Coke Zero Sugar 400 at Daytona International Speedway Pre-Race Thread

StandOnIt

Farm Truck
1724109843423.png

1724109888467.jpeg

Its for the movie Ronald Reagan. So what? Many movies have been on cars before.
There's a Reagan movie? Thanks. I =assumed= it was some form of political organization.
There is also the 200th and final win for Richard Petty, that occurred during the 4th of July 1984 Firecracker 400, with Ronald Reagan attending the event.

The Firecracker 400, the World 600, the Southern 500, the Daytona 500 etc is what they will forever be in my mind. I can't blame them for adding a Spon$er's name to an event but I don't think the classic names of the events should ever be minimized. Long live the worthwhile traditions.

I think it’ll always be weird to me this race isn’t run on July 4th weekend. But alas here we are. Might have some big names missing the playoff this year like Chastain, Bubba and Kyle Busch. Chastain missing it would be delicious, no rim ridding the wall to bail him out this time. Chase Elliott is 10 points off the regular season title with the only 213 laps led, but here’s the important part…. 0 DNF’s which no one in the top 16 currently can claim. He’s having a hell of a season consistency-wise, not over driving it and bringing home the car.

NBC is finally getting a professional announcer, but I am not looking forward to gerbil Jeff talking over him. Getting rid of Boomer, at least he didn't say much.

The Firecracker 400, the World 600, the Southern 500, the Daytona 500 etc is what they will forever be in my mind. I can't blame them for adding a Spon$er's name to an event but I don't think the classic names of the events should ever be minimized. Long live the worthwhile traditions.

How 'bout the Rebel 400, the Dixie 500, and of course the Tropicana 400.

NBC is finally getting a professional announcer, but I am not looking forward to gerbil Jeff talking over him. Getting rid of Boomer, at least he didn't say much.
You are getting the same thing with an Australian accent.

I think it’ll always be weird to me this race isn’t run on July 4th weekend. But alas here we are. Might have some big names missing the playoff this year like Chastain, Bubba and Kyle Busch. Chastain missing it would be delicious, no rim ridding the wall to bail him out this time. Chase Elliott is 10 points off the regular season title with the only 213 laps led, but here’s the important part…. 0 DNF’s which no one in the top 16 currently can claim. He’s having a hell of a season consistency-wise, not over driving it and bringing home the car.
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I can't wait for this race, it's always a good time when NASCAR goes to a superspeedway. I don't care what anyone says, it's the most exciting form of racing in the world.

It’s exciting and annoying at the same time. I’ll enjoy it, but I’m sure we’ll all be complaining about something once it’s over.

One of 4 of the most boring tire weeks of the year. 😇

NASCAR Cup Series — Race No. 25 – 200 laps / 500 miles
Daytona International Speedway (2.5-mile oval) – Daytona Beach, Fla.

Fast Facts for August 23-24, 2024

Tire: Goodyear Eagle 18-inch Superspeedway Radials

Set limits: Cup: 1 set for qualifying and 7 sets for the race

(6 race sets plus 1 set transferred from qualifying)

Tire Codes: Left-side — D-5142; Right-side — D-5116

Tire Circumference: Left-side — 2,274 mm (89.53 in.); Right-side — 2,280 mm (89.76 in.)

Minimum Recommended Inflation: Left Front — 28 psi; Left Rear — 28 psi;

Right Front — 52 psi; Right Rear — 50 psi

Storyline – Pit strategy important at Daytona: Pit strategy has always been a big part of NASCAR Cup racing. At Daytona International Speedway this weekend, teams will employ four-tire, two-tire and fuel only stops during the course of the 160-lap race around the two-and-a-half-mile superspeedway. Choosing pit calls helps teams line up with teammates and other cars they are working with to maximize their performance in the draft.

“Teams are always able to mix in some fuel only and two-tire stops at Daytona,” said Greg Stucker, Goodyear’s director of racing. “As teams work the draft and line up with teammates or others from their manufacturer, staying in line after coming into the pits is vitally important. Cup teams are intimately familiar with this tire set-up, with this being the sixth race at this track on these tires. That level of comfort is important for teams in setting their strategy and knowing what to expect.”

Notes – Cup teams return on Daytona/Talladega tire set-up: Being on 18-inch bead diameter tires, NASCAR Cup teams will run a different tire set-up than those in the Xfinity Series at Daytona this week . . . this is the same combination of left- and right-side tires Cup teams have run at Daytona since the beginning of 2022. . . they have also run this same tire set-up at Talladega over that time . . . with this 18-inch bead diameter tire, and its lower profile sidewall, NASCAR Cup cars do not run inner liners in any of their tires.

<----- after all the near misses, it's time for this guy to bag the trophy and a spot in the playoffs.

Those remind of the old aero package they used in the late 90’s early 2000’s at Dega and Daytona that had those roof wickers. If I remember correctly I think one was also placed on the side of the back window

I know the chances are slim but man would I love to see the #7 win this thing as a big middle finger to the team

Back
Top Bottom