College Basketball 2019-2020

Vermont off to a great start played Virginia very well the other week.

Kentucky closed at -25 against Evansville and Duke -27.5 against SFA. I read earlier in the season there had only even been ~100 games with a spread of 25 or greater dating back to 2003. Anarchy in college basketball this season.

Kansas has really come on strong since their K-State melee, haven't lost a game.

Probably good for SDSU and Gonzaga to drop 1 before tournament time. I was rooting for undefeated Aztecs though. They really hadn't played anyone except at home Iowa and Creighton.

Kansas has really come on strong since their K-State melee, haven't lost a game.

Probably good for SDSU and Gonzaga to drop 1 before tournament time. I was rooting for undefeated Aztecs though. They really hadn't played anyone except at home Iowa and Creighton.
I’d always like to see someone enter the tourney unbeaten but I agree the loss probably helps them refocus and adjust in the long run. Although they should still be on the 1 line right now thanks to the Maryland loss yesterday. I think those wins over Iowa and Creighton were at a neutral site in Vegas and they’re also the only team to win @ BYU and Utah State. Not many opportunities left for quality wins the rest of the way unless they play USU in the conference tourney again though so they need to be perfect.

Got my new shirt to wear to tomorrow's KU/K-State game :whoopee:

9668435.jpeg

Duke has lost three of four and I’m sure some will still think they should be on the 2 line for now.

Baylor was a big surprise. Kansas got all they could handle from K-State. FSU losing to Clemson helps give Dayton and SDSU some breathing room.

America East champs again, but as always 1 bid conference got to win conference tournament.

America East champs again, but as always 1 bid conference got to win conference tournament.
I think some more of these 1-bid leagues should do like the West Coast and Ohio Valley and give their top teams double or even triple byes. But at least the AE has home court throughout. Vermont is always one to look out for when they make the tournament.

NCAA supposed to make a decision in the next few days if they're going to go fanless for the tournament or what. Lot of $$ on the line.

Ivy league cancelled their league tourny, MAC and BigWest going fanless, ACC SEC still going for it.
I’m supposed to be in Tampa with a few people for at least the first round games on Thursday. Would be super disappointing if they go empty arena but that appears to be the trajectory right now.

Vermont had pretty tight restrictions on fans tonight when they beat UMBC in the America East semis, I have to wonder final they will do more Saturday for the finals against Hartford.

I think some more of these 1-bid leagues should do like the West Coast and Ohio Valley and give their top teams double or even triple byes. But at least the AE has home court throughout. Vermont is always one to look out for when they make the tournament.

The MAC and Big 10 do that

I’m supposed to be in Tampa with a few people for at least the first round games on Thursday. Would be super disappointing if they go empty arena but that appears to be the trajectory right now.

Puts a damper on things for sure. Don't know if it's happening in FL and not to derail or fear monger, but almost all of the universities out here in CA are suspending classes to online-only. Duke and Ohio State have too. Seems the outdoor sports have caught a break versus indoor so far, except Washington state governor just banned gatherings of 250+. You could hit up The Players Championship on Thursday, golf and nascar still full go.

My alma mater Temple Owls struggled through a rough season in Aaron Mckie's first year as a head coach. The team of my youth Syracuse (still a fan) is also having a rough season. The Owls play SMU tonight in the 1st round of AAC Tournament while the 'Cuse takes on UNC around the same time, 8:30/9.

I'm interested in the PL Title game, Colgate vs Boston U.

I was considering going to the NCAA 1st round games in Albany next week (opted out of Atlanta) but I'm not sure they're going to allow fans. With 3 of the 4 major professional sports leagues/teams, NBA, MLB and MLB, limiting fans I have to think it's only a matter of time before NASCAR and the PGA Tour at least make a statement. I'm honestly surprised there hasn't been more discussion in the Atlanta race thread about this. I'm personally just trying to live normally but sadly this situation is going to take certain decisions out of our hands.

The University of Vermont has cancelled classes and will be moving to online only courses so I would imagine that the AE championship game would be crowdless.

Back
Top Bottom