Cup RACE thread --- Las Vegas

I absolutely freaking love what this is doing for the championship race going forward. :cool: 👍 This is going to get real interesting. What big name(s) that we think of as shoe-ins will be on the outside looking in?

Will soon be time to bump some off-season threads featuring hot takes about how Hendrick should have considered this or that mediocre (at the Cup level) driver instead.

Kyle is really getting along well with Beshore. Won the Clash, had a top 4 going at the RC with no front fender before the late yellow, and finishes of 9th and 3rd the last two weeks after struggling to start the race. He’s actually getting faster during races. The w is coming soon

Ev6uPlnXcAE81ra

Wow Larson put it on them. Jones boy 10th

View attachment 54369
Yep, he sure did...Larson is doing what he does best and that is win... But another bad end results for Bowman from no fault of his own. I don't have any doubt things will turn around... but I hope it is pretty soon. Byron is doing pretty good so far, and Chase will be fine he just needs to relax a little and not push so hard. He caused an accident in the clash, then he spun out in the Daytona road course, and then lost it due to some turbulence today. But, overall HMS is looking pretty strong right now.

Last edited:
See 2 weeks ago. We haven't escaped that era, all they need is the slightest excuse.
This. It makes me extra salty that they threw the “stinking up the show” caution then for a rainbow and let it play out the last two weeks. If they were consistent, HMS is 3 for 4 and we’re talking rule changes behind the scenes.

If he keeps up the way he has been performing and the maturity he has shown since joining HMS I wouldn't be surprised to see him take over as the lead driver at HMS in the future. I don't see Larson replacing Chase as the most popular driver to the fans but I can see him replacing Chase as the lead driver at HMS...especially if he starts attracting sponsorships.

If he keeps up the way he has been performing and the maturity he has shown since joining HMS I wouldn't be surprised to see him take over as the lead driver at HMS in the future. I don't see Larson replacing Chase as the most popular driver to the fans but I can see him replacing Chase as the lead driver at HMS...especially if he starts attracting sponsorships.
Jimmie and Jeff, Vol. 2, only it's Chase and Kyle! Yes!

It’s obvious that the era of the big team seems to be back. Hendrick and Gibbs are way above the rest of the field at the moment. It’s not even close right now

I'm afraid shr is revealing there true colors. Harvick and childers have given the illusion of them being a dominant team. Minus thier magic, the team has been pretty mediocre.

Last edited:
I finally got to read what Bowman said about his car today. He cut a left rear tire which I think is what Bowyer and Jeff had said. He said his car was pretty fast in clean air but was unstable in dirty air which is why I saw it getting a little squirrely at times when in heavy traffic. Chase must have had the same issue when he hit turbulence and got out of shape and spun. The one thing I really like about Bowman and Elliott is they never blame their crew chief or crew when they are not running good or have bad pit stops. They both make me proud to say I'm one of their fans.

I like Larson, but cmon lol it’s way too early to be speculating he’s the top dog at HMS. Chase dominated the road course and got robbed by a bogus yellow. And just won the title. Larson won one race. Same as Byron
The hivemind has spoken. It's best to not resist.

I like Larson, but cmon lol it’s way too early to be speculating he’s the top dog at HMS. Chase dominated the road course and got robbed by a bogus yellow. And just won the title. Larson won one race. Same as Byron

A lot of it stems from his huge 2017 when he had 4 wins and 20 Top 10’s in a Ganassi car.

I agree though with this, Chase a short track/road course expert who consistently performs on the toughest places to drive at

Due to having family obligations yesterday, I wasn’t able to log on and watch the race with everyone here but it was good to see Larson win. I actually thought he would be a contender at Atlanta in two weeks, didn’t expect him to win Vegas. HMS has a hell of a stable, it’s about time and I’m excited to see each driver contend each week. As for Larson being numero uno at HMS? How quickly we forget Chase is the reigning, defending, undisputed champion....he’s the alpha at Hendrick(s) until further notice. Kyle is going to get his wins though as well as Byron. I also expect Bowman to get it together. Let’s go.

Reactions: Pat
Chase has proven that his team can win on any type of track and to be clutch when needed.

Larson’s career is riddled with choking in key moments and only performing on standard cookie cutters.

Larson is very talented but if they have any hope of unseating Elliott as the best contender at HMS, they need to step up to the plate at short tracks, road courses and superspeedways.

Stewart-Haas must have missed the setup entirely because they were about as uncompetitive as I've ever seen them.

Hopefully, they can rebound at Pheonix.

Harvick and Childers can only hold the mantle for so long, someone is going to eventually have to step up.
Childers said on the DJD that he'd maybe like to CC for Blaney down the road. Maybe once Harv walks away they try and reel him over to SHR once Penske inevitably gives his seat to Cindric in a couple years lol.

