Cup RACE thread ---- Gateway

Jeff Burton was really good at RCR until he fell off and Robby Gordon managed to get a couple of wins there. After Harvick left, they never bothered to get a top tier driver and let Austin lead the team. Austin isn't a top tier driver.
This. They’ve had Burton, Newman, Gordon and Reddick after Earnhardt and Harv. Not exactly a franchise altering driver list but guys who could win a race. Reddick could have been that for them with Kyle Busch but he went elsewhere.

Wow that SAFER wall moved more than I've seen since McDowell's Texas 08 crash

Jeff Burton was really good at RCR until he fell off and Robby Gordon managed to get a couple of wins there. After Harvick left, they never bothered to get a top tier driver and let Austin lead the team. Austin isn't a top tier driver.
Jeff was decent at RCR, but if a “couple wins.” Is good, Austin’s got that as well. But RCR isn’t a top team. Harvick improved so much after leaving. I agree Austin isn’t w top tier driver, but we ain’t about to act like RCR is great. Like I said, 3 or 4 star team, maybe upper 3 star team.

Jeff was decent at RCR, but if a “couple wins.” Is good, Austin’s got that as well. But RCR isn’t a top team. Harvick improved so much after leaving. I agree Austin isn’t w top tier driver, but we ain’t about to act like RCR is great. Like I said, 3 or 4 star team, maybe upper 3 star team.
RCR was a top team when Dale was there. Austin isn’t a top driver, in any series.
RCR can compete on a top level. They haven’t had a top tier driver since Kevin left.

****!

I have to watch Saturday night's Red Sox/Yankees game on FOX!

****! ****! ****! ****!

****!

Dog crap network.
Be glad you can actually watch your team. I have to miss 95% of Braves games because I don’t get the network the games are on. I welcome when the Braves are on a Network I get.

I would say that they're a four star team. They're not the elite but it's not bad equipment.

But Jeff Burton had a good 3 year run after some down years at Roush. Dillon has never approached Burton at his absolute best at RCR.

RCR was a top team when Dale was there. Austin isn’t a top driver, in any series.
RCR can compete on a top level. They haven’t had a top tier driver since Kevin left.
Even then I truly think Dale got way more out of the team than they had. A great driver can make a good team look competitive.

I would say that they're a four star team. They're not the elite but it's not bad equipment.

But Jeff Burton had a good 3 year run after some down years at Roush. Dillon has never approached Burton at his absolute best at RCR.
Jeff Burton was my favorite driver for the longest, you don’t have to tell me anything about him haha. All I’m saying is Busch is so great, that he makes RCR look better. Same with Harvick and same with Earnhardt.

OH NO! we lost communication with Larry Mac

Burton actually “won” races. Dillon has literally dumped or backed into his.

I’ve always believed RCR can compete for a Cup with the right driver leading the way. Harv took on Johnson at his zenith twice in 06 and 10. Those guys don’t grow on trees obviously, but maybe Kyle Busch can be that guy for them.

Be glad you can actually watch your team. I have to miss 95% of Braves games because I don’t get the network the games are on. I welcome when the Braves are on a Network I get.
Don't know if you heard about the game today, but you missed a dam good one!

NASCAR needs to leave FOX behind. At this point their coverage is a hindrance to the sport's growth. Give it back to ESPN or see if CBS wants to jump back in.
Wow! You really do want to listen to Andy bitch and moan. This was his favorite banner when ESPN covered NASCAR.:espnsux:

I’ve always believed RCR can compete for a Cup with the right driver leading the way. Harv took on Johnson at his zenith twice in 06 and 10. Those guys don’t grow on trees obviously, but maybe Kyle Busch can be that guy for them.
This is basically all I’m saying here. Like they aren’t a horrible team, but they aren’t great either. The right driver and you’ll get what you’re getting from Kyle Busch

Back
Top Bottom