Cup RACE thread --- Las Vegas

Discussion in 'NASCAR chat' started by TexasRaceLady, Mar 3, 2019.

1. ChexOrWrex

ChexOrWrex Ya gotta wanna

Wow. The first few seconds of that clip he blames himself for throwing it away on pitroad. Listen dude. Unbridled agenda gets nowhere.

FLRacingFan likes this.
  2. Ventisca

Ventisca Team Owner Contributor

Working that Sippy-Cup -- all part of the coping process, like worry-beads...

Spotter22 likes this.
  3. FearThe4

FearThe4 Team Owner

judging by all the bitching on twitter I think thats what the fans on there wants aswell which sucks.

FLRacingFan likes this.
  4. Spotter22

Spotter22 Team Owner

He coudlnt pass the top 2 or 3 cars because he wasnt fast enough.

carolinabuff and StandOnIt like this.
  5. Spotter22

Spotter22 Team Owner

Hes an embarrasment. Kyle this is Cup, not trucks or Xfinity with 18-25 year olds. Man up.

mack, carolinabuff and StandOnIt like this.
  6. TexasRaceLady

TexasRaceLady Plank Owner Contributor

Bob Pockrass‏Verified account @bobpockrass
    I asked O'Donnell about the penalties to the crewmen for the hand in the pit box being counted as another crewman over the wall, and if there is a reason hands are considered the same as feet and he said NASCAR called it the way rule is written & will go back & take a look at it.

7. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

used to be none of the reporters could catch up to him after races..He's come a long way..Nascar changing their policies this year making drivers accessible for 15 minutes afterwards might be it though. And like the two year old who has been told no, he lashes out and bites the hand that feeds him. Wow.:D:p

8. TexasRaceLady

TexasRaceLady Plank Owner Contributor

Jeff Gluck‏Verified account @jeff_gluck
    Joey Logano is shocked when @CandiceSpencer tells him some people on Twitter didn’t like the racing: “I don’t know what else to tell you. When you have cars racing side-by-side to the start/finish line after 100 laps, what else do you want? They’re just trolls on Twitter, man.”

Jeff Gluck‏Verified account @jeff_gluck
    .@joeylogano calls the package “a big thumbs up for the sport” and says it was “a great race.” His reasoning is it’s not often there’s that long of a green flag run and the cars are still close.

Flyer22 and StandOnIt like this.
  9. carolinabuff

carolinabuff Team Owner

10. gnomesayin

gnomesayin Team Owner

Kyle won the first COT race and slammed the cars and said they suck. Yes he's a man baby, but he's also willing to call a spade a spade, as he sees it. It isn't difficult to figure out why most of the drivers would prefer not to drone around WFO.

FLRacingFan and Turtle84 like this.
  11. sdj

sdj Just a race fan

As before, clean air rules.

12. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

13. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

As before, clean air rules.
    according to Kryle. I don't know why anybody takes Kryle's opinion after he is in temper tantrum mode and is made to talk to the press. 1 and 2 improved 29 spots. Kurt from 28 to leading a bunch of laps. AND the stats below. ;) Ever notice how great the cars/trucks are when KDB wins in the little leagues?

Flyer22, Rpmx and Spotter22 like this.
  14. Nitro Dude

Nitro Dude Hauler Driver and Cylinder Head Maintenance

I'm happy to see that Bowman is the 3rd best finish for Chevy and 2nd for HMS. I would have liked to seen where he would have finished if he had not had to pit because he rubbed the wall.

15. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

16. kyle18fan

kyle18fan Proud member of Rowdy Nation Contributor

Nascar has been working overtime to change the property's of air, rumor has it that they will do so in 2020. Racing in a complete vacuum has been suggested by the top brass

17. kyle18fan

Sooner or later, Kyle will win a cup race, I have the faith :booya: I remember him almost winning one some years ago, I was really excited :headbang:

CaptainHiTop likes this.
  18. BobbyFord

BobbyFord Resident Gearhead Contributor

Hmmm...seems like the plate racing isn’t popular among all of the fans.

19. Nitro Dude

Nitro Dude Hauler Driver and Cylinder Head Maintenance

There will never be any kind of racing that is going to be popular amongst all of the fans.

Pat, Johali, Flyer22 and 2 others like this.
  20. BobbyFord

Plate racing is already controversial among fans so let’s have it at every track. :)

21. Spotter22

Spotter22 Team Owner

Oh I know he wins, but he also whines like a child when he loses:punkrocke

22. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

and he loses a whole lot more then he wins. So yeah more tears will fall, and it won't be his fault for muffing the pit stop. Hell, last week he missed the whole pit entry. I think the press had his head so puffed up with his two little league wins that he thought the Cup race was going to be easy and they would just pull over for him to pass. :p

Johali and mack like this.
  23. kyle18fan

His job is to drive race cars, he does that very very well. My experience with him is that he treats his fans very well too. I don't ever want to see him happy about losing

CaptainHiTop and BobbyFord like this.
  24. Ventisca

Pressure got to KyBu.

Funny, that's the same pit road entry Logano knocked him down in the "Everything Is Great" incident.

25. Spotter22

Spotter22 Team Owner

Sure was funny today watching people whine about the racing in the first 30 laps yet all that seemed to disappear going in to the final stage. Its sad that some people pre judge something before letting it play out, especially people who claim to follow the sport and who write about it and try to influence the fans who watch. If they werent personally satisfied they bellyache and complain. I personally will at least give it several attempts before I form an opinion. Maybe those in the "so called media" should do the same. In other words, stop killing our sport.

mack likes this.
  26. Spotter22

Spotter22 Team Owner

Hes a great driver, but a whiner when he loses. Its always the car, the crew, the rules etc.....

mack likes this.
  27. kyle18fan

He could be more like the driver of the 48 I guess ..... but then he wouldn't be Kyle Busch and I wouldn't be a fan

Clutch likes this.
  28. Ventisca

the new braking system

Flyer22 likes this.
  29. Spotter22

Spotter22 Team Owner

a 7 time champ???

Johali, Flyer22, mack and 1 other person like this.
  30. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

Oh, I thought it was their nap time when they disappeared :idunno:Whatever it was it was a fairly pleasant race thread, couple of em were still awake, babbling about something or other

mack and Spotter22 like this.
  31. kyle18fan

I am disappointed that you didn't show 48 with his trophy's .......... I prefer the 2 time Bristol sweep story line. To each his own I guess

CaptainHiTop likes this.
  32. Spotter22

Spotter22 Team Owner

Trophys? I know he didnt whine.

33. kyle18fan

I never noticed what he does, he bores me to sleep. Did he race today ? I never saw him :idunno:

Clutch likes this.
  34. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

New leader 2bam2

Fordracing7 likes this.
  35. BobbyFord

Johnson’s winning days are over.

36. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

37. DaBiff1618

DaBiff1618 Team Owner

Rowdy and Logano fan here, happy Logano won, but I gotta be honest that’s one of the most boring races I’ve seen in a while.

38. Fordracing7

Fordracing7 2018 Pick em Champion

I don't understand how people think that was more boring than the previous package? Because there was no crashes or restarts? Seriously a lot intense racing and a lot of passes throughout the field...the cream still rose to the top the only drawback is the fact that the leader is extremely hard to pass, but not impossible at all!

39. DaBiff1618

DaBiff1618 Team Owner

I think for me the fact the cars are so easy to drive and the lack of speed are what is killing me. If they’re not gonna run in a pack why slow the cars down so much? I’d rather just have a package like we had in the Xfinity race then. It’s early though hopefully it will improve with time

40. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck