Cup RACE thread --- Darlington

I agree with DJ's comment. Chase contested the pass, he didn't stay running the high line like he was, he moved down to get on Truex's door and pinch him down, nothing wrong with that......

When Truex made contact w Elliot the 9 was about 5’ off the wall.

I disagree on the 4 being one of the 3 fastest but dillon was impressive tonight. He can drive a race car better than most here want to admit.
After seeing the stacks of wrecked #3 race cars behind two of their shops makes it hard for me to agree with that sentence. But, I do think he has improved a lot in the past couple of years..

Not an Austin Dillon fan but complete props on the way he laid it all out there at the end.

He had to do a lot of things right to be running fourth so late.

When Truex made contact w Elliot the 9 was about 5’ off the wall.

The more I look at it, the more I think it was just hard racing incident, Chase intended to fight whatever Truex had coming. He had a massive run down the straight, probably had to take it, for some reason Chase dropped to the low line the corner before instead of taking away Truex's air up high, mistake with this package the way it is, but he already knew Truex was faster running him down, so trying something different I'm guessing.

Still on Truex for not knowing he was clear, and causing the contact. Not the first time he's wrecked going for the lead like this. Expecting Chase to roll over and let him in for the win is laughable.

It doesn't seem either driver is that riled up about it though. Think they both know, each were going for the win at any cost to lock into the next round.

Austin Dillon driving harder for the lead than MTJ and didn’t wreck himself or anyone else.

I was watching live timing so I was keeping a close eye on all of the lap times and I could sure tell when tires were starting to go away.

Not an Austin Dillon fan but complete props on the way he laid it all out there at the end.

He had to do a lot of things right to be running fourth so late.
Exactly. He put himself in a position to win.

See Kevin Harvick.

I noticed that the 88 team seemed to be back in pretty good form other then a bad pit stop yesterday. I'm wondering if maybe since they were locked in to the playoffs and since there has been no practice this year maybe they have been testing during a few of the races this year.

Um, I dont think that would be a good idea
I was joking. Should have added the /s

When something like that happens, do you guys look at each other on the roof with arms up like "WTF?!?!?!?" or have you ever actually seen it get ugly or physical? Is there a "spotter's code" that says that you all understand that you're just doing your job and you can't control what your driver does?

I was joking. Should have added the /s

When something like that happens, do you guys look at each other on the roof with arms up like "WTF?!?!?!?" or have you ever actually seen it get ugly or physical? Is there a "spotter's code" that says that you all understand that you're just doing your job and you can't control what your driver does?
I know you were, I was just playing along. Yes, we throw our hands up and give the wtf gesture but there is a code. "we dont drive em" code. We get emotional and will discuss it but it doesnt get out of hand at that level but Ive seen it come to blows in the lower divisions which is just stupid.

Back
Top Bottom