Toyota / Save Mart 350​

Sunday, June 12, 2021​

Sonoma Raceway​

Time: 4:00pm/et​

TV:1654518483832.jpeg Radio:1654518625042.png

Stages: 25/55/80 = 110 laps
2.50 mile 12 turn multiple elevation road course

First Cup Race: 1989
All Time Cup Wins: Jeff Gordon (5) Most Current Cup Wins: Martin Truex Jr (3)
The NASCAR Cup Series makes its annual stop to Sonoma Raceway in Sonoma, California for its only Cup Points Race this year to battle the 12 turn multiple elevation road course located in the beautiful hillside of Sonoma . As summer begins and the Fox Broadcast portion of the 2022 season ends, jockeying for ever precious playoff positions and playoff points becomes paramount. Who will taste the sweet victory of Wine Country and secure momentum as the 2nd half of the 2022 season begins?

Oh, I see how this works. Someone else starts the discussion correctly before I have a chance to screw it up. I'm taking my ball and going home...

*sniffle*
Nah he does his own job of screwing it up. Nobody knows what the toyota save mart B.S. is lol.

the toyota save mart
Toyota Save Mart is where @Revman gets all his groceries. Or maybe cars? I dunno for sure; we don't have them in SC. Save Marts, that is; we have groceries and Toyotas, although you can't get both of them at the same place. Well, not usually, although you can often get fried chicken and DVR rentals at the bait shop. Or maybe it's movies and bait at the chicken joint?

What was my point?

Toyota Save Mart is where @Revman gets all his groceries. Or maybe cars? I dunno for sure; we don't have them in SC. Save Marts, that is; we have groceries and Toyotas, although you can't get both of them at the same place. Well, not usually, although you can often get fried chicken and DVR rentals at the bait shop. Or maybe it's movies and bait at the chicken joint?

What was my point?
None around here either. Going around asking people hey, are you going to the toyota save mart 350? nah I'm not buying one of those lectric 350 cars.

Pretty sure the boot no boot convo will be a hit this year. I'm more interested in a boring topic but interesting to me and that is how is this car going to race at SONOMA. Nobody knows for sure. The Texas Grand Prix was one of the best road races I have ever seen between Chastain, A.J. and Bowman. It will be a hard act to follow but I think it is going to happen.

Oh, I see how this works. Someone else starts the discussion correctly before I have a chance to screw it up. I'm taking my ball and going home...

*sniffle*
Nah he does his own job of screwing it up. Nobody knows what the toyota save mart B.S. is lol.
Did I screw up the pre race? I hope thats not the case. I'm missing pieces of this convo it looks like

Since its been almost an hour, Im guessing your post of "he does his own job of screwing it up" was meant for me. The Toyota Save Mart 350 is the name of the race. Maybe I am dense but I cant find the confusion here when the actual name of this race is on the track website ( https://www.sonomaraceway.com/events/toyota-save-mart-350/ ) Probably should have put the name of the race @Sonoma on the Thread Title so others could figure that out, whoops on me but yeah apologies for the confusion.....didnt think there'd be any.

We're just pickin'. Ya done good.
Im not upset I was confused as to why there was confusion. The thread title is a bity wordy, I'll give you that. It was my first thread for pre race since last year's Championship Race...a bit rusty.

Im not upset I was confused as to why there was confusion. The thread title is a bity wordy, I'll give you that. It was my first thread for pre race since last year's Championship Race...a bit rusty.
forgot you need a thick skin to post? We were kidding. Trucks, young kids on a road course :punkrocke

forgot you need a thick skin to post? We were kidding. Trucks, young kids on a road course :punkrocke

It may appear so, I just wanted to be in on a joke. I love a good joke, even when its at my own expense.

According to Bob Pockrass NASCAR removed the turn 4 rumble strips- thats the turn where they'd go right over the curbing onto the pavement and the illusion that they'd always hit the wall. This was out of concerns of damaging the car.

Kinda wish they kept it forcing the drivers to choose to either go over it for the speed or stay off of it and go slower but protect the car.

What was my point?
I figured it out. Its a Save Mart that is turned into one of those drive through convenience stores but only for Toyotas. Located on the dark side of the moon.

According to Bob Pockrass NASCAR removed the turn 4 rumble strips- thats the turn where they'd go right over the curbing onto the pavement and the illusion that they'd always hit the wall. This was out of concerns of damaging the car.

Kinda wish they kept it forcing the drivers to choose to either go over it for the speed or stay off of it and go slower but protect the car.
I thought they tried to straddle it

That argument went on for years, it still might be going on.
I understand why they black flagged him, but (and I'm honestly curious since I was just a kid), but how many other times should they have black flagged someone like Dale Sr then if they were consistent back then?

I understand why they black flagged him, but (and I'm honestly curious since I was just a kid), but how many other times should they have black flagged someone like Dale Sr then if they were consistent back then?
and here we go lol. I learned a long time ago that Nascar's inconsistancy is it's consistancy.

and here we go lol. I learned a long time ago that Nascar's inconsistancy is it's consistancy.
Oh, I agree on the inconsistencies. Just asking because I could have missed something there since most of my "memories" from back then come from rewatching old races etc. I used to love race replays on ESPN Classic growing up.

They were never very consistent, but it happened more often than you think. The '95 Bristol night race comes to mind. Dale got penalized for bumping Rusty, and Bobby Hamilton got penalized for bumping Brett Bodine. Both of these penalties came fairly early in the race though

I think it is the reason Nascar never calls anything unless it is breaking one of their rules, is because they would be in the race penalty calling business instead of the racing business. Every time something happened a bit off on the track everybody would be waiting for Nascar to make the call or not. It would turn into a Nascar calls it race instead of a race. Judgement panel calls on penalties, setbacks, non calls, what a freaking mess.

Back
Top Bottom