Congrats to Logano

Great win for the 22 team. They will be tough to beat the rest of the way. Penske has the restrictor plate program figured out.

IMO the Penske cars have been off the second half of the year and plate races mean nothing in terms of figuring out how a team will run at non plate tracks. Brian Scott, Almirola, Blaney, Stenhouse and Almendinger finished top 11 today.

IMO the Penske cars have been off the second half of the year and plate races mean nothing in terms of figuring out how a team will run at non plate tracks. Brian Scott, Almirola, Blaney, Stenhouse and Almendinger finished top 11 today.
Brad was top 5 in almost every 1st round race, was making his way to the front in the race he wrecked himself at, and dominated yesterday. I think Joey is probably coming into his own at the right time of the year.

Everything leading up to now is RnD.. refer to http://racing-forums.com/threads/what-we-all-knew-was-finally-said.55203/

Brad finished top 5 every race the first round.. and coming into this round Joey said at Charlotte he had a car that could win but blew a tire.. twice. Kansas finished 3rd and they clearly had the best program at Talladega between the two of em. Coming to a short track I'd put my money on Joey any time (not that I wouldnt always but he's good on the short tracks) He's always fast at Texas and Phoenix is another good one to finish second to Harvick in.. then it's a matter of executing at Homestead. Really I think with Brad out of it that will help Joey.

Ur absolutely right they didn't have the speed for most of the season but they're one of the teams that knows when they need to step it up and even better how to do it. Plus now with the 78 and 2 out of it just makes it that much better odds.

My final four prediction: 22, 48, 4, 18

Not sure why the knock on Ford and Penske....they only have TWO drivers vs JGRs FOUR. All 6 combined are easily in the Top 10 this year for drivers. Had it not been for a blown engine, Penske would be 2-2 in the TOP 8 while JGR would probably have 3-4 (not sure if Hamlin would have made it in had the 2 won the race and Joey finished Top 5).

Back
Top Bottom