Cup Pre Race: Save Mart Toyota 350

I think it is the reason Nascar never calls anything unless it is breaking one of their rules, is because they would be in the race penalty calling business instead of the racing business. Every time something happened a bit off on the track everybody would be waiting for Nascar to make the call or not. It would turn into a Nascar calls it race instead of a race. Judgement panel calls on penalties, setbacks, non calls, what a freaking mess.
I agree and this is probably one of the most unusual cases.
Nascar usually wants to or tries to ensure that the first car to the checkers is the winner, with as little confusion as possibile for the fans.

Nobobdy can read minds or know exactly what's said in closed door meetings. But I am thinking they decided later not to do this kind of thing again, the white or yellow line penalties at the RP tracks are the only other exceptions that I can recall.

I agree and this is probably one of the most unusual cases.
Nascar usually wants to or tries to ensure that the first car to the checkers is the winner, with as little confusion as possibile for the fans.

Nobobdy can read minds or know exactly what's said in closed door meetings. But I am thinking they decided later not to do this kind of thing again, the white or yellow line penalties at the RP tracks are the only other exceptions that I can recall.
The procedure seems to be when something gets out of hand on the track those involved get a trip to the trailer and that keeps most of it out of the press and inquiring minds. I think that is a good system. Elliott and Harvick last year I think was the last time for the trailer talk and their deal was all over after that.

I think it is the reason Nascar never calls anything unless it is breaking one of their rules, is because they would be in the race penalty calling business instead of the racing business. Every time something happened a bit off on the track everybody would be waiting for Nascar to make the call or not. It would turn into a Nascar calls it race instead of a race. Judgement panel calls on penalties, setbacks, non calls, what a freaking mess.

Yeah, there's already enough judgment calls regarding cautions and all that. I don't want NASCAR to black flag for rough driving unless it's something blatant, like Busch vs. Hornaday, Gordon vs. Bowyer, Kenseth vs. Logano, etc. Rudd and the 5 team got totally screwed. I'm glad to see "boys have at it" nowadays compared to that BS.

That's one thing I really like about modern day NASCAR is that it's not over officiated like pretty much every other sport/motorsport.

That's one thing I really like about modern day NASCAR is that it's not over officiated like pretty much every other sport/motorsport.
I don't mind rough driving calls in other forms of racing. The expectation has long been that it will get your knuckles whacked. The drivers (and the fans) know it's coming, so they try to avoid doing it. It goes back to consistency.

I don't mind rough driving calls in other forms of racing. The expectation has long been that it will get your knuckles whacked. The drivers (and the fans) know it's coming, so they try to avoid doing it. It goes back to consistency.
They don't seem to be doing a very good job IMO. The race threads on those series sounds like there is a room full of would be hall monitors bowing to the almighty "race control". Hey that works if it floats your boat.

There was another incident in whatever the West Series was called back in 2009, Joey Logano was leading into the hairpin on the last lap and took a weird defensive line, Patrick Long in second got into him a little and Joey spun. Long won but then got shuffled to the back of the lead lap for the incident. Probably the only really modern penalty scenario similar to those that I remember away from a superspeedway.

Sonoma Logano
1654727558129.png

Not sure if it's a bit premature, but I think Logano could be creeping on in as an early championship favorite.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Interestingly enough.... there is a 15-25% chance of rain Sunday at Sonoma. In June, there is usually only a single day of recorded precipitation in Sonoma, CA.

Interestingly enough.... there is a 15-25% chance of rain Sunday at Sonoma. In June, there is usually only a single day of recorded precipitation in Sonoma, CA.
Sonoma in the rain would be crazy

It's one of my favorite tracks on the Cup schedule:idunno:
It would also be a nice throwback to the 500 mile race the Cup series used to run at Riverside. A real endurance race, would love to see it.
we would walk around to all the corners and watch at each one.loved that track. d waltrip can though a guard rail and right up to the fence.he said sorry.

In a drought? Maybe want a break from the hot, dry days you have in the desert areas of the country? Well, just schedule a NASCAR race. Guaranteed to bring relief!

In a drought? Maybe want a break from the hot, dry days you have in the desert areas of the country? Well, just schedule a NASCAR race. Guaranteed to bring relief!

Gotta get them to race around the Salt Flats of Utah get some rain going here!!!

I know it’s a Ricky Hendrick thing but that paint scheme on the 5 is awful with the new number placement. The blue 5 being right up against the blue design at the front just looks cluttered and ugly.
Idk I love the colors just an iconic scheme

Oh joy Brett's gonna be political on DBC now...

I'm just glad I don't know who Brett is. I listened to about 5 minutes of DBC and that was enough for me.

Well the damn ticker had Chase ahead by 2 tenths but that thing has been terrible all season

Back
Top Bottom