&^%$#@ computer

Bobw

Team Owner
My Dell mini tower just died, I knew it was coming and should transferred stuff over to my other 'puter

I can't find my Office cd so who has a recommendation for a open source word processing program? Free of course..

Another pet peeve is I don't use my printer very often so I bet I use more ink using the clean/align heads function than I do actually printing. I bought after market inks off Amazon, epic fail . Amazon did refund my money. I can buy a new printer, copier, scanner for not much more than the cost of 'genuine'' Epson cartridges. Not sure another Epson will be in my future.

My Dell mini tower just died, I knew it was coming and should transferred stuff over to my other 'puter

I can't find my Office cd so who has a recommendation for a open source word processing program? Free of course..

Another pet peeve is I don't use my printer very often so I bet I use more ink using the clean/align heads function than I do actually printing. I bought after market inks off Amazon, epic fail . Amazon did refund my money. I can buy a new printer, copier, scanner for not much more than the cost of 'genuine'' Epson cartridges. Not sure another Epson will be in my future.
I have Ubuntu and use LibreOffice:

https://www.libreoffice.org

It's also available for Windows. It's not bad, considering that it's free. Sometimes the formatting gets screwed up depending upon the format you save your files in. You can always use Google's G Suite instead, which is generally pretty good.

I don't like Epson printers at all - at least, not the all-in-ones that have a scanner built in. It's always a pain trying to get the scanner to work properly, at least in Windows 7.

Bob, OpenOffice is also very popular. I also concur that ink prices are redic.

Data can likely still get pulled from the hard drive. Find a local techie kid or ask the IT department where you work, I'm sure they are allowed to do side jobs. I just made $200 converting a teacher's family VHS tapes to DVD and jump drive. haha

Bob, OpenOffice is also very popular. I also concur that ink prices are redic.

Data can likely still get pulled from the hard drive. Find a local techie kid or ask the IT department where you work, I'm sure they are allowed to do side jobs. I just made $200 converting a teacher's family VHS tapes to DVD and jump drive. haha

WORK? What's that???? LOL!!! I'll ask my son to ask around at his work, otherwise there is a local tech place I'll look into.
Had a friend who was my computer guru, he went out to Vale to do some work, found a snow bunny and now has a couple of little snow bunnies. Says he's not coming back!

Thanks guys.

Last year I printed out our 1040's. Two sets one for them, one for us. Two letters. I use the scanner feature the most followed by the copier. Pita to put things on a thumb drive then go somewhere to print.
In a perfect world a color laser would be nice, can't justify the cost though.

These printer companies basically give you the printer so that they can rip you off on their ink product.

Saw a printer advertised for $44 in a Best Buy flyer,,,,, $110 with ink cartridges....

Back
Top Bottom