Congrats, Matt!

Matt did an outstanding job this year. Moving to a new team with all the ramifications of such a move and having a good chance to win it all, he deserves all the accolades he can get.

Matt is a class act. He showed what he's made of last week.
After running so bad at Phoenix, the first thing he said when they interviewed him was how proud he was of his team for how well they did this year. Not what I expected after the bad run they just had.

It would have been very easy for him to feel bad for what amounted to giving the championship away in that race, and who could have blamed him for being pissed at his team for their less than championship performance that day. But he was looking beyond that to what they were able to accomplish this year and actually praised them for being such a great team.

He's not a favorite driver, but he's hard not to like.
Congrats to Matt for a great season.

I didn't expect him and the 20 team to be able to accomplish all that they did this year. I thought both's best years were behind them and I am extremely happy for Matt and JGR. Talk about a career rejuvenated. Excited to see what the future holds for the group.

Congratulations Matt Kenseth, you gave Jimmie Johnson a helluva run, good for you.

Matt and Jimmie won about a third of the races this year. I didn't expect a new driver/crew chief combo to be so good right off the bat. I'm looking forward to seeing how Matt does next year.

Matt did an outstanding job this year. Moving to a new team with all the ramifications of such a move and having a good chance to win it all, he deserves all the accolades he can get.

I doubt Matt would want to drive any accolades (Cadillac's are GM products). ;)

He certainly made a statement this year and I hope he comes back with a vengeance next year.

Yes congrats Matt---------------------- JGR hired you to win a championship and you didnt get that done. Maybe 2014 will be a better year for you. Might be a bit tougher next year though cause mr Hamlin will be back in good form. Go back to Rousch, I liked you when you were over there :puffin:

Big CONGRATS to Kenseth on a very good 2013 and for bringing to JGR something they've been lacking since Stewart's departure - an actual title contender.

Bringing some class and maturity over from Roush didn't hurt either :)

Big CONGRATS to Kenseth on a very good 2013 and for bringing to JGR something they've been lacking since Stewart's departure - an actual title contender.

Bringing some class and maturity over from Roush didn't hurt either :)
:D

Congratulations to Kenseth he is a great driver a man among boys. Kyle and Denny should try to be as mentally strong it would serve them well.

They should give a Jr championship trophy to the best non Chevrolet points driver.

Congratulations to Kenseth he is a great driver a man among boys. Kyle and Denny should try to be as mentally strong it would serve them well.

Kyle won twice as many races for Gibbs then Matt did this year. Just think how many Kyle would win if he was "mentally strong" :laugh:

I watched Matt drive 2 races at phoenix a few weeks ago. Couldnt handle a Nationwide car and spent sunday racing the 47. I just dont get all the ruckus about the 20. The dude was blessed with some REALLY GOOD cup cars and won quite a few races. His JGR team mate finished the season 36 points behind. 36 points can be made or lost in 1 race

Nope still not impressed

Last edited by a moderator:
Kyle won twice as many races for Gibbs then Matt did this year. Just think how many Kyle would win if he was "mentally strong" :laugh:

I watched Matt drive 2 races at phoenix a few weeks ago. Couldnt handle a Nationwide car and spent sunday racing the 47. I just dont get all the ruckus about the 20. The dude was blessed with some REALLY GOOD cup cars and won quite a few races. His JGR team mate finished the season a few spots behind him in the standings.

Nope still not impressed

I think Kyle has a lot of talent and youth, and he is still improving, all postive stuff.

I also will agree that Phoenix was a deal breaker for Matt.

But do you think Kyles cup performance was as good as Matts this year, that is the big stage, and big sum imo.

The pendulum may change and the gravity of age will guarantee as much, but at the moment I have to believe Matt is the top dog at JGR.

I watched Matt drive 2 races at phoenix a few weeks ago. Couldnt handle a Nationwide car and spent sunday racing the 47. I just dont get all the ruckus about the 20. The dude was blessed with some REALLY GOOD cup cars and won quite a few races. His JGR team mate finished the season 36 points behind.

Nope still not impressed
Matt is a very under-rated driver. Perhaps, not so much after his performance this year.
I know it's coulda, shoulda, woulda, but I have to wonder what the points would've been after Homestead had Matt not suffered those mechanical DNF's. :idunno:

Re-read post # 14 Bobby :)

I think they were talking about giving Matt a little plastic "honorable mention" trophy

There is probably some scrap gold left over that dripped off the Chevy or sprint cup trophy that could be sprinkled on the plastic or toyota cup.

I think Kyle has a lot of talent and youth, and he is still improving, all postive stuff.

I also will agree that Phoenix was a deal breaker for Matt.

But do you think Kyles cup performance was as good as Matts this year, that is the big stage, and big sum imo.

The pendulum may change and the gravity of age will guarantee as much, but at the moment I have to believe Matt is the top dog at JGR.

The 36 point advantage means a little but damn little. 36 points after a whole season of racing isnt much. If I were mr Gibbs the younger driver that can win in anything would be the guy I would backing. Sure Matt did a great job this year but so did Kyle Busch. IMO

Matt is a very under-rated driver. Perhaps, not so much after his performance this year.
I know it's coulda, shoulda, woulda, but I have to wonder what the points would've been after Homestead had Matt not suffered those mechanical DNF's. :idunno:

All the Gibbs drivers suffered from engine problems at one point in the season. I dont remember how many Kyle toasted this year------------ at least 2

Back
Top Bottom