Could DJ please get some karma.

N

N2racin44

My God. Could things look up for the team just a little? How about just a tiny bit of luck? Of the past 32 races at Pocono dating back to 1989. DJ has finished all 200 laps of the race 17 times. When DJ completes all 200 laps he has an avg finish of 4.64. In the spring race he has finished no worse then 3rd dating back to 1997. Please oh please can I have a happy satisfying Sunday???????

Hell I would be too scared to find out Kyles ratings for pocono

I think DJ has a chance at the win this weekend, he will pick things up...just watch...ever since he fired the Parrotts It has gone downhill!

I picked him to win! He always does well. I don't know if you wanted "karma" from a Gordon fan, but you should take what you can get! :p

I honestly think he had a chance at winning last week..until the engine blew. He was slowly moving towards the front. Gaining positions in the pits and on the track. I hope this is the first signs of a turn around. It's surely been a dreadful season...

It would be nice to see him have a decent qualifying run as well. Many of the problems this year could have been avoided had he started closer to the front.

I think it would be GREAT to see Jarrett win another race this season. He won at Rockingham, but it's been downhill since then. <_<

I hear a whole new rumor that Dale is gonna run one year for Jack,when Mark says goodbye,That is unless Jeff Burton walks into a deal with brother Ward at Woods. ^_^

DJ has had a steller year compared to Kyle!! So if any teams needs any good karma it is PE!!!

Originally posted by PettyBenson4510@Jun 5 2003, 10:40 PM
DJ has had a steller year compared to Kyle!! So if any teams needs any good karma it is PE!!!
thats the truth, maybe the second half will turn things around for them

I think his luck will turn around starting this weekend with a top 5 run and a good chance to win. The next race after Pocono is at Michigan, one of DJ's best tracks. Although he might not do good at Infineon, the next race after that is at Daytona, where he got a top 5 in the first race. As close as the points are from 10th to 27th right now, I think DJ will be in the top 15 after Daytona.

Originally posted by zevious@Jun 5 2003, 08:48 PM
It would be nice to see him have a decent qualifying run as well.
Does 7th qualify as a decent qualifying run??? ;)

SIGH. Looked like a decent car until something broke.... :eek:

Root for Jason Jarret,If you need to pull for a Jarret. Dale is focused on the boy right now. ^_^

DJ is having the same season that Bobby Labonte had last year. They are off the pace or just can't catch a break. He's a great driver, but I wonder how he's doing psychologically.

Also I'm not so sure how secure his place is in the Yates Organization. They have been quick on the draw yo replace drivers in the past. They have already built cars, made multiple crew chief changes, changed people on the crew; and so far nothing has clicked in the #88 car.

Next step for Yates might be a driver change, but I hope not!!!!

Originally posted by edison18@Jun 8 2003, 04:59 PM

Man, thats almost unthinkable. I'm not a Jarett fan but that team was built for him.

That entire Yates organization needs a turn around. They need to just stick it out. They will.

I'd like to see Robert do a team switch and see if that changes anything.. B)

Originally posted by edison18@Jun 8 2003, 05:59 PM

Also I'm not so sure how secure his place is in the Yates Organization. They have been quick on the draw yo replace drivers in the past.
Actually that has never been the case with Robert. I have been following him and his teams since he came onto the Winston Cup scene and he has always put a lot of thought and time into driver changes. I dont think that either Yates driver this season has anything to worry about.

I think this is one of those rare seasons where the team is being hit by everything except Lady Luck. Robert has been through it before and so has DJ. They will be all the better for it in the long run.

Dont give up so easily on them, there is a light at end of every tunnel!

Kel

Originally posted by edison18@Jun 8 2003, 04:59 PM
That would never happen. Period. End of Story. DJ has brought the following to RYR since joining 8 years ago:

27 wins,
1 championship,
$33 million dollars in prize money

He is secure with his ride and contract through 2007 which by all counts he will wrap up his career at that time. Think of names like Terry Labonte, Bill Elliott, Mark Martin, all of which are pretty much gauranteed a ride with their owners until they are ready to retire. I can understand if DJ was 30 something but I for sure am not worried about him losing his ride. Leaving RYR is another thing completely but I do not see that happening either.

Teams occasionally go through down times. It's the down times that will make a team stronger.

Don't count DJ out by any means. He may not be on top this year, but he'll come back.

Back
Top Bottom