Cup RACE thread --- Daytona Road Course

NASCAR goofed up the race with the rain caution, but the drivers mostly prevailed and still put on a good racing finish rather than a joke.

We can stop being surprised that a dirt background and excelling on short tracks can lead to excelling on road courses. It's been going on forever. Gordon and Stewart. Rusty Wallace and Ricky Rudd were both best on road courses and short tracks. The Busch brothers. And so on.

Also even though it’s extremely early with two first time winners we have two new playoff participants

Lol the guy that the 9 was toying with the whole 2nd stage wins thanks to NASCAR's rain caution where nobody put on rain tires. Can't make it up. I'll blame Chase a bit for being a bit over aggressive there at the end but he should've never been put in a situation to where he needed to be.

Also even though it’s extremely early with two first time winners we have two new playoff participants
True but Mcdriver will be lucky to get out of the first round. I think Bell is going to be in the thick of it all year.

Lol the guy that the 9 was toying with the whole 2nd stage wins thanks to NASCAR's rain caution where nobody put on rain tires. Can't make it up. I'll blame Chase a bit for being a bit over aggressive there at the end but he should've never been put in a situation to where he needed to be.
I mostly agree but I don't think Chase needed to be over aggressive. Kez had been locking up and washing up on the infield turns for laps. If Chase had stayed behind him, he could have gone inside in 6, without having to cross over in front of Denny.

Damn, HMS had a chance for a top ten finish with three cars but the 5 and 9 choked... but at least the 48 kept a cool head and finished in the top ten. Chase is a good RC racer but he needs to have a little more patience when it comes down to the last laps. He has screwed himself in both races this year at this track. Larson screwed himself today also but he did much better then I figured he would.

Damn, HMS had a chance for a top ten finish with three cars but the 5 and 9 choked... but at least the 48 kept a cool head and finished in the top ten. Chase is a good RC racer but he needs to have a little more patience when it comes down to the last laps. He has screwed himself in both races this year at this track. Larson screwed himself today also but he did much better then I figured he would.
Lost his patience and it bit him

It’s kinda bittersweet being both an Erik Jones and Bell fan lol, but Bell is obviously gonna be a star. He’s Larson level talent but doesn’t have the propensity to choke. Erik is a good driver but between the two it was a no brainer

True but Mcdriver will be lucky to get out of the first round. I think Bell is going to be in the thick of it all year.
I’m with you on that, I think Bell will win 1-2 more races this year and make it to the Round of 8. He’s special

Bell already has a year under his belt so he knows a little bit about the tracks. Big change from Dirt.

He is one of the best professional race car drivers in NASCAR he should be able to handle any situation he is put in. All of the other drivers had to deal with the same caution and I don't hear their fans using that as an excuse. He just needs to settle down a little. Sometimes you get away with aggressive driving and it wins you races and sometimes it doesn't as we saw today with Elliott and Larson. Sometimes cautions help you and sometimes they don't.

He is one of the best professional race car drivers in NASCAR he should be able to handle any situation he is put in. All of the other drivers had to deal with the same caution and I don't hear their fans using that as an excuse. He just needs to settle down a little. Sometimes you get away with aggressive driving and it wins you races and sometimes it doesn't as we saw today with Elliott and Larson. Sometimes cautions help you and sometimes they don't.
I was surprised Chase made a mistake, disappointed that Larson was going to have a good finish and blew it. Looks like from what I have seen is that the Rovals are going to produce unpredictable short track like racing.

FYI, Kyle Busch won before Adam Stevens because he won his first time out at the Clash. I don’t care if it’s a non points race he still won before him lol. I won’t tolerate the slander :p

as for the rain yellow Nascar just wanted a reason to throw a yellow to bunch up the field to cause chaos.

I don't even get mad at that anymore I just go with it cause they going to do what the want to do anyway.

as for the rain yellow Nascar just wanted a reason to throw a yellow to bunch up the field to cause chaos.

I don't even get mad at that anymore I just go with it cause they going to do what the want to do anyway.
thats sports entertainment,
aka wwe

woww that was WILD. Big weekend for the Gibbs bunch on the road course, awesome first win for Bell in the cup series.

Back
Top Bottom