crew guys STAY OUT OF FIGHTS!!

hidesert cowboy

Team Owner
I am so sick of crew guys swarming a situation that involves decisions made by drivers on the track, coming in and trying to break up fights. This should be something the nascar officials do if anyone. Over the years we have had crew guys come in and escalate things dramatically. I think everyone needs to just back off and let these drivers handle things themselves. Its getting rediculous. I have no love for Hamlin but he was yanked to the ground in a way I think was BS

Sounds good until a crew member lets someone beat the sheit out of his driver.
It is a damn if you do, damn if you dont.
It is a big crowd and you ain't going to get a one on one.
You would have a better chance at that with a booking an private fight appointment.

The only suitable alternative is letting the wives fight it out while wearing the tare away yoga leotards.

I am so sick of crew guys swarming a situation that involves decisions made by drivers on the track, coming in and trying to break up fights. This should be something the nascar officials do if anyone. Over the years we have had crew guys come in and escalate things dramatically. I think everyone needs to just back off and let these drivers handle things themselves. Its getting rediculous. I have no love for Hamlin but he was yanked to the ground in a way I think was BS
Nah,they are there to protect the investment but they dont need to be grabbing or tossing someone elses investment. The penalty this weekend is the right call. Just step in front and break it up, those are some cornbread eatin boys, no driver wants any part of them.

That's not as easy as it sounds. Nascar is a team sport. The crew members work hard and have just as much passion as the drivers and usually have the same opinion.
I would rather see nascar fine drivers or crew members then in force a stay away rule. I don't want to see a brawl I just like to see the crews have their drivers back.

The only suitable alternative is letting the wives fight it out while wearing the tare away yoga leotards.
1847312786.gif

Sometimes fans can get a little to concerned about what goes on between team members and drivers. The bottom line is a fan is entitled to buy tickets for a seat, concessions, and race teams merchandise if they choose...or not if they choose...but they have no right to get involved with what goes on between team members or drivers.

If the crew members stay out of fights we’ll suffer through hug-fests & shoving matches for all eternity.

My vote goes towards Hell In A Cell.

On Dale Jr Download this week they discussed it. Crew members have always been part of it, especially when it happens on pit road after a race and they are all there. I think the idea of drivers fighting it out is more myth; it might have happened in the early days of the sport but once drivers became part of a team the team would stick together. And the team doesn't want anything bad to happen to their driver.

Reminds me of baseball, where a pitcher and batter have words.........then the benches are cleared. But all this focus on fights is crazy. It has become the fights and wrecks are what are in commericials and in headlines anymore. Even in the Xfinity race at Kansas, the focus was on the Custer/Reddick skirmish with a first time winner getting little attention. The media are making the fights and wrecks the attraction, not the race itself. It's disheartening to say the least.

Best chance for 1 on 1 is away from pit road (Gordon Burton push)...or you need to be lightning fast creative getting to the other driver before anyone gets there (Bowyer Newman flurry)...Kenseth running up behind BK at the motorhome. There's ways to get it in if you really want to...problem is usually 1 of them doesn't really want to fight or they take their sweet ass time waiting too long.

Crew members should never being initiating a take down on a driver, seriously wtf at that horsecollar take down of Hamlin, the guy is lucky he didn't do any damage to him. It's driver on driver, or crew on crew if they want to get involved, there's a large difference between stepping in front to prevent an altercation or pulling someone off of someone getting their head smashed in. God forbid your driver handles his business and gets punched in the nose, the risk of more serious injury type of damage is when it becomes a larger scuffle with the crew involved. So with that, I do agree, the crew should not be immediately jumping in because they think this is their moment.

Personally, I'd rather see great racing with it settled on the track.

Been watching the Hamlin disappearing act for entertainment the past few days -- and it appears that the Tire Guy was triggered when Denny aggressively (NASCAR's buzzword) kept going into Todd Gordon.

That hefty Penske crew member with the blue collar toss was probably the most athletic move all weekend, not to mention that he quickly gained top mount on the guy that jumped on him after he tossed the purple driver.

Gossage needs the cattle chute running into a driver corral to focus post-race energy for both driver conflict and interviews. It's not a good look for worn out drivers to be so easily manhandled by crew.

From the Internets....

One hasn't lived until they've splashed with their internet waterbottle ;), the crews seem okay with the live splashing, this may be the solution to resolve all disputes if driver's can book their water bottle splashing appointments in advance via their digital dash.

These crew guys have a lot at stake with the championship bonuses that they could lose if there driver gets hurt in a fight and can't drive.

Back
Top Bottom