Congratulations Matt Kenseth

I've been in business a long time and found out early on you really got to watch a Bible thumper close when dealing with them, they will do their best to gut you every time.
Amen Brother........ not all of them..... a very few are honest and sincere........ but....... the holier than thou ones are the ones you never take your eye off of......

Somebody offers Kenseth something he considers a top ride and he'll be back. If they don't .. he won't .. simple as that. I don't think the money is the biggest thing for Matt .. being able to be competitive tops that. He'd more than likely take the pay cut needed to stay in a top ride. I wish I knew who the offers were from. I would argue that Matt spent his last several years at Roush racing for a mediocre outfit, and still managed to win some races and compete well.
Of course after a few months hanging around the house with Katie and the 3 girls.... and a baby on the way......... He might consider taking over Derrick Cope's ride and pay them to let him race.........

has anyone given any consideration to the fact that the sponsors and car owner lost their respect for Matt in how he handled Joey. I have seen many posts saying just that. The new sponsor this year Circle, may have come on board because they were sold on the new driver.

has anyone given any consideration to the fact that the sponsors and car owner lost their respect for Matt in how he handled Joey.
Sponsors maybe but Kyle Busch has had his share of run ins and Gibbs has kept him around. As long as you're pulling in money, sponsorship and being competitive (some teams that doesn't even matter) most team owners don't care.

has anyone given any consideration to the fact that the sponsors and car owner lost their respect for Matt in how he handled Joey. I have seen many posts saying just that. The new sponsor this year Circle, may have come on board because they were sold on the new driver.

Really, the only people I see that still have an issue with that are Penske fans (understandably so). Which is ironic to me, considering that Brad would have put his own child in the wall to win when he was coming up through the ranks...

I don't think that incident with Joey had any impact on sponsorship. Dollar General didn't renew because they had a CEO change and decided to spend their advertising dollars elsewhere. Dewalt upped their sponsorship last year. CIrcle K, Sirius, and Tide all appeared on Matt's car after the incident. Tide had Matt do several internet commercials for them in the last year or so. I think the only people with an issue are the Penske fans and the France family.

Matt Kenseth won the cup but the way he did it and the way Nascar reacted to it made it look like he did something wrong. I believe the press dreaded to interview him for most of his career because he would either say nothing or make a snarky comment most of the time. Tony Stewart on the other hand would tear into the press but it was a story compared to a Matt interview. Every team he raced with he was overshadowed by other drivers. When most fans think of Matt, it is his winning the cup with only one win, and T boning Joey Logano. I am happy he posted a win in his last year. Matt was a good driver, and his record speaks for itself, but his personality is a bit odd for the mainstream Nascar fan IMO.

Matt Kenseth won the cup but the way he did it and the way Nascar reacted to it made it look like he did something wrong. I believe the press dreaded to interview him for most of his career because he would either say nothing or make a snarky comment most of the time. Tony Stewart on the other hand would tear into the press but it was a story compared to a Matt interview. Every team he raced with he was overshadowed by other drivers. When most fans think of Matt, it is his winning the cup with only one win, and T boning Joey Logano. I am happy he posted a win in his last year. Matt is a good driver, and his record speaks for itself, but his personality is a bit odd for the mainstream Nascar fan IMO.

I was a fan of his from the git go because of how he raced, he is and was a machine behind the wheel, constantly and calmly setting you up and passing you clean.:booya: He is one of the best all time drivers Nascar has ever had.

29645248_Unknown.JPG
Happy to see Matt get another win. Sad to see him go. Larson is my replacement driver, but I just don't have the same passion for him. When Larson's engine blew knocking him out of the chase I was like oh well. When Kenseth was knocked out I was sick to my stomach. Wishing the best for Matt in whatever he does next.

Been meaning to post on this thread since last sunday.

Obviously I'm an Dale Jr fan and come this Sunday he's gonna attract a lot of attention. With it being his last race, but I personally would like to take my hat off to Matt as well.

Jr. And Matt battled in the Busch series for years and then made the jump to cup together. Now looks like both leaving on the same day as well.

Matt's always been a tough competitor and a top driver.

Had some great wins including last week at Phoenix and a sport changing championship run (lol).

I know there's a few Kenseth fans on here...so from a Jr. Fan to you guys just want ytas to know I'll be thinking of both on Sunday.

DO2MkgtX4AA0PiM.jpg
DO2H6VVW0AEio85.jpg

Been meaning to post on this thread since last sunday.

Obviously I'm an Dale Jr fan and come this Sunday he's gonna attract a lot of attention. With it being his last race, but I personally would like to take my hat off to Matt as well.

Jr. And Matt battled in the Busch series for years and then made the jump to cup together. Now looks like both leaving on the same day as well.

Matt's always been a tough competitor and a top driver.

Had some great wins including last week at Phoenix and a sport changing championship run (lol).

I know there's a few Kenseth fans on here...so from a Jr. Fan to you guys just want ytas to know I'll be thinking of both on Sunday.

View attachment 30362 View attachment 30363
Right back at ya. :cheers:

Only difference is........ Jr. left on his own terms..... Matt..... Pious Joe gave him his walking papers because he was too expensive and expendable.....

Big difference there.......

Only difference is........ Jr. left on his own terms..... Matt..... Pious Joe gave him his walking papers because he was too expensive and expendable.....

Big difference there.......
Agreed 100%.
I get the same feeling from joe gibbs that i use to get from jack Roush.

Back
Top Bottom