Colossial 100

http://dirtnation.net/

DIRT NATION™ Live! presented by Lucas Oil is hosted by Dave Seay and Barry Braun and is broadcast on www.racetalklive.com from 8 – 10 PM EST every Monday. Archives of previous shows are available for On Demand listening and downloading at www.dirtnation.net.

The Lineup for April 14

Scott Bloomquist, driver of Team Zero owned #0 Bloomquist, joins the show to talk about defending his Colossal 100 title, being considered the bad guy and driver safety from a car builders perspective.

Joey Saldana, driver of Kasey Kahne Racing’s #9 Budweiser sponsored JEI, joins the show to talk about his slow start to the 2008 season, how tough the series is this year, driver safety and about his new website.

Larry Wight, driver of LJL Racing’s #99 Gypsum Express Bicknell on the Advance Auto Parts Super DIRTcar Series joins the show to talk about traveling with the Super Dirtcar Series full-time, being a 15 year old on the tour and about moving from the DIRTcar Sportsman ranks to the big blocks full-time.

I know we got some Tenn Folks on here...

Anybody notice Shanon Buckingham be driving a

Toyoto car....not sure if Toyoto drivetrain or just Toyo

on nose piece.....Any thoughts????

I know we got some Tenn Folks on here...

Anybody notice Shanon Buckingham be driving a

Toyoto car....not sure if Toyoto drivetrain or just Toyo

on nose piece.....Any thoughts????

I have a cousin who helped him some in the pit last year. I called him and he said he thinks the Crate is full Toyota but the super late model has a Bloomquist Chassis. Rusty Wallace is a sponsor and gave him his stuff.

I have a cousin who helped him some in the pit last year. I called him and he said he thinks the Crate is full Toyota but the super late model has a Bloomquist Chassis. Rusty Wallace is a sponsor and gave him his stuff.

Thanks TK ~~

Billy Moyer set a new track record.........

the heat to watch was between chubb and bloomer....

Chubb wouldnt give a inch......wow....ended up putting Bloomer in 2nd

Winners Jimmy Owens...taking it from Ricky Weeks on last lap
Chubb
Kid Rocket with Madden with a distant 2nd
Billy Moyer....
Rambo was the 5th or 6th fastest but only to fall back in crowd....

Rambo and Davenport as well as Donnie Moran, Clint Smith to name a few will have to race their way in tommorow...

Thanks for the info. :)
How was the track?

Track wasnt that bad..last few times....Lowes has really done a 180 degree turn

on how they do they prep the track....no deep ruts and craters like it use to be

the hi line was working first part of nite....toward the end...hi line was working as much as was earlier...

weather doesnt ...look favorable...but im going..and will see what unfolds...

just FYI...the drag strip is moving right along and is over to the left...side of the dirt track...they moved the pits....over to TURNS 1 and 2

COLOSSAL 100 LINEUP
Steve Francis - Eddie Carrier Jr
Darrel Lanigan - Steve Shaver
Dale McDowell - Ray Cook
Ricky Weeks - Brian Birkhofer
Jeep Van Wormer - Jackie Boggs
Shannon Babb - Billy Moyer
Josh Richards - Bob Gordon
Dan Schlieper - Jimmy Owens
Scott Bloomquist - Jeremy Miller
Tim McCreadie - John Gill
Chub Frank - Jimmy Mars
Earl Pearson Jr - Randle Chupp
Chris Madden - Donnie Moran
Brady Smith - Rick Eckert
John Blankenship - Mike Marlar
Doug Horton - Vic Coffey
Dennis Franklin - Jeff Smith
Clint Smith (WoO Provisional) - TBD

FINISHED....

Francis
Madden
Richards
Owens
McDowell
Babb
McCreadie
Blankenship

FINISHED....

Francis
Madden
Richards
Owens
McDowell
Babb
McCreadie
Blankenship

WTG, Steve Francis.
woohoo.gif

Great action pics. Thanks for sharing the link.

http://www.lowesmotorspeedway.com/news_photos/press_releases/530519.html
080419hh2001_md.jpg

(Photo: Harold Hinson)

Circle K Colossal 100 (100 laps): 1. Steve Francis; 2. Chris Madden; 3. Josh Richards; 4. Jimmy Owens; 5. Dale McDowell; 6. Shannon Babb; 7. Tim McCreadie; 8. John Blankenship; 9. Eddie Carrier Jr.; 10. Ricky Weeks; 11. Jeep Van Wormer; 12. Bob Gordon; 13. Darrell Lanigan; 14. Rick Eckert; 15. Doug Horton; 16. Scott Bloomquist; 17. Earl Pearson Jr.; 18. Ray Cook; 19. Brady Smith; 20. Dennis "Rambo" Franklin; 21. Billy Moyer; 22. Vic Coffey; 23. Mike Marlar; 24. Donnie Moran; 25. Jackie Boggs; 26. Randle Chupp; 27. Jeremy Miller; 28. Chub Frank; 29. Jeff Smith; 30. Dan Schlieper; 31. Clint Smith; 32. Jimmy Mars; 33. John Gill; 34. Steve Shaver; 35. Brian Birkhofer; 36. G.R. Smith.
Chub Frank took a ride.

dg0408colossal100__0797_md.jpg

Photo: David Griffin)

good info as always...Kell...

wish u been there to see your Tenn boys...

several rain delays..but they got in n...

I only go to our local track.
I use to love going to the different tracks with dad and my brother, except Atomic, below Knoxville, TN. Almost any time you visted that track, the locals would tear your car all to pieces before you left there. Atomic was an interesting track to run. I would like to go to The Mountain, Maryville, Tn (Old Smokey Mountain)to see how it's changed over the years. It's been a while since I've been there.

good info as always...Kell...

wish u been there to see your Tenn boys...

several rain delays..but they got in n...

Hey they are just getting all the rain out of the way before I get over there to see the All Star Race.

I was just glad to see a New Winner......

WTG LAST YEAR WoO POINTS CHAMPION WINNER

STEVE FRANCIS​

Came across this post on another site...

JUST FYI

Yeah this Years Colossal was Full of Surprises.Billy Moyer had Troubles at The End,Chub Flips End over End 8 Times,Eddie Carrier was Dealt A Bad Hand at The Start of The Race,Steve Francis was on A Rail Leading all 100 Laps,& The 2 Time Defending Champion " Black Sunshine" "Voo Doo Child" Scott Bloomquist was Denied a Three Peat in this Years Version of The Colossal.That was The Worst I've Seen Him in A Big Race since The Pennsboro Days back in The Early 90's.I have never seen Him go that Many Times in The Pits,but The Way He was Driving out there it did not Look like A Typical Scott Bloomquist Setup.I mean He was Carrying that Front Left High Off The Ground & You Usually don't See that out of Him.Plus it Looked like His Car was Awful Loose at The End,but there is Next Year Right.

WOW!!!

Didn't I read somewhere that Donnie hit someone in the pits?? Was that true or rumor. I haven't had time to run down the gossip from the truth. :D

Back
Top Bottom