College Basketball thread

Gonzaga the lone unbeaten now.

Baylor looked pretty rough this week, that COVID break must've taken some out of them. Come tourney time on a neutral floor I'm still taking Gonzaga/Michigan/Baylor versus the field though.

For the past 3-4 years, it seems like Baylor just falls apart toward the end of the season. We'll see if that trend continues this year. They will have to play better next week in Morgantown to keep from losing 2 in a row.

At least one never-dancer guaranteed to make the tournament for the first time, Hartford and UMass-Lowell pulled off upsets today to match up in the America East title game next weekend.

Add Kansas to the list. Out of the Big 12 tourney, remains to be seen whether or not they can play next week.

Looks like Duke is going to be invited to the tournament.

This isn't right. They were already destined for the NIT Tournament and now might just be allowed to play anyway.

Where%27s+Dook.jpg

Seriously though, sounds like Virginia and Kansas should be good to go Saturday and hopefully nothing else crops up before Thursday. Championship Week was great, if the tournament pops off like the past few days it'll be a great month.

Ohio State played better today. Hopefully, Kyle Young can play in the tourney. I'm disappointed with the lose tho.

So many upsets yesterday, so much blueballing today. Glad Ohio was finally able to pull one off.

I don’t understand the high seeds who play consistently conservative. You think if you’re more talented you’d speed the pace of the game up and make them keep up. Instead they seem often resigned to trying to win these low scoring games.

That’s another thing as well, this has been a very low scoring tournament

What a finish with Texas-Abilene Christian, can’t imagine the nerves that guy had shooting those free throws

My bracket finished 23-9 through the first round, got screwed over by the VCU-Oregon game

I don’t understand the high seeds who play consistently conservative. You think if you’re more talented you’d speed the pace of the game up and make them keep up. Instead they seem often resigned to trying to win these low scoring games.

That’s another thing as well, this has been a very low scoring tournament
Honestly a lot of the good teams don’t really play quick and would be more out of their element trying to go up tempo, they’re just efficient. Virginia is literally the slowest team in the country. A few of them can run for sure, namely Gonzaga, Alabama, Arkansas, Oklahoma State. But a group like Iowa just scores really well.

A lot of ugly but entertaining basketball for sure though.

Honestly a lot of the good teams don’t really play quick and would be more out of their element trying to go up tempo, they’re just efficient. Virginia is literally the slowest team in the country. A few of them can run for sure, namely Gonzaga, Alabama, Arkansas, Oklahoma State. But a group like Iowa just scores really well.

A lot of ugly but entertaining basketball for sure though.

Oh yeah for sure. Plus in basketball it’s always easier to slow a game down than speed it up. Watching ORU/OSU it was very obvious, ORU ran a 4-out offense essentially and either had that small PG drive or passed around for a 3. Then once the shot went up they rushed back on D with the exception of one guy. Forced Ohio State to play in the half court the whole game and kept it low scoring.

My bracket still have Baylor and Kansas alive, that's about it.

Went 20-12 in the 1st round, got the brilliant idea to pick Texas and SDSU to the final 4, roasted myself.

Oregon looks strong put up 95 points, Kansas going to have to go thru two pac12 teams

Zags got challenged early by Oklahoma but cruising now

Can't believe Michigan is carrying the whole Big Ten right now. One Sweet 16 team, shockingly bad performance considering how many high seeds the league had.

Really good first weekend, record number of upsets for this point in the tournament, lots of close games. I think this weekend Sunday has the better slate compared to Saturday.

Back
Top Bottom