Cup RACE thread --- Dover

Switching a number will make him run better?? Omg lol

Oh man.

Joey Logano needed a reset..switching to Penske from Gibbs was the mental reset he needs. Chase switching car numbers could represent a new start for him, and give him a fresher mindset, take pressure off himself..sports psychology, etc.

As a kid who is stuck in his head, hell yeah, I'd say it can do something for him

18 crew chief said car was terrible all day.. made so many adjustments all day because they didn't have best car.. he also stated he was happy it was long runs so Kyle could win the race at the end.. like I said his car was terrible all day.

Oh boy Charlotte Talladega Kansas can't wait for people to talk about football terminology & playoffs this sucks it's terrible nobody
I know likes this. There's no room for any of this crap none of it has any basis no history it isn't a God-damn game it used to be a way of life. Used to live by the saying that bullfighting boxing/fighting and car racing were sports everything else was just a game. No it's a bunch of ******* cookie cutter Network pleasing sponsor sucking nonsense. See you in Martinsville everyone. (see yall at the end of Talladega too)

Wow , did ya'll see that as NBCSN went to commercial ! Just looking at body language and mannerisms,
it seemed Jeff Gordon was giving Newman the 'what for !' and walked away from Newman. That was interesting,
keep your ears open for any follow up on that . Oh NBCSN just covered it.

When the announcers mentioned Chase saying he wants to win before leaving the 24 because of the legacy of the number I knew it was in his head bad

Without a doubt. Chase is smart and very collected. People who are that "thoughtful" at that young have a harder time "going with the flow" in general.

Feel for him

#24 wasn't the only car out there today who lost a race. So did 38 others.

18 crew chief said car was terrible all day.. made so many adjustments all day because they didn't have best car.. he also stated he was happy it was long runs so Kyle could win the race at the end.. like I said his car was terrible all day.

Started out about a 10th place car ......... ended up with about a third place car. The win today was mostly all driver IMO

Had nothing to do with the 24 car.

Had more to do with driver's mindset. I alluded to just this about him yesterday

Forward progress stopped when the 31 appeared so yeah ..... pretty sure the 31 had a bit to do with it. Just my opinion of course

Forward progress stopped when the 31 appeared so yeah ..... pretty sure the 31 had a bit to do with it. Just my opinion of course

Well yeah, but Chase was just following Ryan, and Kyle was closing. Had it been with 230 laps to go, Chase probably could have handled it differently. I just think Chase was in a box there.

Just thinking about it some more - Chase changing his line not only would've gotten him into clean air but also put Kyle in dirty air. We already saw this earlier at Atlanta when Larson refused to change lines when being chased down by Brad how that works out.

Well yeah, but Chase was just following Ryan, and Kyle was closing. Had it been with 230 laps to go, Chase probably could have handled it differently. I just think Chase was in a box there.

No neck might have decided to take out the 24 to stay lead lap ........... wouldn't surprise me if that had something to do with Chase avoiding a confrontation.

Just thinking about it some more - Chase changing his line not only would've gotten him into clean air but also put Kyle in dirty air. We already saw this earlier at Atlanta when Larson refused to change lines when being chased down by Brad how that works out.

It's like he froze

Started out about a 10th place car ......... ended up with about a third place car. The win today was mostly all driver IMO
It was for sure!!! But people saying he won on here because of Earnhardt wreck lol

No neck might have decided to take out the 24 to stay lead lap ........... wouldn't surprise me if that had something to do with Chase avoiding a confrontation.

Agreed. But I feel like most drivers would have been like, "If I ride, the 18 is gonna get me" and said, the hell with it.

Chase is showing that it's possible for a driver to be too cerebral. Kyle just goes out and gets sh!t done. Poor Chase seems trapped in his own brain.

YES YES YES YES.

Thank you. Jimmie, Tony, and Kyle do it, and don't think. Carl was too cerebral at times too. He just was lucky he could "zone in"

Back
Top Bottom