Cup RACE thread --- Atlanta

This race had its moments...part of it wanted to put me to sleep, part junkyard....

BUT

last few laps were hard AF racing. fun to watch!

This race had its moments...part of it wanted to put me to sleep, part junkyard....

BUT

last few laps were hard AF racing. fun to watch!
This race played the way it did because of the drivers. The exciting part of the race when they went 3 wide and made great moves could have taken place the entire race but the problem is you have some that dont respect other drivers so the trust factor comes in to play. Thats when you get the single file stuff, its not the car, its not the track its the lack of trust between drivers so instead of getting a full race of excitement they play it safe until its time to make a move like the end of a stage or the end of the race. Brad alluded to this after the race and he is 100% correct that they could race like that all day if they all acted like professionals and didnt make bonehead moves. So if "blame"is to be placed on anyone its the ones that hold the steering wheel.

This race played the way it did because of the drivers. The exciting part of the race when they went 3 wide and made great moves could have taken place the entire race but the problem is you have some that dont respect other drivers so the trust factor comes in to play. Thats when you get the single file stuff, its not the car, its not the track its the lack of trust between drivers so instead of getting a full race of excitement they play it safe until its time to make a move like the end of a stage or the end of the race. Brad alluded to this after the race and he is 100% correct that they could race like that all day if they all acted like professionals and didnt make bonehead moves. So if "blame"is to be placed on anyone its the ones that hold the steering wheel.

If I could like this post a million times I would. 150% agree.

And btw you were basically bang on with your deegan prediction of a top 10.
"12th"

Why run three wide with a hundred laps to go? It's not smart if you want to survive until the end of the race. The same with running two wide, it's a risky move. It can't be helped on restarts . Save all of that until the third stage if possible unless you can advance your spot closer to the front. That's when most of the moves are made in the third stage.

Why run three wide with a hundred laps to go? It's not smart if you want to survive until the end of the race. The same with running two wide, it's a risky move. It can't be helped on restarts . Save all of that until the third stage if possible unless you can advance your spot closer to the front. That's when most of the moves are made in the third stage.
Of course you wouldnt run 3 wide, thats usually when you get put in that position but there is no reason why you should ride single file when you HAVE THE ABILITY to pass or make a run. Racers want to race and at this level you should be able to trust the people you race with.

If I could like this post a million times I would. 150% agree.

And btw you were basically bang on with your deegan prediction of a top 10.
"12th"
I thought she would run better. I was disappointed with her finish but at least she got to roll it on the lift gate without help.

There isn't any rhyme or reason for two lane racing on the Super Jr. in the early stages of the race except on restarts or happenstance. Some races are mostly single file with little passing until the end, others are two lane racing all the way, and most races are combinations of the two. It's totally random

Should I care when they’re going to run 27th?
Button and Taylor have extensive sports car experience. Both have been working with Johnson on the G56 project, logging dozens / hundreds of hours over the last several months That car approximates a NextGen model for LeMans, so some of what they've learned about it will apply to a Cup car. With those backgrounds recent experience, and interacting with JJ, I suspect they'll do much better than 27th.

I admit to also having no clue who Steiner is.

Button and Taylor have extensive sports car experience. Both have been working with Johnson on the G56 project, logging dozens / hundreds of hours over the last several months That car approximates a NextGen model for LeMans, so some of what they've learned about it will apply to a Cup car. With those backgrounds recent experience, and interacting with JJ, I suspect they'll do much better than 27th.

I can't remember which one it is, maybe Button that said driving in a Nascar which isn't that close to the garage Lemans car for his first Nascar race and thinking he was going to win against the competition he's facing isn't realistic. I get that. I just like to see guys from other series compete. It's for fun IMO, something different. I see no reason to disrespect these guys.

There isn't any rhyme or reason for two lane racing on the Super Jr. in the early stages of the race except on restarts or happenstance. Some races are mostly single file with little passing until the end, others are two lane racing all the way, and most races are combinations of the two. It's totally random
I'm sticking with what I know

he the head of the Haas f1 team

Name the best driver. You have a very small handful to even choose from.
Larson and KB are more talented.

But Logano is absolutely the best in the business right now. There's no one better.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Never heard of him myself either. I hope he is understandable.
Before he joined Haas Günther was the technical director of the Red Bull NASCAR Cup team.
He has been living in Mooresville for 17 years and holds both Italian and American citizenship .
But having someone without an Anglo-American name in the booth is obviously the end of the universe :rolleyes:

Before he joined Haas Günther was the technical director of the Red Bull NASCAR Cup team.
He has been living in Mooresville for 17 years and holds both Italian and American citizenship .
But having someone without an Anglo-American name in the booth is obviously the end of the universe :rolleyes:
All those credentials are well and good. But my concern was never hearing the guy speak who is supposed to be communicating to a very large audience on race day is if he can with all of this vast knowledge be understood. You haven't answered that.
Jackie Stewart was a great very knowledgeable race car driver, but when he got excited when announcing, I couldn't understand a word he said.

All those credentials are well and good. But my concern was never hearing the guy speak who is supposed to be communicating to a very large audience on race day is if he can with all of this vast knowledge be understood. You haven't answered that.
Jackie Stewart was a great very knowledgeable race car driver, but when he got excited when announcing, I couldn't understand a word he said.
He'll be fine it's not like he's leading the broadcast. Have you traveled around the US much? I find him no harder to understand than the different dialects we have across this country.

He'll be fine it's not like he's leading the broadcast. Have you traveled around the US much? I find him no harder to understand than the different dialects we have across this country.

I've been around in the U.S. and Mexico more than yourself I would imagine. I have no idea what that has to do with anything though. Thanks for the clip, first time I have seen or heard the guy.

I've been around in the U.S. and Mexico more than yourself I would imagine. I have no idea what that has to do with anything though. Thanks for the clip, first time I have seen or heard the guy.
Ok? Well on average I spend about 200 days a year on the road traveling and dealing with people of all nationalities at plants (many of them English is not their 1st language). That's why I made the comment he's no harder to understand than the the people we find across the US.

Ok? Well on average I spend about 200 days a year on the road traveling and dealing with people of all nationalities at plants (many of them English is not their 1st language). That's why I made the comment he's no harder to understand than the the people we find across the US.
Once again, I said I didn't know who he is, never saw or heard the man. You continue to assume that I have. Time for you to move on.

It's Texas, all Guenther needs to do is tell everyone there that all his friends call him "Gun" for short and thats what he prefers to be called. That's when everone will bond with the most sincere spiritual ellowship.

Even in Austin and especially in Austin because they don't have any of the cross town fueds like they have between Dallas and Fort Wart.

It's Texas, all Guenther needs to do is tell everyone there that all his friends call him "Gun" for short and thats what he prefers to be called. That's when everone will bond with the most sincere spiritual ellowship.

Even in Austin and especially in Austin because they don't have any of the cross town fueds like they have between Dallas and Fort Wart.
He needs a hat. I think it is state law

Back
Top Bottom