Clint Bowyer allegedly hit and killed a woman

Can we also talk about how the headline could be worded better?
Good call. It's a good habit to double check from multiple sources or at least read the whole story these days.
The crash report states that Simmons was under the influence of drugs, with a crystalline substance found among her belongings believed to be methamphetamine.

Well, I guess that was the personal matter that Clint had to attend to. As my man @jws926 said, that's just an all around horrible situation. My condolences to the woman's family. Regardless of her potential impairment status and/or general life choices, she was still someone's daughter, relative, etc.

I obviously don't know Clint personally, but I've always liked him. He just comes across to me as a laid-back and good dude, and his presence in the Fox commentary booth has made NASCAR races even more fun for me to watch.

In any situation that I read that someone was innocent but ended up killing a person in an accident I always think how terrible it must feel that you have to go through your life with that. I feel bad for Clint.
I'm in the railroad industry. I feel for those poor locomotive engineers who run over someone trying to beat the train or even choosing that as a method of suicide. It takes over a mile to bring to bring one to a stop.

I'm in the railroad industry. I feel for those poor locomotive engineers who run over someone trying to beat the train or even choosing that as a method of suicide. It takes over a mile to bring to bring one to a stop.
I follow Hobo Shoestring on Youtube that count? :idunno:
1655481543333.png

I'm in the railroad industry. I feel for those poor locomotive engineers who run over someone trying to beat the train or even choosing that as a method of suicide. It takes over a mile to bring to bring one to a st
I absolutely agree. There are railroad tracks right in front of the shop, and a couple of years ago I went to the shop around 11.00 at night and there was a train stopped right in front of it and there were police all over it. It turned out to be a homeless guy had walked in front of the train and it drug him about 150 yards before getting stopped. :(

WTH is wrong with you? Do you work for the local news channel? I try to remain calm most of the time but for you to post the thread title you did is BS.
Bromberg when times were tougher was one of the leading Nascar deathbedder's in the press. He's a worm doing wormy things.

Man, I honestly was having a bad night, had a bad headache because of the heat, and just wanted to post it. Couldn’t think of a title so I copied and pasted. Didn’t mean no disrespect.
It's nice to see how sensitive people are to this whole thing. You have nothing to apologize for. It's very clear no disrespect was intended.

As for this incident. Man. The world isn't always a good place. Bad things happen to good people. I'm sad for the victim, who obviously had some substance abuse issue consuming her life. Her family. Clint and his. Human life is so fragile and you can't possibly prepare for something like this.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Was there something false or misleading in the thread title? I saw nothing wrong with it.
No, but we all know the headline was worded in a way to get more people to click and read. I stopped watching the news in September, 2010, so I am sure my perspective is a bit different than others.
Blaze explained what he did and I think that is fine. I didn't know he had just repeated what was used for the article and hope we can just move on

It's nice to see how sensitive people are to this whole thing. You have nothing to apologize for. It's very clear no disrespect was intended.

As for this incident. Man. The world isn't always a good place. Bad things happen to good people. I'm sad for the victim, who obviously had some substance abuse issue consuming her life. Her family. Clint and his. Human life is so fragile and you can't possibly prepare for something like this.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Well said.

It sucks that Bowyer is going through this. It's something that will stay with him for the rest of his life. I have a neighbor that went through the same thing. He was drunk & served prison time. You can tell he has it in his mind all the time.

Reactions: Pat
Back
Top Bottom