Cup RACE thread --- Bristol

Discussion in 'NASCAR chat' started by TexasRaceLady, Apr 7, 2019.

1. jws926

jws926 Nissan Is Love, Nissan Is Life

I do too, there is has been massive improvement for the #1 team in this short of time.

2. harkin

harkin SoCal Race Fan

They just red flagged a post-race interview with Denny.

Charlie Spencer and Racer1930 like this.
  3. Fordracing7

Fordracing7 2018 Pick em Champion

Especially with the damn tires they use these days....goodyear brings sh!t that doesnt give up or slow because it's bad marketing to have tires wear and blow....sh!t like this kills the sport these days.

4. FearThe4

FearThe4 Team Owner

Kevin will be fine the last 2 weeks have sucked but we manage to get an 8th and 13th out of them.Kevin will start winning soon just gotta be be patience.

FLRacingFan likes this.
  5. Racer1930

Racer1930 Team Owner

Well then I'm already right :D

ToyYoda likes this.
  6. acmerocket

acmerocket Team Owner

how in the ------- will the 18 pass post tech??????

7. Madman88

Madman88 Car Chief

What happened, I missed it

8. harkin

harkin SoCal Race Fan

Regan Smith apparently had someone in his ear telling him to shut down when everything seemed to be working right.

9. Charlie Spencer

Charlie Spencer Short tracks and road courses rule.

Sounds like someone didn't get his Skittles.

10. IanMcVittie

IanMcVittie Team Owner

:XXROFL:

DIDIT likes this.
  11. carolinabuff

carolinabuff Team Owner

Preach it Brad!!! This is awesome!

12. Charlie Spencer

Charlie Spencer Short tracks and road courses rule.

Oh, you were serious? I thought it was another 'Hamlin pit road violation' joke. :blink:

13. jaqua19

jaqua19 Team Owner

So Kyle lucks into another win lol

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

14. jaqua19

jaqua19 Team Owner

2008 all over again. 18 has always had the same sized "golden horseshoe" as the 48.

He's just had it longer now

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Dr_B_UNC likes this.
  15. Ventisca

Ventisca Team Owner Contributor

Shake it off -- move forward.

That's racing!

16. DIDIT

DIDIT Old School Fan

No worries there. New for 2019 is that any winner that fails post race inspection will lose the win. Will never happen unless it is someone like Chris Buescher.

17. FLRacingFan

FLRacingFan Team Owner

18. kyle18fan

kyle18fan Proud member of Rowdy Nation Contributor

18 car clears post race inspection, Kyle owns another one

19. SlicedBread22

SlicedBread22 #TeamJL

Joey had the best car today. I can live with a loss from a bad pit call.. no matter what he does there the others do different. I'm happy to see Penske had the field covered.

FLRacingFan and 2019PensekeFan like this.
  20. FearThe4

FearThe4 Team Owner

it was an easy call to stay out you only pit there if its darlington or atlanta.

21. SlicedBread22

SlicedBread22 #TeamJL

I know right?! Gave it away for sure.

22. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

Pretty much a given that Nascar is going to twiddle their thumbs when a late caution comes out on any track. I don't think the booth called it right either. There were way more cars that stayed out than what they were saying.

23. kyle18fan

18 passed post race :pbjtime:

24. Johali

Johali Team Owner Contributor

11th place for Chase is pretty damn good considering he had no or at times sporadic power steering 90% of the race.

25. Larsonfan1995

Larsonfan1995 Team Owner

He won't have to visit the gym for a few days after that

Johali likes this.
  26. kyle18fan

Looked to me liked he raced his way to the front after getting wrecked, made the right decisions and won :idunno:

27. DUN24

DUN24 Skeptical of the Spectacle

28. gnomesayin

gnomesayin Team Owner

When you're right, you're right.

29. AuzGrams

AuzGrams Team Owner

I can't believe Ty Dillon is 22nd in points with an average finish of 18.9, a top 10, 4 top 15's, & a stage win. Finishing 6 positions higher than last year.

Ryan Newman looks significantly better than Trevor Bayne, and I see a Roush car getting into the top 16.

FLRacingFan and StandOnIt like this.
  30. Revman

Revman Mods are Motivators.

Sheer joy on a Monday morning to see posts praising 11th place finisher Chasing History, 13th by Harvick rocking Rodney's magic, etc., etc.....If I just flew in from outer space, I would know how won simply by looking at posts like this. Outstanding. Hell yes Kyle Busch! Hell yes! First in points. Manufacturer first in points. I know....all luck. No skill. Got it. LOL.

CaptainHiTop likes this.
  31. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

Newman has made a difference at Roush this year. Trevor who?

FLRacingFan and Charlie Spencer like this.
  32. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

Newman not happy with young Blaney. Fenced me, fenced him
    Ryan Newman to Ryan Blaney: “The spotter can’t drive the car”

When asked if he was happy for the first top 10 and upset about the incident, Newman didn’t leave anyone wondering with his answer.

“Both,” he said. “You expect more out of him. If it’s a rookie, it’s one thing but the spotter can’t drive the car and the spotter has to see the runs, too. We had a car that was better than we ran most all day, just kind of got caught up there. (I’m) proud of the guys and they did a good job on pit road despite the penalty. We just have to keep digging.

Blaney was trying to make the pass by Newman for position and collected the veteran in the process and took the blame after the race.

“I put him in the fence off of (Turn) 2 by accident I tried to clear him myself just racing hard on a restart,” said Blaney. “My spotter said he was still out there but I stayed on the gas and tried to clear him myself and I fenced him and I feel bad about that.

“He got me back and fenced me on the frontstretch. That’s hard racing and Ryan and I have always raced each other good and it’s nice to be able to laugh about it. It was my fault, I was just trying to clear it myself.”

https://www.motorsport.com/nascar-cup/news/ryan-newman-blaney-contact/4366407/

33. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

Preece besides hitting everything but the pace car and winning the coveted Stenhouse award for crashxilence continues to lead