Cup RACE thread --- Bristol

That’s cool, Cole Custers sponsored by Autodesk, I didn’t know that. I use 3 of their products on a daily basis for work.
I used to teach it. A bit of history, it was originally invented in Broken Arrow Ok, and we got the experimental stuff to try out until they were bought out and renamed to Autodesk.

We dump on Kyle, but Harv is actually one of the “dirtiest” out there, especially when a win or advancing in the playoffs is at stake.

barely in the top 16 in a Penske car is doing well? And Blaney one spot ahead? I'm not impressed with either, they aren't rookies by a long shot.
Compared to Menard, it's a huge difference for Matt D. Matt D statistically is equal to how Blaney performed in the 21, so I don't why he can't get a second year with the team.

Blaney has a lot of questions to answer, but he is inked in for the next couple of years. Talented, but needs to be more consistent in terms of being and staying in winning positions.

Just goes to show just how good Logano and Keselowski have been this season as well. The 12 and 21 have to find a way to get closer to the 2 and 22 more often than not.

barely in the top 16 in a Penske car is doing well? And Blaney one spot ahead? I'm not impressed with either, they aren't rookies by a long shot.
I really thought Blaney would have won more at this point in the 12. A consistent 2-4 race winner a year, final 8 driver. It’s not looking like that right now, the 2 and 22 outrun him mostly every week. And I never bought the hype on the Burrito, nice driver but he’s replaceable if need be.

I’m surprised NASCAR is still allowing neck gaiters in place of medical or cloth face masks. They are not effective at preventing larger moister droplets and even worse they “explode” moisture droplets out rather than catch.

I really thought Blaney would have won more at this point in the 12. A consistent 2-4 race winner a year, final 8 driver. It’s not looking like that right now, the 2 and 22 outrun him mostly ever week. And I never bought the hype on the Burrito, nice driver but he’s replaceable if need be.
That's the thing, Blaney has been close on many occasions. Just never finished opportunities to win, I think he will win more and he knows he needs to.

Still one of my favorites, but he certainly needs to finish the job more often than not.

Kyle is historically a pretty clean driver.

It's just some of his previous issues are held over his head.
I agree that he's usually pretty clean racing for the lead. Coming up through the pack is a different story

That's the thing, Blaney has been close on many occasions. Just never finished opportunities to win, I think he will win more and he knows he needs to.

Still one of my favorites, but he certainly needs to finish the job more often than not.
Yea I agree. I’m really confused he hasn’t won more, something is missing this year obviously

Kyle reverted to his usual chipper self in the post-race Zoom calls:

There were 3 grooves in the turns tonight and Kyle kept following in the tire tracks of lapped cars in the high lane rather than taking the middle because Kevin was forced to the bottom. Opportunity staring him in the face and he never took it. Was very confusing for a driver of his talent level.

KDB has been that way for years and years. People who think Kyle Dam Busch is going to change his spots or think somehow he is better are nutz. It's much better if you are a Kyle fan to make something up or minimize his behavior and let the rest of us laugh our asses off in peace

Kyle saying Logano is nobodies friend is the pot calling the kettle black. He got his ass whooped in Logano's pit and Harvick tried to kick his ass if he could have caught him, so he races them clean.

Nothing inaccurate about his Logano comment. The rest of the surly / pouty stuff would best be avoided.
What did Joey do wrong? Joey ran his line in the top groove by the wall and Kyle kept following in his tire tracks. Joey left the middle lane open and Kyle refused to move down in the turns. Kyle could have followed Kevin or take the middle lane but decided to follow Joey each time.

Tough ****, pick your lanes better. Kevin did and he won.

Yea I agree. I’m really confused he hasn’t won more, something is missing this year obviously
If I’m not mistaken wasn’t there a roughly 7-10 race stretch where Blaney looked like a legit contender in the middle of the season? But yea, he’s clearly fallen off since then.

If I’m not mistaken wasn’t there a roughly 7-10 race stretch where Blaney looked like a legit contender in the middle of the season? But yea, he’s clearly fallen off since then.
I should’ve just looked this up before posting, apologies. But there was a stretch where he finished 3,3,DNF,4,2,3,1. After that stretch he had an average finish of about 18 (literally a quick estimate looking at the numbers).

