Cup RACE thread --- Darlington

You said it yourself, Jeff made an art out of it. See what Jeff did to Rusty at Bristol, there's nuance to it. He was faster, he needed to get by him, and at Bristol back then it was the only way. He moved him, he didn't wreck him. It was clean, it was fair, it was short track racing at it's finest. The faster car won the race and Rusty was runner-up.

Joey gets heat because it was such an unnecessary overreaction. Byron's MISTAKE only cost Joey a couple car lengths. An honest mistake on a part of the track that was causing issues for some of the sport's best drivers all day long. Joey's payback was way over the top. Again, the punishment didn't fit the crime.

But see, Joey did this to Martin at Martinsville, got hate. In fact he tried passing MK numerous times and got blocked every single time and once into the wall. He had enough and moved him. MK then comes out with a car with 2 wheels and wrecks Joey and fans love it. Face it, most fans hate the 22 and that's where this come from. If Chase had done this Sunday, it would have been cheers all around.

But see, Joey did this to Martin at Martinsville, got hate. In fact he tried passing MK numerous times and got blocked every single time and once into the wall. He had enough and moved him. MK then comes out with a car with 2 wheels and wrecks Joey and fans love it. Face it, most fans hate the 22 and that's where this come from. If Chase had done this Sunday, it would have been cheers all around.

In this particular case, I agree with you 100%.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I applauded that move Logano pulled on MTJ. I think if MTJ had just focused on getting to the line instead of turning into Joey, it would have been a close drag race to the finish. That kind of stuff is fine at a short track, unless you pull a 2017 Hamlin type of move.

And if drivers didn't do the dirty to other drivers what would be the point?Chivalry is dead. No one would be interested.Call me slow,but Nascar does resemble pro wrestling in its marketing. What I really want to know is what the heck Hendrick is doing to gain that few hundredths a lap advantage the last few years...

Back
Top Bottom