Cup RACE thread --- Bristol

Rick: Here comes the 18!!!!!!
“doesn’t come close to making the pass”
1600565808111.gif

They're really scraping to make this final race of the round seem exciting as it draws to a close. However, there's nothing there.

A few minutes ago we were told Blaney was making a charge towards the lead. Hmm, he just got lapped.

Harvick is mowing people down, won’t be many left on the lead lap late at this pace.

Especially if these guys continue to settle for what they have instead of roughing up the bumpers in front of them. We could finish this race with 5 cars on the lead lap if it runs green to the end.

Snider just said they made major adjustments on Blaney's car and it's going to be interesting what position he's in when everything cycles through.

Harvick is mowing people down, won’t be many left on the lead lap late at this pace.
Idk man. Both Bristol and Richmond having nothing but long runs and drivers not willing to be aggressive this late in the season is just weird. I’m not advocating for wrecks because I always enjoy the racing not the cautions, but the “sparks from the cars and sparks from the drivers” is just about dead.

There's such a huge disparity at the cut line that the round of 12 drivers are pretty much determined that the final 100 laps will be a case of counting laps and playing it safe. Despite how much excitement the NBC guys try to drum up.

Idk man. Both Bristol and Richmond having nothing but long runs and drivers not willing to be aggressive this late in the season is just weird. I’m not advocating for wrecks because I always enjoy the racing not the cautions, but the “sparks from the cars and sparks from the drivers” is just about dead.
I think when you shrink playoffs down to stretches of three races points racing becomes that much more important honestly. Unless you win, one bad result will really screw you over and most of these guys simply don’t have the pace to keep up with the elite of the elite and go for a W. That’s especially noticeable at short tracks since there’s usually more contact, the action has to ratchet down.

“Fans up on their feet watching this”

Yeah I’m sure the fans in the stands are thrilled to see a milquetoast bristol race with no aggression, where the top 10 are getting lapped and theres still over 100 to go.

Pitiful show for a much hyped cut off race. These guys are just phoning it in again.

About the only thing of interest left is if all these teams have to make green flag stops and can get through it without any issues, or if there's a caution before that.

I think when you shrink playoffs down to stretches of three races points each g becomes that much more important honestly. Unless you win, one bad result will really screw you over and most of these guys simply don’t have the pace to keep up with the elite of the elite. That’s especially noticeable at short tracks since there’s usually more contact, the action has to ratchet down.
Almost as if it should be a best out of ten races again.

Oh well.

They're staying quiet about the difference between 12th and 13th in points. They want people to think there's still a lot on the line in the final 100 laps.

“Fans up on their feet watching this”

Yeah I’m sure the fans in the stands are thrilled to see a milquetoast bristol race with no aggression, where the top 10 are getting lapped and theres still over 100 to go.

Pitiful show for a much hyped cut off race. These guys are just phoning it in again.
I thought the high HP low D/F package was the bomb

Back
Top Bottom