Cup RACE thread ---- Gateway

That's bad.

Jaime sounds absolutely gutted/rattled.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

They DESPERATELY need a legitimate “Drive to Survive” series on a service like Netflix that shows everything behind the scenes. Can you imagine episodes where say Penske execs are bitching about HMS prima donnas like the Red Bull v Mercedes episodes of DTS? With episodes featuring say LaJoie or other fan favs as lovable losers like McClaren? Amazing
I found the Austin and Whitney Dillon show really compelling, exciting and a potential way to grow the sport.

Willy B in a hornets nest there. Think he’ll make it out of this hairy restart

Exactly. Was on USA. *slow clap* featured episodes where Austin Dillon and a crew guys double dated and had terrible scripted segments. No. No. F1 DTS is the template. FOLLOW IT
Two different shows, that one was Austin Dillon's reality show, Race For The Championship ran the last 10 weeks of the season and focused on different drivers each week, it was pretty good IMO.

I watch ESPN+ for college hockey and baseball. When ESPN cares, they can do a damn good job.
We all know where the nascar coverage will head. Best case scenario is it gets NHL treatment. Their F1 deal is literally just broadcasting the feed from another continent that respects the product. As for the NHL comparison, I anxiously await Stephen A Smith blasting us all morning because it’s a sport for stupid white folk. Then again, seems Fox is already doing that, just not quite saying the quiet part out loud.

Two different shows, that one was Austin Dillon's reality show, then there was Race For The Championship that ran the last 10 weeks of the season and focused on different drivers each week, it was pretty good IMO
You’re right and I’m sorry. The Dillon show was godawful. The Race For The Championship was well done and close to DTS, but so hard to actually watch

Remember when everyone thought that RCR was terrible and that Reddick was outperforming his equipment? It turns out Austin Dillon is actually terrible and the equipment was fine.
To be fair, not many of their drivers outside Earnhardt and Harvick did much at RCR. Busch is an amazing talent. RCR still would be like a 3 or 4 star team imo.

Two different shows, that one was Austin Dillon's reality show, Race For The Championship ran the last 10 weeks of the season and focused on different drivers each week, it was pretty good IMO.
Showtime’s Inside NASCAR was really good IIRC. I liked the uncensored radio commentary segments.

We all know where the nascar coverage will head. Best case scenario is it gets NHL treatment. Their F1 deal is literally just broadcasting the feed from another continent that respects the product. As for the NHL comparison, I anxiously await Stephen A Smith blasting us all morning because it’s a sport for stupid white folk. Then again, seems Fox is already doing that, just not quite saying the quiet part out loud.

I wouldn't mind NBC having the full schedule but NASCAR seems to prefer multiple partners.

The NHL deal is great if you have ESPN+ though. You can access the entire schedule and watch your favorite team's local broadcast. ESPN's sports streaming game is far ahead of everyone else.

To be fair, not many of their drivers outside Earnhardt and Harvick did much at RCR. Busch is an amazing talent. RCR still would be like a 3 or 4 star team imo.

Jeff Burton was really good at RCR until he fell off and Robby Gordon managed to get a couple of wins there. After Harvick left, they never bothered to get a top tier driver and let Austin lead the team. Austin isn't a top tier driver.

Back
Top Bottom