Cup RACE thread --- Martinsville

Harvick and Kyle finish top10 ahead of Blaney.... unbelievable. Wild Race. Congrats Truex man didn't even have to move Hamlin to win it, crazy good.

It really says something that it always seems to come down to Logano, Hamlin, Truex and Elliott

Denny has that same drive off that Johnson always had. Almost impossible to pass without using him as a leaning post.
Yeah, except ones a Champion, and the other can't find that 5th gear.

This was 07, except the leader just wasn't quite good enough.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

The 9 was the best car today and deserved to win, without racing for the lead and leading a single lap. Despite falling from 2.9-5.2 seconds off the lead before that last caution. So fast that it defies logic.

The 9 was the best car today and deserved to win, without racing for the lead and leading a single lap. Despite falling from 2.9-5.2 seconds off the lead before that last caution. So fast that it defies logic.

Right on cue, Chase says that he faded over the long run

The leaders were racing for the lead, in traffic, Chase lost over 2 seconds that run and was holding up both the 5 and 20. Top 6 car for sure. But he clearly wasn't as fast.

tenor.gif

Ryan and the 12 team really needs to start putting consistent and full races together. Winning run, top 5 run or top 10 run..doesn't matter. Just need to figure it out.

Sigh... congrats to MTJ. At least it wasn’t Denny. I’m taking this as a positive in that expectations have changed so that this is a really, really disappointing season so far. A rainbow caution cost Chase a sure win at Daytona road, then the car falls off the Jack at Vegas and ruins the aero on a potential winning car, now pit issues and calls today. Could have 3 wins, but they’re still on the outside looking in. Frustration for sure.

I was being sarcastic with that second post dude ;) I was saying that Chase wasn't as fast as the 12, and he even confirmed it in that post race interview, saying that be didn't have the pace after 25-30 laps to win. That's all.

All in all, this was a blast of a race. Gave me a headache lol

Can't believe I'm about to say it. But Truex drove like a Champion.

Car was absolutely better, but they dialed that car in when it matter and Truex did his job, and did it cleanly.

You’re coming around! 😛

You’re coming around!
The enjoyment and humor in watching Hamlin blow it outweighed it.

I've definitely eased up on Truex this past year or so ;)

No criticism from me tonight. He and the entire team were flawless tonight. Today? Tonight? Whatever. Lol

Nice... 3 HMS cars in the top 5. May have been 4 if the 48 wheel didn't come loose. But still a great day for HMS and Chevy. Congrats to MTJ. :dpepsi:

Nice... 3 HMS cars in the top 5. May have been 4 if the 48 wheel didn't come loose. But still a great day for HMS and Chevy. :dpepsi:
Holy moly, the the 24 and 5 finished in the top 5?

It's a team sport alright, everyone has to do their part.

I could understand if Blaney went through too many boxes or speeds, but his crew let him down at the most important time.
Still don’t know what would’ve happened on the track without the penalty. He ran into the 9 leaving the box, did he leave early? Who knows. Those guys put themselves in a bad spot on that last stop.

The enjoyment and humor in watching Hamlin blow it outweighed it.

I've definitely eased up on Truex this past year or so ;)

No criticism from me tonight. He and the entire team were flawless tonight. Today? Tonight? Whatever. Lol

Oh yeah. Denny gaffes unite us all!

I don't think there's a race track that is so beneficial to a driver in a particular organization than Martinsville and HMS.

So much success. It's no surprise that Larson ran well.

Larson is so good. If he can not choke, he may be in the finale.

I don't think HMS ever won back to back titles with different drivers, have they?

Oh yeah. Denny gaffes unite us all!
The funny thing is, I LIKE Denny and don't mind when he wins. I'd love for him to win an elusive cup.

But I feel like tooling on Denny's lack of awareness and inability to execute against Championship drivers when it matters has become a sort of inside joke in the NASCAR fandom lol

Back
Top Bottom