The gap is nuts. Holy crap.

Outside of Gordon and Johnson...12!?

That's gonna change soon. With the two top dogs on, it's a new era. HMS will climb back to the heap.

The winningest Hms driver has 12 wins and a title. The other three drivers and teams must feel that success is well within grasp. Larson and Chase are gonna win races and Championships, and HMS is going to take over, imo.

So stoked for Larson.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

That’s pretty crazy Chase is already top 5 in wins at HMS and 2 away from top 3. Just goes to show how high Jeff and then Jimmie set the bar there.
It gave me apprehension about what this team could do outside of them. Rick was lucky to have the two modern era GOATS, without them, they're no better than Roush.

But as it turns out, Jeff and Jimmie moving on seems to really have done wonders for this team's potential. The ridiculously high bar does not seem there anymore as I just mentioned, Your top driver is a 6th year (holy crap) champion with 12 wins. And he's very young. That success is way more grounded and I believe Elliot's success last year with Gordon and Johnson now out of the picture is going to do wonders for not only the organization but the overall confidence of the teams.

I think it's going to be a new era of all time greats at HMS in Elliot and Larson. And Byron and Bowman will consistently be race winners and playoff drivers.

I know we don't want to jump the shark, but Larson's talents are inevitable. Cliff is a great pair for him.

Due to having family obligations yesterday, I wasn’t able to log on and watch the race with everyone here but it was good to see Larson win. I actually thought he would be a contender at Atlanta in two weeks, didn’t expect him to win Vegas. HMS has a hell of a stable, it’s about time and I’m excited to see each driver contend each week. As for Larson being numero uno at HMS? How quickly we forget Chase is the reigning, defending, undisputed champion....he’s the alpha at Hendrick(s) until further notice. Kyle is going to get his wins though as well as Byron. I also expect Bowman to get it together. Let’s go.
I agree with everything you are saying. As far as Larson...no one is saying he is number 1 at HMS and he may never be. I just said it wouldn't surprise me if he was sometime in the future. The reason I said that is because he is in very good equipment now and we have seen how close he came to winning so many times in lesser equipment. I was talking about years down the road but who really knows if Larson or Chase will even still be there years down the road. But it is good to see other Chase fans come to his defense. I doubt either one of them even gives it a second thought. :)

It's good to see all three manufacturers competitive, good for the series. Way more want to see that than one team or driver winning all of the time, it keeps everybody coming back. Way more popular when it is a close race than a single file snorefest. Harder to do it that way, plenty of single file races still happen, but something to shoot for and a heck of a race when it happens.

I agree with everything you are saying. As far as Larson...no one is saying he is number 1 at HMS and he may never be. I just said it wouldn't surprise me if he was sometime in the future. The reason I said that is because he is in very good equipment now and we have seen how close he came to winning so many times in lesser equipment. I was talking about years down the road but who really knows if Larson or Chase will even still be there years down the road. But it is good to see other Chase fans come to his defense. I doubt either one of them even gives it a second thought. :)
I actually think they have a budding friendship which is good. Chase had that with Jimmie but didn't have it with Byron and Bowman for whatever reason. They seemed to have talked a lot over the offseason, especially about the dirt racing stuff. Chase really likes it and they have a common bond over that now. We might have us a Shake n' Bake duo on our hands.

It gave me apprehension about what this team could do outside of them. Rick was lucky to have the two modern era GOATS, without them, they're no better than Roush.

But as it turns out, Jeff and Jimmie moving on seems to really have done wonders for this team's potential. The ridiculously high bar does not seem there anymore as I just mentioned, Your top driver is a 6th year (holy crap) champion with 12 wins. And he's very young. That success is way more grounded and I believe Elliot's success last year with Gordon and Johnson now out of the picture is going to do wonders for not only the organization but the overall confidence of the teams.

I think it's going to be a new era of all time greats at HMS in Elliot and Larson. And Byron and Bowman will consistently be race winners and playoff drivers.

I know we don't want to jump the shark, but Larson's talents are inevitable. Cliff is a great pair for him.

I always thought Larson would kill it at HMS, the top Chevy team. It's only 1 win and not even 1/4 of the way through his first season there but hes been competitive in every race thus far. I have great optimism that he is going to do well however long his career is at Rick's.

I always thought Larson would kill it at HMS, the top Chevy team. It's only 1 win and not even 1/4 of the way through his first season there but hes been competitive in every race thus far. I have great optimism that he is going to do well however long his career is at Rick's.
I'm just really so fascinated as to what the future of this organization will look like.

Back
Top Bottom