Cup RACE thread --- Kansas

It was also a race where the 19 gave it away on pit road and the 11 had an issue as well. Kyle had had a similar drought twice in his career.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Yeah, he’s had a few slumps in his career. 2012 was probably his worst year at JGR.

oh man, Preece had a long time to think about hitting the wall, Bell did a heck of a job keeping his car out of the wall..and the screaming Gerbils did what they do.

oh man, Preece had a long time to think about hitting the wall, Bell did a heck of a job keeping his car out of the wall..and the screaming Gerbils did what they do.

Thanks for putting that video on here, StandOnIt. I'm usually at the slot car track during the races lately and they don't get NBCSP so I didn't see the race. That was an ugly crash...thank god for the SB.

Yeah, he’s had a few slumps in his career. 2012 was probably his worst year at JGR.
Mhmm. Which is what I've been saying. It's just a slumpish year. In the context of his entire cup career, there's nothing about this season. It's just an off year where he's struggled to win and find speed. It's happened two other seasons. Not a sign of anything catastrophic imo, just part of the challenges of being an elite cup team.

Mhmm. Which is what I've been saying. It's just a slumpish year. In the context of his entire cup career, there's nothing about this season. It's just an off year where he's struggled to win and find speed. It's happened two other seasons. Not a sign of anything catastrophic imo, just part of the challenges of being an elite cup team.

2012 was probably the worst season of his career but for some context he had plenty of spee, just no luck. Had Watkins Glen won before he drove into oil that NASCAR apparently didn't care about which set up the classic Ambrose/Keselowski battle. Then he should've won 3 of the chase races at Dover, homestead, and Phoenix. Dominated all 3, lost Dover and homestead due to fuel mileage, and Phoenix due to late yellows and the closer getting him on the final restart. This season, he just has no speed, similar mainly to 2014

Erik Jones quietly gets a top 5.

he was really taking care of that car too. I had that ‘battle camera’ from NASCARs site turned on... and one of the late restarts the hornets nest was forming around him... but he got the car out of what could be a bad situation... he had speed. Would have loved to see him get that clean air up front.

I’ll take a top 5 any day!

Back
Top Bottom