congrats to bill on the race but...

S

smack500

Congrats to bill on the race, but I dont think he is going to win the cup.

Probably not Smack........but does that take away from his awesome run today?:)

no but I had to say that before everyone starts up with the hype about bill being in contention for the cup because as everyone knows the last 4 years the person who wins at indy has gone on to win the cup

Originally posted by DE Wrangler 2
Probably not Smack........but does that take away from his awesome run today?:)

Absolutely NOT.

And another top 10 for Jeff too.

Points tightening up, gonna be a good head table in DEC.

Look, this year is tighter than ever for the points. If the Brickyard was going to be the call for the points champ, then why race the other 16 or so races. Still a long way to go, still anyone's game. But way to go Bill for 2 in a row!!1 :)

Well Bill is only 210 out, A points championship isnt gonna happen, but a top 5 is surely in his reach.

I don't think Bill Elliot is thinking about a points race at this moment. But why not..I am a huge fan of Elliot and Rusty, and it gives me hope each week one of them, maybe both of them come in the top 5. I think all fans hope for the best for their driver(s)! Don't you?

Why is the points championship out of the question? There are plenty of races left for Bill Elliott to catch up. How can anyone be so sure he won't when most people still think Tony Stewart has a shot, and he's behind Bill in points?

Don't get it... :bored:

You know I said that Bill has a top 5 team, but I dont think that A 2nd championship is out of their reach. I mean theyve got some great momentum heading into Watkins Glen. With the was hes running he might contend there too. At Sears Point he nearly won until being shoved off the track by J. Nadue. And after The Glen there are some Great tracks for Bill Coming right up. Michigan, Darlington, Dover, Kansas etc. I cant wait until Homestead to see what happens.

I think it will be decided before Homestead Awesome.........but I'm with you!! It ain't out of the question at all!!:)

In the past 6 races Bill has closed the gap to Sterling by 129 points and we have 15 races to go. Not out of the question at all.

Bill's problem is to win the championship he not only has to catch Sterling he has to pass Jimmie, Jeff, Mark and Rusty also. It is much easier if no is between you and the guy you're chasing.

Sterling is still the leader and probably come out of Watkins Glen, a major hurdle for him, with the points lead. Don't expect the team to lay down and give it away. Been hearing pretty much all season how he would never hold on to the lead, but so far....

The Glen Will be a stuggle for him though. He wont loose the points lead, but I am Positive He will get sucked in by Martin. I also think that Bill will continue to close the point lead after the Glen...As will most drivers. I just dont think Sterling is all that good On Road Courses.

It seems to me that back in 92 Alan Kulwicki was about 260 back in fourth or fifth with 6 or 8 races left and still pulled it off.

After Hearing that racer8...I think its anyones for the taking. If your 200 back with 8 races left, but you run well and get a top 5 and 10 in each race, chances are that you may very well be the winner of the cup. Whoever is the Best at the End will have the best chance at it.

I think Bill has a great chance at the cup. Heck, I still think it is possible for Harvick to finish 10th the way he has been running.

Sterling has been loosing ground to the people chasing him but the chasers haven't caught him, yet. Jimmie, Mark, Jeff, Rusty, Bill or Tony are still in the race for the cup. Matt Kenseth, Ricky Rudd and Kurt Busch also could catch him. It ain't over til' the fat lady sings at Homestead.

Back
Top Bottom