Coca Cola 600 Pre-Race Thread

1716683784141.jpeg

I went through my prerace checklist. New batteries in remote, Tv working good, recliner operating perfect, air-conditioning ice cold, soda-stocked and ice cold, candy bars-stocked, toilet paper-stocked...food and snack run today. :punkrocke

I don't always do it, but along the race on TV, a dedicared PC with the leaderboard or live scoring and a smart phone for posting on RF is the hot set up, imo.

I don't always do it, but along the race on TV, a dedicared PC with the leaderboard or live scoring and a smart phone for posting on RF is the hot set up, imo.
The leaderboard is what I always use when I'm away from a tv during a race.

Anybody use the leaderboard Raw feed other than me?
I usually prefer the simplier leaderboard because most of my usage is with my smartphone when I am away from the live TV coveage.

But I am thinking about doubling up with the both the TV and leaderboard on the PC today (maybe I will do the live feed)
If they are able to race.

I usually prefer the simplier leaderboard because most of my usage is with my smartphone when I am away from the live TV coveage.

But I am thinking about doubling up with the both the TV and leaderboard on the PC today (maybe I will do the live feed)
If they are able to race.
Raw feed is a little more informative, you can see the speed of every lap and watch the delta. I think the main board just shows the Best lap and the delta

Raw feed is a little more informative, you can see the speed of every lap and watch the delta. I think the main board just shows the Best lap and the delta
I agree with that but sometimes it is to much for me process in real time. Obviously lap times matter, as in be the fastest to the win races etc. I like to randomly check them but I think they can be a little deceptive imo for the 600.

I tend to break up this race into two parts, day and night and I think some fast cars early will not adjust as well. I also tend to focus more on track position more, but less on the stages. I still think of the first 300 laps for this race as just the set up.

The marathon like aspect also benefits some drivers that usually don't finish as well. Harrison Burton imo is a good example, he will not run up front or win, I doubt very seriously ge will get a top ten finish. I expect him just be there for those first 300 laps. But the cautions and just the grind will probably ensure he finishes on the lead lap while some others self destruct. His averages a 14.5 finish for the three last 600's which isn't all that impressive but it does represent his best oval average.

A lot of Yada, Yada, junk info or nerdy crap, just the biggest race day of the year, and I am ready for a great day.

I agree with that but sometimes it is to much for me process in real time. Obviously lap times matter, as in be the fastest to the win races etc. I like to randomly check them but I think they can be a little deceptive imo for the 600.

I tend to break up this race into two parts, day and night and I think some fast cars early will not adjust as well. I also tend to focus more on track position more, but less on the stages. I still think of the first 300 laps for this race as just the set up.

The marathon like aspect also benefits some drivers that usually don't finish as well. Harrison Burton imo is a good example, he will not run up front or win, I doubt very seriously ge will get a top ten finish. I expect him just be there for those first 300 laps. But the cautions and just the grind will probably ensure he finishes on the lead lap while some others self destruct. His averages a 14.5 finish for the three last 600's which isn't all that impressive but it does represent his best oval average.

A lot of Yada, Yada, junk info or nerdy crap, just the biggest race day of the year, and I am ready for a great day.
Lets hope for a multi groove - DRY Track!

I use it mostly during commercials to see where everybody is as the race progresses.

I agree with that but sometimes it is to much for me process in real time.
This. The Rolex is about the only race I monitor via scoring. There's too many cars to expect TV to keep up with so I resort to a second source to =try= to track it. Other my efforts for that one race, I don't have techniques to process the data effectively. It becomes more of a distraction than a useful tool.

To say I'm excited and ready for the 600 and 500 to start would be an understatement for sure. :D

No wonder Fox’s coverage is terrible. It’s run by a grown man on a children’s bouncy ball seat.
Yeah..Artie Kempner. Do a Google search, look at his credentials. 4 Emmys . He just had surgery...

I was at the 600 one time when they went till 1am and Nascar said 10 laps to go and it was not the total distance. I do not remember the laps ran but it was not 600 miles. They really tried to get it in but, all the Track and Nascar support staff for the track had been there since daylight day of and they had stopped and restarted the race numerous times.

After seeing all of the track drying equipment that NASCAR rented to Indy Car...I hope they kept enough for Concord. :)

So next thought. Kyle finishes the 500, makes the flight to the 600 about the time storms hit (hopefully the plane and helicopter can fly). If the 600 is red flagged, what are the circumstances required for a driver change during a red flag? Make one lap under yellow, swap drivers, start tail end?

Back
Top Bottom