Cup RACE thread ---- Kansas

He he he

Ha Ha Ha

Buh bye Blue Dooche

Chase ************* Elliott!

Sucks for Brad. Chase got lucky there he was toast and owes Brad a big thanks, but he got in a spot there and executed like he needed to.

Denny outdrove the 18 and the 9 there. Best driving he's ever done, no one was beating him today. That's not the Denny we came to know. Good for him.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

This is unlike the Hamlin from his previous championship contending years.

He's on it right now.
Yup, I know people are stoked about the playoffs implications but can we talk about this?

Denny is poised this year. He was outdriving Kyle on older tires. If he can do that, no one was beating him today. This may be the best he's ever been.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Hamlin won... ok
checkeredflag.gif

Chase advances!!! Wooowhoooooooooo :bounce:

Happy to see Chase advance to the next round. The 9 team deserved to make it at least to the Round of 8, so I see the racing gods dealt a little bit of a hand of justice today.

Certainly didn't expect it to come at Keselowski's expense!

I'm happy to see Kurt grind out a top-five! Jimmie squeaked by in the top ten just at the last.

I believe that caution with the #43 robbed us of a great finish and I'm glad it didn't save Keselowski. Other than that, kind of uneventful.

“Win and you're in” is a joke.

Keselowski has more wins in 2019 than Blaney and Larson combined but look who's moving on.
Yeah, its a mess to an extent.

Keselowski will get a second championship sooner than later, but its going to be difficult in this current format.

Happy Denny won and Chase advanced. As good as Denny has been this year, and as good as he is at the next 4 tracks, I think this is his year

I'm not invested in the playoffs drama, but to point out the obvious, Hamlin and Busch and Elliott were all past the S/F line before the yellow came out.

Last edited:
Chase should bring Blaney a 12-pack for flattening his right side with 15 to go

I'm not invested in the playoffs drama, but to point out the obvious, Hamlin and Busch and Elliott were all past the S/F line before the yellow came out.

You know, whatever. But by their own rules...

They showed the replay and showed the yellow light was on at the S/F line right before Hamlin crossed.

I think NBC used its slow-motion camera and zoomed in on Hamlin was a nose before the S/F line.

I can understand the frustration though because it did seem like at normal speed the flag was out after they crossed the line.

If Brad wanted to advance, he should have dumped the #17, the playoff system encourages that crap
Then you could argue that Chase should’ve dumped the 2 when he was lapping him. Both knew there’d be payback and neither driver races that way.

Except the video evidence that the light was on when Hamlin was a half car length from the line still.

I agree, but what kills that conspiracy is the fact that Chase was in on points before caution, but Brad gained enough spots on pit road to cover it and get back in. Bad luck on restart doomed 2, but he was already out if they threw caution after white.

Except the video evidence that the light was on when Hamlin was a half car length from the line still.

They showed the replay and showed the yellow light was on at the S/F line right before Hamlin crossed.

I think NBC used its slow-motion camera and zoomed in on Hamlin was a nose before the S/F line.

I can understand the frustration though because it did seem like at normal speed the flag was out after they crossed the line.

Thank you, my bad.

I agree, but what kills that conspiracy is the fact that Chase was in on points before caution, but Brad gained enough spots on pit road to cover it and get back in. Bad luck on restart doomed 2, but he was already out if they threw caution after white.

To be clear, I wasn't suggesting any conspiracy in this instance beyond "more entertainment".

And we have morons spouting conspiracy nonsense about how "nAscAr fixEd The racE tO ensURE THeir "gOldEN Boy AdVANces." Brad lost 5 spots in 2 laps, Chase outdrove him plain and simple

Thank you, my bad.

To be clear, I wasn't suggesting any conspiracy in this instance beyond "more entertainment".
No worries. I’m just very sensitive to anything that potentially benefits Chase because, as an objective observer, I’d point it out if it were any other driver. As I’ve said before, I don’t deny that NASCAR would prefer having their most popular driver in contention during the stretch run.

This is unlike the Hamlin from his previous championship contending years.

He's on it right now.
I really want to know what has changed in his psyche or his driving. This is beyond impressive. After going winless last year, and before seeing how the TRD/Leavine situation played out, I had him pegged for seeing his way out at JGR post-2019. He has earned five wins this year, most of them in rather clutch fashion. Texas was unbelievable.

Back
Top Bottom