Cleveland Grand Prix

• Thread starter 4xchampncountin
  • Start date

4xchampncountin

I am likely going to the Cleveland Grand Prix July 6th. Any ideas on how to better my experience? Who to watch? What they are trying to do exactly? Besides go faster than the other guys, I mean? I am an avid Winston Cup fan, but have no clue as to CART. I had to research on-line to find out the CGP was a Cart event. ^_^

For years, being a CARt fan, I have found that being there AFTER the race is one of the most rewarding parts of the event. After all the hoop laa is over, most of the time you can enter..whats left.. of the "gasoline alley" and catch glimpse of the teams and drivers in autograph sessions, and one on ones with other drivers. This makes some spectaculr photo opps for you.
Enjoy the lights of the roar by the shore..

Bruceman

SHould be a fun event the first under the lights! I wias I was going! It would be a safe bet to root for Paul Tracy in the #3 Players car or Michelle Jordain Jr. in the #9 Rahal car

hey bruceman, welcome to the forums. Pull up a chair and stay awhile.

Here is the track man....you will want to see turn 1 on the start, they tend to have magnets on each other, heh.

Attachments

• Cleveland_telemetrymap_map.gif
    Cleveland_telemetrymap_map.gif
    15.5 KB · Views: 27
How was the race? I watched it on TV and the course looked sweet considering it was on a landing strip. What an original idea. The cars lloked like they got great speed going. I was cheering on Bruno (PacifiCare) car.

I am a NASCAR fan and had the experience of attending the Long Beach Grand Prix. I thought the experience was great. I got to meet Bruno and see his car. I also got to ride around the track in a PACE car. I am a die hard NASCAR fan but will admit that I liked the CHAMP race.

My son was too sick to go, so I gave the tickets to a co-worker. He had a blast.

Yeah, this reply won't help much for Cleveland, but for anyone else who is headed for a ChampCar race this season...I recomend getting one of those Kangaroo TV's.

No, I don't work for them. I just love being able to switch between track feed and timing/scorring. It is much better to keep track of what is going on.

:stickdance:

Well I thought that the race was a fairly good race, no significant wrecks but a few spins a bumps and Tracy didn't win, thats all that matters.
Hey pickle nice sig.

Back
Top Bottom