Coke Zero Sugar 400 at Daytona International Speedway Pre-Race Thread

Honestly, I'm more offended by the 78 being sponsored by Scumbag Dana White's Abominable CTE ****show.

BJ-McLeod-Daytona-scheme.jpg

I wonder how many people know what competitive power slapping is . . . .

Chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE) indeed.

This is the rainy season in Florida. Usually the rains come over the east coast earlier in the day and can dissipate before supper. West coast gets the roll up later in the day. Hopefully Saturday is a reprieve from moisture.

Summers in Florida have a ton of "convectional showers". Humid conditions and the sun heating things up draws moisture to the clouds until they dump it down. I remember it happening regularly between 11am and 1pm. It would rain super hard for 30 minutes and then the sun came out...it was friggin miserable conditions.

Should be minimal threat of rain after 8:00pm, but averaging about 40% chance overall between now and Monday night. Wouldn’t be shocked to see a delay tonight and tomorrow

Attachments

• IMG_4941.jpeg
    IMG_4941.jpeg
    136.4 KB · Views: 17
What?? It rains in Florida in the summer?? This is ridiculous. We need to start the race at noon!

They called for pouring rain yesterday and it barely sprinkled 3 or 4 times. Blue skies in Daytona right now. Went in the pool this morning, fried up some cod, leaving for the track very very soon. The seller for our Xfinity tickets threw in and unexpected premium parking pass!

They called for pouring rain yesterday and it barely sprinkled 3 or 4 times. Blue skies in Daytona right now. Went in the pool this morning, fried up some cod, leaving for the track very very soon. The seller for our Xfinity tickets threw in and unexpected premium parking pass!
You’re gonna love it. Best motorsports facility in the country and I don’t think it’s close.

You’re gonna love it. Best motorsports facility in the country and I don’t think it’s close.
I toured the place a few years ago. I will never forget standing at the middle of turn 3-4 and looking up at the top of the race track,Its just amazing to realize it is as tall as a 5 story building. And these guys drive cars around that? Wow!

That probably means they were more in race trim than qual. trim.
Which is what WE do every damn super speedway....wish we would send a Legacy out with a McDriver set up or something....just to make me feel better.

I toured the place a few years ago. I will never forget standing at the middle of turn 3-4 and looking up at the top of the race track,Its just amazing to realize it is as tall as a 5 story building. And these guys drive cars around that? Wow!

Yep, my family took one of the tours there back in the early 90s when I was a kid. Absolutely loved it! Completely blew my mind, and I always said I would see a race there one day. Hasn't happened yet, but it's coming

In the meantime, I'll just live vicariously thru @Speedbowl14

Yep, my family took one of the tours there back in the early 90s when I was a kid. Absolutely loved it! Completely blew my mind, and I always said I would see a race there one day. Hasn't happened yet, but it's coming

In the meantime, I'll just live vicariously thru @Speedbowl14
When you go, make it the 500. This is an experience of a life time.

I’m not a big fan of plate racing but I’m still stoked about the race. I’m hoping someone like Jones or Gragson wins!

Back
Top Bottom