Cup RACE thread --- Bristol

If it makes you feel better I still wanted Harv to win even after the cut tire. I wasn't even really mad at Harvick, I was mad at how easily these tires cut. Twice in this round alone that happened to the 9, crazy.
Yep that has been my bitch too, they would have been racing the hell out of each other if they were driving the Xfinity cars.

If racing someone hard after they have wrecked you (or at the very least your chances to win/finish top 3) without wrecking them back is "chicken ****..." I can only imagine Harvick's opinion on what attempting to wreck the entire field at Talladega in order to advance in the playoffs is?

Seriously so silly. Pretty crazy that people are worked up over the fact that the 9 ran the 4 hard and ended up forcing the 4 to settle for a 2nd place finish.....

Can we pause on the drama for a second and remember the last 10 laps of the race and how all time bad the coverage was?

The camera was on Byron and Reddick from 9 to go, until 3 to go. During the 6 laps, the lead shrunk from 0.8 to 0.3, the corner, then Larson's run, and the pass for the lead was MISSED by NBC's coverage.

NBC missed the battle for the win to show drivers who were running by themselves.

Can we talk about how bad that is?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Can we pause on the drama for a second and remember the last 10 laps of the race and how all time bad the coverage was?

The camera was on Byron and Reddick from 9 to go, until 3 to go. During the 6 laps, the lead shrunk from 0.8 to 0.3, the corner, then Larson's run, and the pass for the lead was MISSED by NBC's coverage.

NBC missed the battle for the win to show drivers who were running by themselves.

While all true, your boy won an all timer. Have a cold one and soak it all in. Sit back and watch all the anti-9 trolls go at the oChaee fans over Harv’s theatrics.

Coverage arguments aren’t going to produce the same crap we’re seeing here.
We all hate the coverage and the shrieking booth; there’s nothing to argue about there.
Let’s focus on the 2nd place guy and the dude in 25th…👍🏻

After watching it, I don't really understand what either driver actually did wrong.

Chase forced his way into a middle lane below the lapped car that didn't exist so he wouldn't be pinned. That happened. Harv lost the nose and washed up the track and into Chase, cutting his tire down. That happened.

Seemed like racing.

Are Chase fans thinking that Harvick washed up into him deliberately?

The whole thing seemed like a racing incident in all honesty.

After watching it, I don't really understand what either driver actually did wrong.

Chase forced his way into a middle lane below the lapped car that didn't exist so he wouldn't be pinned. That happened. Harv lost the nose and washed up the track and into Chase, cutting his tire down. That happened.

Seemed like racing.

I think it’s a combination of things: Chase has had Bristol won multiple times and either effed it up himself or been taken out/circumstances several times. Then, it’s been a tough title defense season while your teammate is winning everything under the sun…. Couple that with leading and tangling with Harvick and this is what you get. Couple that with Harvick being… Harvick and all his grandstanding and badassery with ZERO substance and here we are. It’s Martinsville all over again amd instead of Hamlin the boogeyman is Harv.

Seemed like racing.

Too many people blinded by their fandom. Honestly I expected more from chase. I get it you're mad and took a swipe at him as he passed him with 4 fresh tires. Ok I'm fine with that. Now you purposely waited on him being 2 laps down to hold up the leaders? Well pretty boarderline to me but I get it you're mad. Now you keep stopping in front of him on pit road so you can get out and confront him? Seriously dude you payed him back twice for something any none biased person can see was a racing deal.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Kyle Busch advanced and I'm good with that.
Quinn Hoff did not disappoint in my quest for Season Basement finisher in RF Pick em..I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm kinda excited to see where I ended up..

I think it’s a combination of things: Chase has had Bristol won multiple times and either effed it up himself or been taken out/circumstances several times. Then, it’s been a tough title defense season while your teammate is winning everything under the sun…. Couple that with leading and tangling with Harvick and this is what you get. Couple that with Harvick being… Harvick and all his grandstanding and badassery with ZERO substance and here we are. It’s Martinsville all over again amd instead of Hamlin the boogeyman is Harv.

Well, Hamlin dumped him then, and even owned it. Harvick didn't dump him, he just ran his lane, and Chase crowded Harvick, he washed up, and they made contact. Short track racing a Bristol. He was supposed to do that, it's no biggy, but now that I rewatch it, I think the initial contact was on Chase, but then the whole thing sort of blew up.

