College

A

AngelPoet8

I can't believe I will be gone everybody. In 13 days I will be gone and off to college. Oh.. ..what a scary and happy time. Does anybody have any tips about college?

Krystle

tip #1 Have fun and enjoy your time there!!!!!!
tip #2 Don't forget about Racing-fourms:D
and the most important tip make sure you invite me down there around the IRl and BGN races:jumping:

Study!! Stay away from the "ice cream socials"!! Don't rush any sororieties your first year!! Go to NASCAR races every chance you get!!:)

Work hard, but enjoy yourself. These are some of the best years you'll ever have. They won't last long.

Also, get involved in extracurricular activities. It'll get you *into* school more quickly. The school newspaper is a good option if you like to write. :)

Good luck!

dont do like my brother and start parting and doing drugs.......just do your work and you will get a good job after you get out and not like him and work his ass off for nothing

1. Keep an open mind, but do not allow your self to be changed too much. You are about to experience cultures, ideals, ideologies, and morals you never knew existed. Examine your beliefs and then stick to them.

2. Learn to drink beer from a funnel.

3. Do not be overly tough on yourself. No one expects perfection.

4. Know going in that you will learn much more outside a classroom than you will inside it. These lessons can be fun, harsh, cruel, unconscious, or heart breaking. Keep your eyes open and take it all in.

5. One last word of advice, taken straight from one of my professors. He gave only 2 exams, the first timed so that the students would receive the grade in time to drop if needed. After the first exam, the class went from 200 to about 60. On that morning, he related the following story that has stuck with me ever since:

I see many of our peers have left us, and many of you have a look on your face that tells me you are worried about your GPA taking a hit after out exam.
At Harvard Medical School, graduates do not cross the stage alphabetically, rather by grade point average, highest to lowest. Do you know what they call the last person to walk across the stage at Harvard Medical School?

They call him doctor, just like the first one.

remember, college is not just about academics...yes thats the purpose of going...but college teaches you much more about the real world. its a time where you will find out who you truely are and a time to make a ton of life long friends. make good grades, but dont waste all of your time with your nose in the books all day long.

i have a buddy that does that, he's a mechanical eng. major at NC State.........he has no Social skills at all because of that.

i'll be heading off to WCU in about a week, with only a year and a half of college left. and i plan on grabbing a beer as soon as i get back :)

Thank you everybody for posting and who are still going to post.
Thanks for the tips in college.

Krystle

Stay away from Pauley Shore:p Good luck my friend,College is like many other things in life,It's what you make it;)

TnWard,I think that last one to walk off the stage is sawboneing here in my town.:p :gavel: :chainsaw:

Back
Top Bottom