Cup RACE thread --- Daytona Road Course

IMHO. The track isn't that technical but it has it's moments. I'm not sure the front stretch chicane they added helped or hurt the racing. Faster cars were able to pass in places on the course which was nice. I think it is a decent road course track. I'm hoping they will add the Cup cars to the Xfinities at Elkhart Lake. Makes sense economically also.

IMHO. The track isn't that technical but it has it's moments. I'm not sure the front stretch chicane they added helped or hurt the racing. Faster cars were able to pass in places on the course which was nice. I think it is a decent road course track. I'm hoping they will add the Cup cars to the Xfinities at Elkhart Lake. Makes sense economically also.
I'll go with Elkhart Lake...the Daytona "road course" isn't a road course. No elevation changes, no esses, no negative camber sweeps, nothing that makes real road courses....well, road courses.

He only had 16 Cup starts and only 9 of them at Riverside
Thought he won all but one of the Riverside races...guess my memory is lacking. Might have been some of the Sportsman Nascar or Winston West.

Still...based on a total of 16 races that gives him a winning percentage of over 30%....is there any other driver that is close to that? Heck he won 55% of the races at one track!

Thought he won all but one of the Riverside races...guess my memory is lacking. Might have been some of the Sportsman Nascar or Winston West.

Still...based on a total of 16 races that gives him a winning percentage of over 30%....is there any other driver that is close to that? Heck he won 55% of the races at one track!
Justin Haley comes to mind with a winning percentage of 25%

Yes, only 5 including 4 in a row.

The gentleman started a grand total of 16 Cup races.
Dan Gurney 1966.jpg

and we NEVER have that around here on the race thread.:sarcasm:

I had a buddy and his wife that worked for Racing Radios and they serviced the helmets for the drivers, headsets for the crew and rented headsets to the fans. For many years they serviced NHRA, NASCAR, USAC, and WOO before they retired a couple of years ago. I asked him one time if it was a fun job and he said that the only part of the job he didn't like and that he refused to do anymore was doing business with NASCAR fans. He said they are the worse because they are very impatient, very rude and are never satisfied, so he and his wife refused to do the NASCAR events anymore. He had no reason to lie to me so I have no reason to not believe him. Obviously he wasn't talking about all NASCAR fans so I hope there are no thin skinned fans on here that gets offended. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom