Coke Zero 400 Bonehead Move Of The Race

SlicedBread22

#TeamJL
I nominate JJ for his stupid move and follow up block resulting in taking out his own team mate and Ambrose...

I also nominate Denny Hamlin for taking himself out along with a few others..

And a shout out too Good Year for making a tire that can blow after 35 laps at a newly repaved Daytona.

I nominate the grand marshals and the restrictor plate.

Besides Johnson, don't forget the back of the pack. Yeah I know it isn't as important, but let us not forget the car that wrecked more cars with a bonehead move than anybody else. Princess Sparkle Pony with her old friend, backmarker Dave Gilliland. Poor dude driving a clean race. Guess you can say she is singlehandly, weeding out the low budget teams. Load up another new car for Danica Tony, the rest of ya, get out the hammers it's bodywork time.

"It felt like I ran just along the wall but it looked like it could have been me that came down in front of the 38 (of Dave Gilliland),” she said. “It definitely wasn’t what I was trying to do at all. I was just following the 88 (Earnhardt Jr.).
“So, if that’s what happened, then I definitely apologize. I lost spots doing it.”

Uh yeah, looked like? you cut off the 38, uh yeah when you turn the wheel to the left and the 38 is there you did that. You didn't hit him in the front..on the side of the front fender if you want to call that the front, yeah you did that. don't follow the 88 when he goes in the middle and you can't. You lost spots yeah.but so did the whole back pack.o_O

I would have to say Ambrose for not holding his line and rubbing fenders with JJ, instead of overreacting and turning his wheel into Kasey and punting him off the track. If he had rubbed fenders then JJ may have been the one to wreck.

I would have to say Ambrose for not holding his line and rubbing fenders with JJ, instead of overreacting and turning his wheel into Kasey and punting him off the track. If he had rubbed fenders then JJ may have been the one to wreck.

JJ cuts the wheel so hard, I bet Marcos thought he was wrecking and simply reacted without thinking. Next time, it may be different.

JJ cuts the wheel so hard, I bet Marcos thought he was wrecking and simply reacted without thinking. Next time, it may be different.
You could be right also. There is no way to really know for sure unless we were sitting in that seat.;)

I didn't think there were any bonehead moves, just the nature of the track. We can speculate about moves after seeing a replay in slow motion but I think the limited vision the drivers have and spotter info takes time to communicate when the driver needs to make instant choices.

Whoever built Paul Menard's engine, because I picked him in my work pool and he was running in third before the frigging #27 exploded. Got a 43, pretty much ended my season. Thanks, ECR engine shop.

Whoever built Paul Menard's engine, because I picked him in my work pool and he was running in third before the frigging #27 exploded. Got a 43, pretty much ended my season. Thanks, ECR engine shop.
They didn't even give you a chance. They must have forgot to put oil in that engine. lol

I nominate JJ. Sure, I am a Marcos fan but I am not a JJ hater, however JJ is the better driver, had a better car and a better team. No need to come down or over like he did, race it out like a man. With 4 laps to go Marcos was not going to win, JJ would have out drove him in any one of those 4 laps.

Its like Shaquille O'Neil dunking on Adam Sandler and then turning around and saying "don't even try, I am the best". Of course, we know.... no need to be an a$$ about it.

The bonehead move of the race goes to Tony Stewart for not wrecking Jimmie Johnson for blocking him on the last lap.

I don't know about you, but I was right here for the whole thing. :)
I never missed a lap either. But, unfortunately I will miss next weeks cup race because I will be on an airplane during the race on Sunday. Damn, I wish I would have been born rich instead of good looking. Then I wouldn't have to work and I could stay home and watch the race.:D

Besides Johnson, don't forget the back of the pack. Yeah I know it isn't as important, but let us not forget the car that wrecked more cars with a bonehead move than anybody else. Princess Sparkle Pony with her old friend, backmarker Dave Gilliland. Poor dude driving a clean race. Guess you can say she is singlehandly, weeding out the low budget teams. Load up another new car for Danica Tony, the rest of ya, get out the hammers it's bodywork time.

"It felt like I ran just along the wall but it looked like it could have been me that came down in front of the 38 (of Dave Gilliland),” she said. “It definitely wasn’t what I was trying to do at all. I was just following the 88 (Earnhardt Jr.).
“So, if that’s what happened, then I definitely apologize. I lost spots doing it.”

Uh yeah, looked like? you cut off the 38, uh yeah when you turn the wheel to the left and the 38 is there you did that. You didn't hit him in the front..on the side of the front fender if you want to call that the front, yeah you did that. don't follow the 88 when he goes in the middle and you can't. You lost spots yeah.but so did the whole back pack.o_O

There is a thread for all things Danica:rolleyes:

Johnson one for ditching his teammate in the draft and two for said ditch resulting in a needless block which wrecked Kahne

SB why did you make this thread, when there was already one titled "Daytona bonehead"? Is there a need for 2 threads with the same subject? You did the same thing for the Daytona pre-race thread as well.

SB why did you make this thread, when there was already one titled "Daytona bonehead"? Is there a need for 2 threads with the same subject? You did the same thing for the Daytona pre-race thread as well.
Yeah except I made this one first.. also I made a Daytona Nationwide series pre race thread, not Coke Zero 400.. also made before the other one btw... look at the dates and times they were made lol because I made them both first. Here I'll do it for u...

My Firecracker 250 Pre Race Thread made on Thursday at 11:57 am
Nationwide at Daytona Thread(not pre) made Friday at 7:55pm (actually theres only 1 NNS pre race thread, and I didnt make a duplicate Coke Zero one)

This thread was made Sunday at 11:01AM
Daytona Bonehead Thread made Sunday at 10:41PM.....

So go find the guy who really that made the replica and bitch at him instead if u really feel the need to complain .. and next time try to be sure about what ur bitching about lol

Just sayin...

I just remembered that I DID however replicate a Silly Season thread.. it was promptly deleted and all of its contents were moved to the original one. So if my thread were in fact duplicates, they would most likely no longer exist.

I'd love to blame SB for this one, but he's right. Coyfish is the dupe thread creator in this case.

SB takes more offense to accusation than anyone I've known. Ain't nobody bitching dude, I think you believe this forum is out to get you. Simple mistake by a noobie my b

I know this is a little late, but I just got home and had the chance to watch the race. I would have to say Logano hands down. He is so lucky that he didn't seriously injure or kill one of his teammates. I also think Nascar should have slapped him with a very stiff penalty. I realize that he was probably upset, but that is no excuse for such an idiotic move. It will probably take some time before his crew will trust him, and be completly comfortable with him during his pitstops.

I was listening to the in car radio and his CC told him to turn around to try to beat the leaders to the line and keep a lap.. so that guy should have heard him say that through the headsets... when Joey started moving which was a few seconds after his CC said that... the guy that got hit was looking in the other direction.. not saying Joeys not at all at fault but that guy should have been paying more attention. Which is why I think... while it was somewhat of a bonehead move .. it doesnt deserve bonehead of the race more than Tony's 100+ lap stretch attempt lol.. just my opinion..

Back
Top Bottom