I understand the build up to both drivers frustrations, and how they sort of both used the incident as an opportunity to be mad. We say in my world that when a reaction doesn't fit the event, stuff from the past is stirred up.

Man this race is what the series needed. Now just have the season title at Martinsville and I’d be a happy guy.

Btw, how about that 5 car! 6 wins this year man! And a hell of a slide job to hold on

Too many people blinded by their fandom. Honestly I expected more from chase. I get it you're mad and took a swipe at him as he passed him with 4 fresh tires. Ok I'm fine with that. Now you purposely waited on him being 2 laps down to hold up the leaders? Well pretty boarderline to me but I get it you're mad. Now you keep stopping in front of him on pit road so you can get out and confront him? Seriously dude you payed him back twice for something any none biased person can see was a racing deal.

It sounds like it was the straw that broke the camel's back. Chase seems like he's been upset with Harvick for a while. Yeah maybe it was an accident or a racing deal or whatever, but I don't blame him for being mad

Same dude in the same shirt to go meet Jimmie hahaha

6aa7b0033bd588a4951da53c6849d1f7.jpg

If Kevin doesnt run into Chase and nearly put him in the wall, cutting a tire down in the process, none of this happens.

Reap what you sow.

Well, Hamlin dumped him then, and even owned it. Harvick didn't dump him, he just ran his lane, and Chase crowded Harvick, he washed up, and they made contact. Short track racing a Bristol. He was supposed to do that, it's no biggy

I understand the build up to both drivers frustrations, and how they sort of both used the incident as an opportunity to be mad.

But I don't actually think either driver did anything wrong as far as the initial contact goes.

I’m gonna stop you there. Hamlin never owned it. His story changed 2 or 3 times after he was proven wrong each time. Closest he came to owning it was by not getting angry after Chase got his revenge (masterfully I’ll add by goading Denny into walling himself). I do think that the incident between Cjase and Harv was “racin’” and they both will realize that later, but I’m 100% here for Chase casually screwing with Harv after to help a teammate and exact revenge. I’m also 100% here for Chase calling Harv’s bluff and standing up to a yap yap bully.

I’m gonna stop you there. Hamlin never owned it. His story changed 2 or 3 times after he was proven wrong each time. Closest he came to owning it was by not getting angry after Chase got his revenge (masterfully I’ll add by goading Denny into walling himself). I do think that the incident between Cjase and Harv was “racin’” and they both will realize that later, but this m 100% here for Chase casually screwing with Harv after to help a teammate and exact revenge. I’m also 100% here for Chase calling Harv’s bluff and standing up to a yap yap bully.
To me it looked like Hamlin tried to take out Larson intentionally. On the other hand, Harvick and Elliott were racing hard and Harvick didn't contact Elliott on purpose IMO.

Same dude in the same shirt to go meet Jimmie hahaha

Getting in argument with Jimmie Johnson must be so akward.

Jimmie just puts his finger up, makes one comment, walks away. I don't mean to make things clinical here, but that video is a PERFECT example of setting and maintaining a boundary with someone who is escalated. He recognizes that this person isnt reasonable, that there's no productive conversation to be had, that he does not have to tolerate this, Kevin's feelings aren't Jimmie's problem, so, he leaves before it can escalate, or he himself can react.

I’m gonna stop you there. Hamlin never owned it. His story changed 2 or 3 times after he was proven wrong each time. Closest he came to owning it was by not getting angry after Chase got his revenge (masterfully I’ll add by goading Denny into walling himself). I do think that the incident between Cjase and Harv was “racin’” and they both will realize that later, but I’m 100% here for Chase casually screwing with Harv after to help a teammate and exact revenge. I’m also 100% here for Chase calling Harv’s bluff and standing up to a yap yap bully.
I see.

I thought he did though. Hamlin said he had his tires jacked up, and that Chase missed the corner because he had his tires jacked up.

Is that not an admission of wrecking someone?

Getting in argument with Jimmie Johnson must be so akward.

Jimmie just puts his finger up, makes one comment, walks away. I don't mean to make things clinical here, but that video is a PERFECT example of setting and maintaining a boundary with someone who is escalated. He recognizes that this person isnt reasonable, that there's no productive conversation to be had, that he is tolerating this, nor does he have to, Kevin's feelings aren't Jimmie's problem, so, he leaves.

Who?

Back
Top Bottom