Come say hi to me

lisa

Kurt Busch fan
I know this forum isn't one of the busier ones but stop in and say hi to me here. Tell me what is going on in your life.

I am busy with studying and with work, both keep me soooo busy. I really do love school but it can be very stressful and I don't handle stress well. I am hanging in there though, I am not one to give up.

good-day-6044.gif

Nuttin much, just another busy day at my animal boarding facility. Right now I'm just relaxing and talking to friends.

Hi Lisa. Good luck with school.

I am between school quarters and I am not sure what to do.
The two classes I need to take is on thur and fri nights with intense labs. If I take them I will do two consecutive 17 hour days (that is real work and school hours, doesn't include transport and or personal time).

It a is tough balance and I mainly went back to school just for the personal growth. I already make too much $ to want to. change companys. It would have to be an incredible offer that I couldn't refuse.

Several conflicting thoughts: I have a 3.76 GPA that rounds out to highest honors. The company pays for almost 75 % of the cost. I hate to quit just because the going is tough.

But the most money I could make with the degree probably only tops out to 10 % more at the most.
I also already get to define most of my work, the only time I am stuck at a designated machine is when someone is absent. But most days I just float around troubleshooting the biggest problems. I also train others as well. I work hard and I am trusted and have a lot freedom as a result. Being motivated to work with freedom is something I enjoy, sometimes I think I am crazy worrying about getting a degree.

Most of all I have sacrificed so much posting time :) for my studies.

Another busy day completed. Brother and his wife came up. He's taking my husband's tool chest home --- I didn't use the tools so they are going to a good home.
Sunny day, but really cool in the shade.

Hello there Lisa. :waver:

Dealing with stress is a bitch to say the least but whenever I feel the pressure of work or anything getting to me I tend to let go of all that crazy tension by venting and talking about it with the girlfriend or just someone close to me.

Posting here is also a nice release. Music does the trick for me. I immerse myself in music and forget about my problems for however long I'm in that particular mindset.

@Greg You're not crazy for thinking that at all.

These are tough times to find a decent job that pays really well and these days you need some sort of degree anything to be able to get that coveted job, and even then sometimes its not possible.

Qutting when the going gets tough seems like an easy option when things are on a down spiral but one has to keep their head up and see the tough times through to the end.

It'd be a shame to quit midway through something that you have already started doing in the first place. Specially when you worked so hard to get to the point that you are right now.

Another busy day completed. Brother and his wife came up. He's taking my husband's tool chest home --- I didn't use the tools so they are going to a good home.

I think the tool deal is cool. Me and my dad used the same boxes, after he passed away I still feel a little of his legacy when there in my hands. Sometimes and years too late I realize how good he was with those wrenches. How he as poor old cotton mill worker improvised so well.

When I finished renovating my workshop last fall I felt like he would have been proud of his boy. He had an old horseshoe that he said was for good luck. I am not superstitious but I put it over the shop door for my dear old dad, I guess the best freind I ever had.

Nuttin much, just another busy day at my animal boarding facility. Right now I'm just relaxing and talking to friends.

Hi, sweetie. I am up late tonight, I should be in bed. I have to get up early, 5 am.

You board animals? I love animals. :)

Hi Lisa. Good luck with school.

I am between school quarters and I am not sure what to do.
The two classes I need to take is on thur and fri nights with intense labs. If I take them I will do two consecutive 17 hour days (that is real work and school hours, doesn't include transport and or personal time).

It a is tough balance and I mainly went back to school just for the personal growth. I already make too much $ to want to. change companys. It would have to be an incredible offer that I couldn't refuse.

Several conflicting thoughts: I have a 3.76 GPA that rounds out to highest honors. The company pays for almost 75 % of the cost. I hate to quit just because the going is tough.

But the most money I could make with the degree probably only tops out to 10 % more at the most.
I also already get to define most of my work, the only time I am stuck at a designated machine is when someone is absent. But most days I just float around troubleshooting the biggest problems. I also train others as well. I work hard and I am trusted and have a lot freedom as a result. Being motivated to work with freedom is something I enjoy, sometimes I think I am crazy worrying about getting a degree.

Most of all I have sacrificed so much posting time :) for my studies.

Wow, you really are between a rock and a hard place. What about a degree? Are you close to getting a degree?

It was really sunny here today, TRL, but the wind was really cool. I am still wearing my coat when outside. I know it's only March but I am ready for warm weather.

I am glad your husband's tool chest is going to a good home too, TRL. My mom still has some of my dad's things but she is slowly giving his things away to good homes.

