Cup race in Eldora's future?

Ha yea right. Who wants to watch that? We already have exciting racing at great tracks like Kansas, Kentucky, Loudon, and Indy
-brian france

I don't think the teams would be interested in designing a dirt track car. In the early days NASCAR was moving racing from dirt to paved tracks - no reason to go back to their roots. Leave the dirt track racing to the small local tracks.

I don't think the teams would be interested in designing a dirt track car. In the early days NASCAR was moving racing from dirt to paved tracks - no reason to go back to their roots. Leave the dirt track racing to the small local tracks.
I don't worry too much about the teams being interested or not. If it should ever get thrown on the schedule, they'll get interested real quick. The trucks put on a great show for the fans at that track. Should the Cup ranks ever make the trek to Eldora, I'll be first in line for tickets just like when the trucks came. Who's with me? How about you @Johali?

I don't worry too much about the teams being interested or not. If it should ever get thrown on the schedule, they'll get interested real quick. The trucks put on a great show for the fans at that track. Should the Cup ranks ever make the trek to Eldora, I'll be first in line for tickets just like when the trucks came. Who's with me? How about you @Johali?
Yep. See ya there for sure. Probably in the same spot. :D

Problem is upgrading it for 40 haulers, and 40 pits. I know the pit sequences take forever here because the structure just isn't there

Problem is upgrading it for 40 haulers, and 40 pits. I know the pit sequences take forever here because the structure just isn't there
I doubt they'll ever run a cup race there but if they did I would imagine they would run it like the trucks. Heats, red flag pit stops, haulers outside the track, everything.

I think I'd rather see Xfinity at Eldora before Cup and my reasoning is Xfinity needs something to differentiate itself further from Cup as it needs more stand alone races. I think I'd rather see Cup run at Gateway, Iowa, or Road America before Eldora.

I don't think I want to see the Cup cars on dirt. When I watch dirt I want it to be different, I want to see something that I recognize as racing on dirt. I just do not correlate the Cup series as a dirt series and to see those cars on dirt would be ridiculous to me. Now, if they would like to allow the teams to build Dirt Late Models and use those for that specific race.......I would be into that. In fact, I think it would be cool to see the cup guys race in numerous styles of cars. Dirt Late Models, Dirt Modifieds, Cup cars, Trucks etc......that would be a helluva series.

I dont really want to see them race on dirt, let the Trucks have this one.

it would be a great race
they could broacast it on FBN
and nobody would watch it
thats ok
just add more commecials

If it comes to the cup series, make it a non points paying event.

Another click-bait title full of unsupported speculation.

Was it just me or was the crowd on TV last night smaller than last year (again)?
The title of the article is a question - which is meant to invite speculation. Get real.

Another click-bait title full of unsupported speculation.

Was it just me or was the crowd on TV last night smaller than last year (again)?
This board is probably pushing 90%+ speculation. My thread's no different.

And, yes, probably less fans. That's a growing trend with all the races. I posted a couple weeks ago on another thread that when I looked at the reservation system for Eldora's Truck race, I saw more than normal vacant RV sites. Starting with the 2nd truck race @ Eldora attendance dropped. The first year there was barely a RV site to be found on the property. The second year there were plenty. I quit going after that.

The infield there holds more than 40 haulers when they have their biggest late model races there. Sure, the pits would be a different thing. But I like the truck race at Eldora because it takes the crews out of the equation. Harvick is actually for that in all series regardless of track, let the drivers decide it.

This board is probably pushing 90%+ speculation. My thread's no different.

And, yes, probably less fans. That's a growing trend with all the races. I posted a couple weeks ago on another thread that when I looked at the reservation system for Eldora's Truck race, I saw more than normal vacant RV sites. Starting with the 2nd truck race @ Eldora attendance dropped. The first year there was barely a RV site to be found on the property. The second year there were plenty. I quit going after that.

Well I think you're seeing more fans on the hillsides, why sit on the bleachers on the ends for $40 when you can bring your own lawn chair and sit on the hill sides for $36. Much more comfortable.

I will say this does deserve consideration because the product is awesome, that track really delivers terrific racing action

Well I think you're seeing more fans on the hillsides, why sit on the bleachers on the ends for $40 when you can bring your own lawn chair and sit on the hill sides for $36. Much more comfortable.

I will say this does deserve consideration because the product is awesome, that track really delivers terrific racing action
That's where I sat the 1st two Truck races there. Just outside the turn #3-#4 end. I was talking about the camping area. Far less RV'ers translates to less fans no matter how you look at it.

That kick ball (football) stuff is going crazy to hear the networks tell it, streaming numbers have sky rocked, they say U.S. numbers are real good because of the ever growing Hispanic population. Might be the latest me too popular sport. Only one that apparently is growing every year.

That's where I sat the 1st two Truck races there. Just outside the turn #3-#4 end. I was talking about the camping area. Far less RV'ers translates to less fans no matter how you look at it.
And I was in the next seat to the port side. :cool:

FS-2 so many people didn't get to see any of the qualifying, I bet a lot of them said the heck with it. I found a stream out of England and it was a bit buffery to say the least.

You can't blame FOX for moving around what they knew would be a very low rated program something that is up and coming in many households. Instead of complaining be grateful that the race was shown on a channel like FBN. Wasn't the race on Fox Sports Go?

Back
Top Bottom