College Football 2022

Tenn or Bama. Unfortunately they both has 2 losses so the committee couldn't put them in.

I don’t really get what the point of the SEC Championship & SEC conference games is with that logic but obviously it’s happened a bunch.

Short post
An excessive demand for perfection is most often elusive, and if unchecked it can and will often ruin all of the good moments in life

The Long post:
Obviously perfection is a great goal which in this context would have the two absolutely best teams facing off in the epic classic championship game. The two teams need to be from different conferences as well and the selection process needs to ensure that all the contenders had a fair pathway demonstrate that they were indeed one of the two best teams.

But that alone is still not enough, it also needs to be a game between the two teams at their best that is only won after one of the players makes an incredibile play for the winning score during the last minute or seconds of the game (most importantly it needs to have smoking hawt double jointed cheerleaders making their moves on camara).

It just isnt a realistic expectation and there is no formula to guarantee the results on demand.

Overall the playoff or final 4 resulted in two very good semi final games this year. Two out of three aint bad. Enjoy the good momemts while you have them, lest you go insane pursing perfection.

I actually sort of like watching massive blowouts sometimes like last night, it balances out the other 2 classics. And as much as I hate the idea of playoff expansion diluting the regular season, it will at least move discussion away from who or who not, into being settled on the field of play, and I will come to accept more football is more football.

The teams that I would have liked to have seen how they fared in an expanded playoff this year, were the Florida State Seminoles and Washington Huskies, assuming they had made it in (which I suppose would be the next landing spot for discussion). So I guess that debate will live on.

Regardless, this was yet another year of riveting collegiate football throughout.

There’s just not enough parity in this sport to get three good playoff games, the number of teams who are really equipped to win it all each year is infinitesimally small. That’s just the way the sport is built, there aren’t a bunch of parity measures like pro sports can afford to implement. The fact that we got two great semifinals for the first time is good enough with that in mind, and then consider that the regular season and bowl season were as good as they’ve each been in a little bit. I can’t be too mad about that but there’s a lot of tunnel vision on the CFP in general these days, which isn’t how the sport was viewed not too long ago.

The “good” thing, if you want to call it that, is that in the future no one like TCU will make it to the NCG.

In an expanded playoff for this season I would’ve bet on a Georgia vs Alabama/Ohio St matchup. Those are the types of teams it’ll be dangerous to give another opportunity to and it’ll be extremely difficult for any “Cinderella” type teams to pull off more than one upset. This ain’t basketball.

Y'all won't like my answer but Ohio State's semi final deserved to be the final. That would have made an exciting final, only losing by 1.
It pretty much was, I doubt TCU would’ve fared much better against OSU. You can definitely argue Ohio State is #2 on their best day.

I’m starting to think if Kirby is the type of coach to not show his whole hand. Last season, SEC Championship, loses to Bama. Then they come out in the Natty and get the W. Now the only thing that is kind of the matter with that, if they beat Bama there, then they would have been out like this season with 2 Ls. But look at some of the games this season, yeah they had blowouts, but they didn’t seem to play up to what they seem to be able to do in some of the games. Barely winning, doing just what they needed. If so it almost cost them some games, almost cost them a trip to the National Championship. So maybe I’m wrong, but the whipping they put on TCU, seemed like a “Here’s what we’re really capable of.” That or TCU got extremely lucky to be there or maybe both.

I’m starting to think if Kirby is the type of coach to not show his whole hand. Last season, SEC Championship, loses to Bama. Then they come out in the Natty and get the W. Now the only thing that is kind of the matter with that, if they beat Bama there, then they would have been out like this season with 2 Ls. But look at some of the games this season, yeah they had blowouts, but they didn’t seem to play up to what they seem to be able to do in some of the games. Barely winning, doing just what they needed. If so it almost cost them some games, almost cost them a trip to the National Championship. So maybe I’m wrong, but the whipping they put on TCU, seemed like a “Here’s what we’re really capable of.” That or TCU got extremely lucky to be there or maybe both.
Georgia could afford a loss in the SEC CG last year too. Look at the other big games they played against Oregon, LSU, and Tennessee this season - they were never in doubt. They can coast against most of the rest of the regular season schedule although Mizzou was definitely unnecessarily close.

Best sport in the country, shortest schedule in the country.

537889B2-E2F8-4497-AC54-AB596B9A66F9.jpeg

Georgia could afford a loss in the SEC CG last year too. Look at the other big games they played against Oregon, LSU, and Tennessee this season - they were never in doubt. They can coast against most of the rest of the regular season schedule although Mizzou was definitely unnecessarily close.
That Mizzou one definitely had me worried for sure. Shouldn’t have been that close.

Well, they should have avoided losing by 3 touchdowns at home to Michigan.
I'm not saying y'all didn't deserve the title game. You are so touchy, geez.

I was simply saying that 1 point game would have made a hell of a championship game.

Why are you so mean and bitter? Yes I just said it out loud. I don't get your hate of Ohio State? I don't hate Michigan. I respect Michigan, if anything

I was simply saying that 1 point game would have made a hell of a championship game.

Why are you so mean and bitter? Yes I just said it out loud. I don't get your hate of Ohio State? I don't hate Michigan. I respect Michigan, if anything

What’s he being bitter about? Michigan literally won 42-23 very convincing.

I’m supposed to be on the OSU bandwagon but let’s call it like it is.

It pretty much was, I doubt TCU would’ve fared much better against OSU. You can definitely argue Ohio State is #2 on their best day.
They should've beat GA. They didnt, so credit to GA but that was their game to lose...and they did. lol

Harrison Jr going out completely changed the game.

Once both GA and OSU saw TCU win they both knew that game was the NCG.

What? lol

What a moron. The guy is older than a lot of nfl players but acting like a teenager
Not that it really matters though in the NFL world. I mean public intoxication vs something like 20+ accusations of sexual misconduct is virtually meaningless. Now, if the guy held a normal man's position in society and was looking for a promotion, he might just be in trouble.

Good extra payday for the Hateful 8 schools.

Now more than ever the SEC needs to expand to a 9-game conference schedule to create more impactful games and allow for players and fans to visit each opposing stadium once in a four-year graduation cycle. 3 annual rivals, rotating 6 others on home/away in two-year periods seems to be the way to go. Some of these would be hard as a lot of SEC schools can lay claim to more than three rivals, but overall it’s a balance that could work and prevent stupidity like Georgia and A&M having played only once as conference mates, Florida and Auburn having played only once since 2011, and so on.

Back
Top Bottom