Hello there Lisa. :waver:

Dealing with stress is a bitch to say the least but whenever I feel the pressure of work or anything getting to me I tend to let go of all that crazy tension by venting and talking about it with the girlfriend or just someone close to me.

Posting here is also a nice release. Music does the trick for me. I immerse myself in music and forget about my problems for however long I'm in that particular mindset.

@Greg You're not crazy for thinking that at all.

These are tough times to find a decent job that pays really well and these days you need some sort of degree anything to be able to get that coveted job, and even then sometimes its not possible.

Qutting when the going gets tough seems like an easy option when things are on a down spiral but one has to keep their head up and see the tough times through to the end.

It'd be a shame to quit midway through something that you have already started doing in the first place. Specially when you worked so hard to get to the point that you are right now.

Hi reck,

I hope things are well with you.

Yes, things here are stressful, this week is particularly so but I am not giving in. I am taking it one day at a time, I have a lot to get done but I know I can do it. I just have to take a lot of deep breathes and simply do it.

Being here helps actually, gives me a place to vent and get away from my troubles. :)

Wow, you really are between a rock and a hard place. What about a degree? Are you close to getting a degree?

Almost half way for an associate's degree. I am thinking of slowing down until fall due to finances. The company caps off tution reimbursement at $5200 per year. Since things are good at work I am in no hurry, I want to go on their money not mine.
But I do plan on finishing, I am too invested.

Almost half way for an associate's degree. I am thinking of slowing down until fall due to finances. The company caps off tution reimbursement at $5200 per year. Since things are good at work I am in no hurry, I want to go on their money not mine.
But I do plan on finishing, I am too invested.

If I may ask, what will your major be?

Hi Lisa, hope you are doing well. ♫

Hi there. *waves* I am doing ok. I've been so busy.

I took a test last night and I'm not sure how I did??? It was a written test and those are hard. I am just hoping I got, at least, a C on it. I know it's silly to be nervous about it now but I am.

I hope you are doing well too.

Lisa don't second guess yourself I am sure your doing fine What I tell my students your first thought on a test is usually correct go with you feelings on the answer...

After all of my whining I am headed back to class for a new quarter tonight. I planned on not even putting my books in the car when leaving for work this morning.
But I took them and my tools just in case, and after resolving a class scheduling issue on the phone, I will be there tonight.

Hi Lisa. I'm glad to hear you are doing well. I'm doing alright for the most part. Not much happening on my end.

After all of my whining I am headed back to class for a new quarter tonight. I planned on not even putting my books in the car when leaving for work this morning.
But I took them and my tools just in case, and after resolving a class scheduling issue on the phone, I will be there tonight.

YAY!!!!!!!! :partytimeHow cool is that? *clapping* We can both complain about our grades together. :laugh:

Hi Lisa. I'm glad to hear you are doing well. I'm doing alright for the most part. Not much happening on my end.

We had some really nice weather today though right? I doubt we'll have it 2 days in a row though.

Do you have to work this weekend? I do. 4 hours on Saturday afternoon and 1.5 hours on Sunday morning, I'm a home health aide.

Tonight, I have been working on a big project that is due on Sunday. The whole project is not due until week 8 but the first part is due Sunday night. It is frustrating, I didn't pick my role model until tonight. It was really hard to pick someone in my industry who was a role model. I finally picked Paul Allen, Co-founder of Microsoft.

Week 3 — Proposal (25 points)

• Write a brief overview of your project, including the leader you selected, your rationale for selecting this person, the research you have completed to date, and your plan for completing your research and project.
  • Note: Even if you are working on your project in a group, you must each complete your own proposal.

"I'm just an old lump of coal ,but I'm gonna be a diamond someday. "

Thursday a.m.:
Hi Lisa! Just looking through the patio door to the open area behind my house and watching the deer frolic. We tried to count them but the best we could come up with is sixteen, maybe more but no less. The young ones are running, chasing, playing and jumping, and some are simply grazing in my yard. Kind of interesting since we live in Raleigh. We are somewhat "isolated" as we are a sub-division consisting of 385 residences that are in Wake County and encircled by the Raleigh City limits yet are not considered part of the city of Raleigh. A scene such as this relieves any and all stress when you see Mother Nature at her best. The Bradford Pear trees are sprouting beautiful white blossoms that somehow managed to hang tough during the hard rains and last cold snap, the daffodils are blooming and waiting to be at their best on Easter Sunday.
We tend to overlook theses things at times and had you not asked us to say "hello", might not have stopped reading the sad news in print media and taken the time to look through the glass at things we see every day and so often fail to realize are there, and then, we stop .... and we say "hello," ... I hope everything is going well in your world and the world of those who visit here.

Back
Top Bottom