Cup RACE thread --- Atlanta

I talked smack about Blaney, saying he was underperforming in relative to his equipment. He comes out & wins a race. Good job.

Like we said of Larson at Vegas, this was the best race Blaney has ever run.

All too often we've seen solid runs be messed up by team decisions and wrecks. He ran a flawless race in p2 the entire day. And was the best driver in the field when it really counted.

I think this is big for him. Best race of his career.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

First... congratulations to all of the Blaney fans he had a fast car and he capitalized with it and he beat the 5 car fair and square. That was cool seeing him give the flag to the young whipper snapper. Not a bad day for HMS with the 5, and 48 finishing in the top five and the 24 in the top ten. :cool:

Time to move this circus on to Bristol...where the dirt is fresh and packed hard. It has been a while since I was so excited for a race to start.:D

It was kind of like the same thing that happened in Phoenix. Larson had a really fast car all day until the last pit stop and what ever changes they made the car got worse. Larson didn't have a car to hold off Blaney even if Logano would have slowed him down for 2 laps. There was still plenty of time left for him to catch Blaney again but he just didn't have a good enough car at that point. Larson did all he could with what he had at the finish. If they get just a little better at following track changes they are going to be unbeatable unless everyone else does too. Now it is time to go get a KFC $20.00 fill up.:)

This is a much needed good race for Blaney.

Way better than everyone else outside of Larson. No errors, solid too 3 run. Not a win, but a flawlessly executed p2 is good.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Hmmm, great how that turned out

The younger generation of Cup drivers are showing up and showing out this year. I remember last season when people like Blaney were having really good runs, only for a usual suspect to steal it away towards the end. We haven’t really been seeing that happen this time around and I think that is what is adding to the building hype race-to-race. I love to see it. Way to go Blaney! Another different winner!

Back
Top Bottom