Cup RACE thread --- Kansas

First time I have had a hard time deciding if the Truck or the Cup race was the better race of the weekend. They were both great. nice to see.

Had to go to bed early last night, just woke up and finished it.

I can see both sides of the Clint/Jones thing. Honestly he’s lucky Clint was the one he did it to, certain other drivers wouldn’t have lifted and he would’ve went into the wall. But Jones also did what he had to do, he just got lucky with who it was to.

A plate race totally negates the other 99% of races I’m talking about. I don’t blame brad and Kyle for winning, I blame the young drivers for always coming up short. I wouldn’t give af if we didn’t consistently have to hear about how good they are and then see the same predictable results every week
Chase won Dover, the Glen and Kansas previously (3 complete different tracks) also beating last year’s Big 3 in the process and has proven he doesnt choke, that theory has been put to bed.

I don't think Bowman did anything wrong. Held him off pretty well considering how much faster the #2 actually was.
Yep, Bowman doesn't have anything to hang his head about. He drove an amazing race and has 3 second place finishes in a row at different style tracks...he didn't choke he just came up a little short imo. If they can keep giving him and Chase competitive cars then I predict a lot of wins for HMS this year. I also think Byron could possibly get a win this year. I may not be very popular for saying this but the Johnson combo is the weak link in the chain right now...but that could change at any minute. Now I think I will watch the video of the life of Rick Hendrick I bought at his museum a couple of days ago:)

Last edited:
Lolol I thought the race was today.

I just found out now that it was on last night

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

First time I have had a hard time deciding if the Truck or the Cup race was the better race of the weekend. They were both great. nice to see.

To show you how far off I am in understanding this "great racing" concept, I couldn't tell the difference in quality between what we had last year and this year. I always knew that I interfaced with the sport differently, but really, I anticipated coming to the board to listen to people complain about how awful it was, and I am getting the opposite. I am genuinely happy that people are happy, but I have no clue why.

Like Jones said it's hard racing.
Joe the shyster said a few weeks ago that he was family and apparently he knows what that means. This is the third or more race that he's been chop blocking and driving way over his head like he's trying to keep his job. If he keeps it up he probably won't finish many races still running.

I'm getting pretty tired of Clint complaining about everything. He wouldn't have had a problem if he would have been ahead of the Jones boy. The seas don't part just because the great Clint Boyer has a run. Like Jones said it's hard racing.

I'll take Bowyer sound bites all week and twice on Sundays, but I agree "the seas don't part just because the great Clint Boyer has a run". Just good hard racing with this package on a shootout restart, Jones can't lift or give.

It's just my opinion, but I thought the Truck race was a lot better. Both races were actually pretty similar, with a lot of 'action' and intensity. But as a low-level minor league event, I don't object so much to the Truckers having anemic power and excessive drag and downforce. At the Cup level, I expect more focus on a driver skill meritocracy. Just my $0.02.

I wonder who thought Kez was going to win the race at the beginning of stage 3? Not me, I had wrote him off long before that. And a race where pit strategy (fuel and tires) made a difference. That hasn't happened much lately.

I wonder who thought Kez was going to win the race at the beginning of stage 3? Not me, I had wrote him off long before that. And a race where pit strategy (fuel and tires) made a difference. That hasn't happened much lately.
and for the pointers out of all D.W's mistakes, D.W. called out Paul Wolfe/Kez's pit move long before anybody was thinking about it. ;)

That is how he wins races

I thought it was one of the better races in recent memory. The track allowed multiple ways to pass and team strategy came into play.

I agree, and Kenseth was roasted for it....but now, it's okay? Weird.
Kenseth was roasted for it because he idiotically threatened Joey and the made good on his threat.

Now looks who's racing and who is not.

NASCAR has been quite clear -- they prefer, accept, and expect drivers to sort out position (especially late in a race) between drivers on track and not by Race Control using stewards/review/etc like other top racing series (including the Kentucky Derby).

Bowyer still doesn't get it -- MTJ and KyBu will p***-and-moan about it...

Use up your competitor during the race, not afterward. And don't even think about pleading your case to the audience sitting outside of Victory Lane. Nobody at NASCAR cares and the audience/mob's opinion is fickle and irrelevant.

Had to go to bed early last night, just woke up and finished it.

I can see both sides of the Clint/Jones thing. Honestly he’s lucky Clint was the one he did it to, certain other drivers wouldn’t have lifted and he would’ve went into the wall. But Jones also did what he had to do, he just got lucky with who it was to.
Why do you go to bed so early? You sound like an old man.

I'm getting pretty tired of Clint complaining about everything. He wouldn't have had a problem if he would have been ahead of the Jones boy. The seas don't part just because the great Clint Boyer has a run. Like Jones said it's hard racing.

The way Custer is running this year I think Clint May be feeling some pressure

I agree, and Kenseth was roasted for it....but now, it's okay? Weird.
No, Kenseth was roasted for chop blocking then crying like a 2 year old and retaliating after someone decided to not lift and cut him a break. What Jones did was “racing,” but if Bowyer had decided to not lift and turned him into the wall, that would also have been “racing.”

Kenseth was roasted for it because he idiotically threatened Joey and the made good on his threat.

Now looks who's racing and who is not.

Thinking more Matt v. Kahne in Vegas.

No, Kenseth was roasted for chop blocking then crying like a 2 year old and retaliating after someone decided to not lift and cut him a break. What Jones did was “racing,” but if Bowyer had decided to not lift and turned him into the wall, that would also have been “racing.”

:idunno:

Joe the shyster said a few weeks ago that he was family and apparently he knows what that means. This is the third or more race that he's been chop blocking and driving way over his head like he's trying to keep his job. If he keeps it up he probably won't finish many races still running.

This Gibbs "family" stuff is like a mafia movie scene where the mob boss kisses the guy on the cheek right before they take him out back and blow his brains out.

Back
Top Bottom