Cup RACE thread --- Dover

I thought the attendance was pretty good given weather. For most of the week it was forecasted to rain all weekend. The forecast started changing late friday or early saturday. We escape rain in fall i'll definitely be there.

Bam! Freaky Fast #4

nascar-cup-dover-2018-race-winner-kevin-harvick-stewart-haas-racing-chevrolet-8295427.jpg

Kevin Harvick’s fourth Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series of the season is the first at Dover for Ford since the 2011 season.
https://www.motorsport.com/nascar-cup/news/kevin-harvick-dominates-in-shr-1-2-at-dover-1034482/

I thought the visor cam from Suarez was an awesome vantage point. Im sure they've had an in car camera before there and im not remembering it. Im doing the RP driving experience at Dover in August. I hope it drives like the Suarez perspective.

The whole race I couldn't help but think how much more I enjoyed the Dover Xfinity race than the Cup guys.
Weird year for me so far in Cup. Maybe a #9 win will get me a little more reved up. We'll see.

Not the day I hoped for for the 9, guess they lost the handle on it. He did move into 15th in the points tho via stage points so not a total loss.
I, too, was looking forward to seeing Chase do better than 12th. Not the end result I expected.
I checked on racing reference the last time neither Jimmie or Kyle led a lap at the Spring race at Dover was 2007
Interesting that Kyle has been leading laps in most of the spring Dover races, but, according to Mike Joy, he has not posted a top ten at the spring Dover race in eight years.

The desire to avoid that makes sense on many levels. On the other hand, if cars were going to run out of fuel, that’s not NASCAR’s fault. That’s part of the race; some drivers and teams would have played it better than others, and those who didn’t would suffer. Fans would understand that.
:D:D:D:p
Sure they would Jeff.

http://jeffgluck.com/the-top-five-breaking-down-the-dover-race/

Reactions: Pat
Back
Top Bottom