Cup RACE thread --- Indy

He told Alan to “get thinking about how we can be creative because you can’t ****ing pass anyone!”
His pass on Hamlin was because Hamlin pushed hard and screwed up turn 2.

That's the race today. It's why qualifying was so important imo.

Fortunately for the field, you can leave it to the 45 team and the 45 driver to figure out how to not take advantage of their HUGE pit road advantage

Definitely gonna take strategy to advance forward more than a few positions. Just doesn’t look like much movement early on in this one.

Trey: “Chase, the 11 can’t even pass the 34th place car so if you can figure out how to pass it’s game on!”
Chase: “yeah, if you can get me a defy physics button we’re good, but right now we’re f***ed.”

Man that's amazing
Trey: “Chase, the 11 can’t even pass the 34th place car so if you can figure out how to pass it’s game on!”
Chase: “yeah, if you can get me a defy physics button we’re good, but right now we’re f***ed.”

5 is wayyyy faster than the 11, as is the 12. Cant pass at all.

That blend line violation was all Alan Gustafson.

That's the only thing that makes me want to put this on Elliott / the 9 team. No one else did that. No one. So you have to assume that Elliott or Alan missunderstood *something* , right?

That's the only thing that makes me want to put this on Elliott / the 9 team. No one else did that. No one. So you have to assume that Elliott or Alan missunderstood *something* , right?
Brad, larson

I haven’t heard Chase melt down like this on the radio in years if not ever.
Well when you make a mistake during a green flag run it pisses you off and you have to throw blame at NASCAR

I dont know the only thing I am sure of is that Elliott had all four tires across the 2nd line. I dont see a controversy it was a clear violation.

But there is still a lot of time, the biggeet loss is the stage points imo.

4 full tires. Apparently. Evidently it wasn't communicated clearly based on how everyone is reacting to it.
Well Brad is claiming he had two on the line. Now idk if it’s two right or left lol. So I wanna see a replay of his.

I feel like common sense would tell you to stay below the white line. Otherwise, how in the heck would NASCAR determine what’s considered the racing surface?
'Racing surface' gots two-syllable words. Driver no understand. Say-um 'white line', then driver not know which line.

Give 'em a damn graphic highlighted in red and green. Take 'em out during the track walk and point to the boundaries.

Whether it was a misunderstanding or trying to exploit to gain an advantage, there seems to have been multiple teams and drivers that interpreted it the same way. Sounds like a grey area that was left by NASCAR.

I dont know the only thing I am sure of is that Elliott had all four tires across the 2nd line. I dont see a controversy it was a clear violation.

But there is still a lot of time, the biggeet loss is the stage points imo.

Stage 1 stage points. His car is fast and he can 2 tire against the fields 4 tires and maintain track position. Elliott was adamant about them doing something. I think we likely don't get a stage 2 yellow. 9 should have stayed out after this stage imo.

Whether it was a misunderstanding or trying to exploit to gain an advantage, there seems to have been multiple teams and drivers that interpreted it the same way. Sounds like a grey area that was left by NASCAR.

Yeah that's my point, and I totally agree with you. But 4 tires over the line seems a lot more black and white, doesn't it?

My questioning is rhetorical, this situation is confusing. But I can't fault Elliott for trying to make speed when it was so hard to pass. He was clearly faster than the 45. If passing wasn't an issue here, he doesn't commit that violation imo.

I rather have announcers who discuss the rules, over what happens on Fox where it would have just been mentioned, and no replay even shown.

This is awful. The best cars in the field can't overcome 20th place cars on old tires..Jesus man

Yeah that's my point, and I totally agree with you. But 4 tires over the line seems a lot more black and white, doesn't it?

My questioning is rhetorical, this situation is confusing. But I can't fault Elliott for trying to make speed when it was so hard to pass. He was clearly faster than the 45. If passing wasn't an issue here, he doesn't commit that violation imo.
I believe it 2 full tires, just like at Dega and Daytona

Back
Top Bottom