College Football 2024

FLRacingFan

Team Owner
The dawn of a new era in college football - sweeping conference realignment, an expanded playoff, and a couple of new head coaches tasked with filling the shoes of giants. Going to be a very interesting season one way or another.

Football is great and 2nd only to racing imo. But wrapping my mind around football in the heat of August is tough. I hated two a days, it was just a torture from coaches with an attitude in the high 90s°.

It starts getting good to me around October when the air gets crisp and the leaves start turning to a reddish orange.

Football is great and 2nd only to racing imo. But wrapping my mind around football in the heat of August is tough. I hated two a days, it was just a torture from coaches with an attitude in the high 90s°.

It starts getting good to me around October when the air gets crisp and the leaves start turning to a reddish orange.
Most major schools are fortunate enough to have built indoor practice facilities by now, but it’s brutal even just sitting in the stands during some of these games down south in September and even much of October. Can’t imagine what it’s like having to play in them at a high level. No glitzy climate-controlled domes like in the NFL and quicker tempo/more plays per game.

Most major schools are fortunate enough to have built indoor practice facilities by now, but it’s brutal even just sitting in the stands during some of these games down south in September and even much of October. Can’t imagine what it’s like having to play in them at a high level. No glitzy climate-controlled domes like in the NFL and quicker tempo/more plays per game.
And vice versa playing in some of the stadiums up north in late November.

The Michigan vs OSU game in Michigan 2 years ago was magical theatre.

DJU is not close to Jordan Travis
Found it odd Norvell wedded himself to this guy for the season after he already got run out of the ACC a few years ago. Not anywhere close to being a top transfer market QB, or even the best from available from the PAC-2 (Cam Ward).

College football is back, baby.

Could see seven or eight different teams winning the ACC this season. So sad that FSU wants to run to another league and hide.

It's a shame he bought into poser Deion's nonsense and spent his collegiate career playing for a loser
He flipped from FSU to follow Deion to Jackson State out of high school so I think it actually worked out okay lol. Would much rather he be on an Independence Bowl-type squad (at best) than a Seminole any day.

Great game, although I feel like the clock operator screwed the Bison a good bit on that final drive. I know this game was scheduled back in 2016 or so but I’m still baffled teams keep scheduling the Dakotas for tune-up games…I respect it, but you definitely don’t need to be doing all that. A lot of risk for little reward.

Them Jo-Jah Dawgs looked really strong against Clemson.

Florida 4-8 season incoming
What’s insane is that even that might not be enough to get rid of him. His buyout is like $25M, UF doesn’t even have a President at the moment and the AD is also on the hot seat. Maybe too many moving parts for it to happen this year. And they might just justify it by saying it’s in part because they have arguably the toughest schedule in history this season.

Back
Top Bottom