Cup banquet moving to Nashville

Discussion in 'NASCAR chat' started by MRM, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Charlie Spencer

Charlie Spencer Short tracks and road courses rule.

How much of Nashville are they going to see? Regardless of the city, do the teams hang around before and after, or do they fly in that morning, change in the same hotel as the banquet, and fly home the next morning? Unlike NYC or LV, Music City is a short enough flight that you wouldn't really need to get there a day early to rest up. Seems to me if they had any interest in seeing Nashville, they'd have done it long before now. Just me.

I gotta get up there and ride that train one day. I work for a company that made and installed the control systems for it (and a lot of other urban mass transit systems) and yet have never been on one.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
    Thegeneral23 likes this.
  2. Thegeneral23

Thegeneral23 Team Owner

Why not after 8 lol?? And ur right it’s to compact up there. Streets should have been wider and parking does suck

3. Thegeneral23

Thegeneral23 Team Owner

Come ride it .. I’m moving right in front of the train station..

4. sdj

sdj Just a race fan

Nashville will be a great place to have the NASCAR Awards program, I can only hope they have it at the:
    Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center

I have stayed there numerous times and it is a great venue and great place to stay. But that is JMHO. :D

Spotter22 likes this.
  5. AdoubleU24

AdoubleU24 Team Owner

Very meh. As a fan who once had an interest in attending this some day, there's no comparison in Vegas and Nashville. One has endless options of things to do and actually makes an event feel special. The other, well...

6. sdj

sdj Just a race fan

I think Charlotte is a nice place to be from.:D (lets see how many millennial's get this)

Johali likes this.
  7. Johali

Johali Team Owner Contributor

Yup.

sdj likes this.
  8. Charlie Spencer

The other, well, it's in the middle of the freakin' desert!

9. Charlie Spencer

Well, this Boomer didn't, but I'm out of touch with the pop culture of my own generation.

10. Thegeneral23

Thegeneral23 Team Owner

Guess they are making fun of it . I’m not from Charlotte though so I’m confused

11. Spotter22

Spotter22 Team Owner

Have you ridden the CAT? A lot of the stops are in shady areas. Thats why not after 8

12. Spotter22

Spotter22 Team Owner

For Nashville, I was actually on a Late Model team that won the Atlantic Seaboard Championship and NASCAR took us all around town for different activities and events. Our Awards Ceromony was at the Opryland Hotel and it was Amazing. We came in two nights before and stayed till the day after the awards show. They had suites set up by all the major sponsors and we got to meet all the Executives from those Companies and were given gifts and lots of product lol. Nobody was interested in flying in and leaving that night. NASCAR does it right, you feel like a king and want to experience it all.

ToyYoda and Charlie Spencer like this.
  13. Spotter22

Spotter22 Team Owner

Nashville is great

ToyYoda likes this.
  14. Spotter22

Spotter22 Team Owner

You on South BLVD?

15. mack

mack Team Owner

I never watch awards shows. One big, gigantic mutual admiration gathering and tons of butt kissing . The only way I'd watch the NASCAR awards banquet would be if it were held in Brian France' garage and he was the mc. Loads of alcohol, no tuxedos, David Allen Coe as the musical entertainment and Ron White providing comedic relief. And every top ten driver gets to air out his beefs with NASCAR and other drivers. A redneck throwdown. After it's over, everybody goes to the Waffle House for breakfast around 4:00 AM. And the cops have to be called to said Waffle House, because Harvick and Shrub tie up in a brawl. Now that's a party to watch.

carolinabuff and Spotter22 like this.
  16. AuzGrams

AuzGrams Team Owner

IDK just me but Las Vegas or NYC still make the most sense. Nashville is a decent city with some things to do for sure, just not on the level of those two.

17. Thegeneral23

Thegeneral23 Team Owner

Yes ride it all the time lol... it’s not bad man

18. Thegeneral23

Thegeneral23 Team Owner

NODA