A great time being at the Bristol Night race. My first time at Bristol after years of seeing other tracks.

there’s no way to describe it. I don’t know how I can compare other races I enjoy going to with Bristol now lol.

it goes without saying, but if you ever get a chance to see Bristol, do yourself the favor and take it. It’s like everyone says. Simply amazing.

just being ‘on top’ of the action and watching a battle going on throughout the field the entire 500 laps... I’ve never enjoyed a race as much as this.

glad and thankful things lined up to where I could see this place for once.

It seems to me the driver changes for the teams was an experiment gone wrong. I have the feeling CC's didn't get the hang of adjusting to the new driver, and the drivers didn't like driving someone else car.

Kyle has no excuse for NOT winning the race. He passed Harvick, got the lead but wasn't the driver he needed to be to keep it.

A great time being at the Bristol Night race. My first time at Bristol after years of seeing other tracks.

there’s no way to describe it. I don’t know how I can compare other races I enjoy going to with Bristol now lol.

it goes without saying, but if you ever get a chance to see Bristol, do yourself the favor and take it. It’s like everyone says. Simply amazing.

just being ‘on top’ of the action and watching a battle going on throughout the field the entire 500 laps... I’ve never enjoyed a race as much as this.

glad and thankful things lined up to where I could see this place for once.
Glad you had a great time. Go back when its sold out or almost sold out. Electric

Logano is Ryan newnan on steroids when it comes to being a road block. He's probably the most selfish driver on the track.
He held his line. At that point I think the 4 was better than the 18 at being able to make the bottom work. You can go around cars or you can cry because they won't get out of your way

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The 88 has been running a good consistent playoffs, no mistakes each race thus far.
I agree. They seem to have been having problems with the lack of practice but they are doing ok and playing it safe during the playoffs. I actually wonder if due to the fact that they were locked in that maybe they were doing some testing in some of the races during the regular season this year. They were having problems on the long runs but they seem to be improving on that a little. I realize that a lot of fans wrote them off and said they would be eliminated in the first round but I was not one of them. :)

He held his line. At that point I think the 4 was better than the 18 at being able to make the bottom work. You can go around cars or you can cry because they won't get out of your way

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
You are probably right on all accounts and I'm definitely no 18 fan. The thing I never see Joe do in these circumstances is just roll out of the throttle a hair and let the leaders fight it out. He keeps hammering down, injecting himself into a battle he's not part of. It looks to me like a lack of consideration and a me me attitude.

I agree. They seem to have been having problems with the lack of practice but they are doing ok and playing it safe during the playoffs. I actually wonder if due to the fact that they were locked in that maybe they were doing some testing in some of the races during the regular season this year. They were having problems on the long runs but they seem to be improving on that a little. I realize that a lot of fans wrote them off and said they would be eliminated in the first round but I was not one of them. :)
Yea me neither. 88 team always ran somewhat decent in the playoffs even with Jr there (before the concussion... and of course after Letarte took over), stealthily advancing (well stealthily as you can with a last name Earnhardt) in the playoffs until they just hit a wall where the better teams and drivers found that next level. Bowman is the same in that he doesnt really ever overdrive the equipment, minds his own business during the race and tries to bring home what the car will give him. Good team and driver, I fully expect the 88 to have a shot at Homestead by making it to the Final 8.

Top 10 finish for Ryan Preece, shout out to that team

Even with his DNF's this season he's already equaled the number of top-20 finishes he had through all of last season. Third straight top 20 for this team which FINALLY has some positive momentum and certainly luck swung their way this race.

Even with his DNF's this season he's already equaled the number of top-20 finishes he had through all of last season. Third straight top 20 for this team which FINALLY has some positive momentum and certainly luck swung their way this race.
He was my choice this week and he got me 2 spots with his 9th place finish.

Just adding my 2 cents. I'm not a Logano fan but I thought he did right by holding his line so the leaders could get by him. He stayed put on the track so there was no question where you needed to go to get by. Good for him.

Kyle has no excuse for NOT winning the race. He passed Harvick, got the lead but wasn't the driver he needed to be to keep it.
I keep saying this. There's a lot of unnecessary pressure of Kyle as NASCAR media looks for their next GOAT. This was clear after championship #2. Kyle's car was just as good as Kevin's, and it's shocking he didn't win. But maybe behind the wheel, Kyle isn't that much superior to his peers than he's been hyperbolized as.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Just adding my 2 cents. I'm not a Logano fan but I thought he did right by holding his line so the leaders could get by him. He stayed put on the track so there was no question where you needed to go to get by. Good for him.
yeah I didn't see any blocking by Logano and since when are the Fords supposed to pull over for a yota and let them by?

Back
Top Bottom