Cup RACE thread --- Atlanta

Honestly it’s incredible and kind of eery how these types of finishes occur at Atlanta so much regardless of the configuration, more than almost any other track. Think 2000 AND 2001 even though they weren’t 3 wide.
Must be something in the water down there.
The talk of the week was how much grip level was lost since the repave and the technology used when the track was repaved. Its a multi layer surface and water will drain away instead of sitting on top, with the top level called ODL (Open drainage layer) the very hot summers and fairly cold winters aged it faster and will continue to age faster than the old style solid asphalt. Even though the top layer will lose grip it won't be in danger of coming apart. I think a lot of tracks need to look in to this for 2 reasons, quicker drying time with no weepers after rain and grip fall off.

There are several on here who will cling to this “Ross can’t drive” BS for as long as he is racing, parrots of Hamcrap who is NEVER WRONG per Larson, but to each his own.
He definitely can drive, he's fast. He can't race though

• Haha
Reactions: sdj
Trying to use two restrictor plate races to judge is laughable. But try as you may. Ross is ranked 8th BTW
I seem to remember you talking about JHN cussing a wreck at Daytona. Hmm. Interesting. Guess it’s only okay when you do it. But hey, if you want to do that, go ahead. I’m ending the conversation here.

I seem to remember you talking about JHN cussing a wreck at Daytona. Hmm. Interesting. Guess it’s only okay when you do it. But hey, if you want to do that, go ahead. I’m ending the conversation here.

Chastain has a lot of fans, has a lot of haters also. He is a personality in the sport and he is going to be around for a long time.

Chastain has a lot of fans, has a lot of haters also. He is a personality in the sport and he is going to be around for a long time.
I just wanna reply to this, to say I never said the guy wasn’t good, never said he wouldn’t be around soon. Plenty of talented good drivers make mistakes. Not a single guy who’s been out there for longer than a cup of coffee hasn’t made them. So it’s not a knock on a driver to call them out when they make them. Like honestly, I don’t even dislike the guy, I wish I could’ve been able to make it down to Speedfest a few weeks ago to meet him, sadly I couldn’t. So please, understand when I criticize a driver, it’s not because I dislike them, because hell I’ve called out drivers I’d put in my top 5 favorites, I’ve defended drivers who I don’t even care for, I call accidents how I see them, no matter who’s involved. Hell back in 2022, I was one of the few Chase fans here who said he wrecked himself in the championship race. Because he did.

The tldr version. Ross is a hell of a driver, he makes mistakes like everyone else, and yes, he’s gonna be around for years, and that’s fine with me. I just hope he never goes to Toyota so you don’t turn on him. :p

That last sentence is a joke to just be playful by the way.

I just wanna reply to this, to say I never said the guy wasn’t good, never said he wouldn’t be around soon. Plenty of talented good drivers make mistakes. Not a single guy who’s been out there for longer than a cup of coffee hasn’t made them. So it’s not a knock on a driver to call them out when they make them. Like honestly, I don’t even dislike the guy, I wish I could’ve been able to make it down to Speedfest a few weeks ago to meet him, sadly I couldn’t. So please, understand when I criticize a driver, it’s not because I dislike them, because hell I’ve called out drivers I’d put in my top 5 favorites, I’ve defended drivers who I don’t even care for, I call accidents how I see them, no matter who’s involved. Hell back in 2022, I was one of the few Chase fans here who said he wrecked himself in the championship race. Because he did.

The tldr version. Ross is a hell of a driver, he makes mistakes like everyone else, and yes, he’s gonna be around for years, and that’s fine with me. I just hope he never goes to Toyota so you don’t turn on him. :p

That last sentence is a joke to just be playful by the way.
Listen young man, this is Racing forums we don't play around here. You be serious or you go to your room. :D

Back
Top Bottom