Cup RACE thread ---- Michigan, Rd. 2

I know you always end the hyper criticisms with "but I like the guy".

It's just weird you have as much bad to say about him as good. He's obviously an incredible talent.

Of course, because it's true. You can like someone and still criticize them lol. He is a kid in a big time sport, it's natural. I just don't like how his immaturity shows up at times, hence the criticism, and when it's fresh, I'd rather not see him win. I think he will be money was he creeps on 30, as I've said before and I'm sure I'll be a big fan.

I didn't like Brad's behavior when he was younger either. Now, I love the guy.

Blaney, Chase, and Jones are young too, different demeanors though.

Truex, I don't like. I will admit that.

Kyle showed skill, and won a race in a clutch situation with a car not capable of winning, and handled it well. I LOVE that. Best thing I've seen him do in a cup car and he handled it with excitement. He struggled to close races, today, he got it done. I like it.

As far as I recall...... only one lap matters..... the money lap........ that's the one he led..... and done it in fine form....
you can get slick all you want, I was watching Larson all day on the leader board. He got all the breaks, had fresh tires because of a caution, had a late caution, started on the top row. He played it all very well. But they don't have the speed they had three races ago.

you can get slick all you want, I was watching Larson all day on the leader board. He got all the breaks, had fresh tires because of a caution, had a late caution, started on the top row. He played it all very well. But they don't have the speed they had three races ago.
I just don't see how you can discount the kid and what he has done this year...... So you think he should have been penalized for getting the breaks. fresh tires and a caution?...... I thought this was Nascar racing ....... your favorite driver.... (and I don't know who that might be)...... never got any breaks.... (i.e. luckier than a 3 peckered dog)....... I bet if he did...... you didn't cry and whine about it........

Larson is a driver I root for, but like he just said he "kinda stole one". Also said he though they had a "10th place car".

He has also lost several because he didn't get "the breaks". It happens both ways in racing to everybody.

With these cars, I love these wins. His car wasnt good. And he drove it and beat the best car.

Loved Denny's win at NH.

Also, damn, I didn't realize how small Kyle is
I think he's listed at 5'5", but I have seen him in person and he looks about 5'3". It almost looked like he was sitting down in that booth and the others standing.

He's right.

I'd like to remind everyone tho of the kind of interviews today's race winner was giving after races 2 years ago. Same boat.

I've always had a show me mentality when it comes to sports. Anyone can talk. Back up the talk with performance.

Larson has always had undeniable talent. But the first couple of the years, the hype outdrew the results. He's really come into his own this year. We're looking at another superstar about to go on a tear.

Chase is in the same boat. Only a fool would deny that the kid can wheel a racecar. But its time for the results to backup up the talk. He's been given unfair expectations by the media and the fans because of his last name, and the car and team he drives for (gee whiz this sounds familiar..) He'll get his breakthrough win soon. He's young, only in his 2nd Cup season.

He has also lost several because he didn't get "the breaks". It happens both ways in racing to everybody.

He lost some by being beat, and not executing in clutch. This time, he did. Finally

I've always had a show me mentality when it comes to sports. Anyone can talk. Back up the talk with performance.

Larson has always had undeniable talent. But the first couple of the years, the hype outdrew the results. He's really come into his own this year. We're looking at another superstar about to go on a tear.

Chase is in the same boat. Only a fool would deny that the kid can wheel a racecar. But its time for the results to backup up the talk. He's been given unfair expectations by the media and the fans because of his last name, and the car and team he drives for (gee whiz this sounds familiar..) He'll get his breakthrough win soon. He's young, only in his 2nd Cup season.

I can see this.

I still think the great champions of this uocoming era are gonna be Byron, Larson, and Blaney

I think he's listed at 5'5", but I have seen him in person and he looks about 5'3". It almost looked like he was sitting down in that booth and the others standing.

He can be a jocky

He lost some by being beat, and not executing in clutch. This time, he did. Finally
A lot of those he lost on late restarts he had been dominating the race, Dover and Homestead come to mind. Restarts are brutal at this level and I really hate seeing so many late cautions and this stupid overtime, even though it worked out for him today.

I just don't see how you can discount the kid and what he has done this year...... So you think he should have been penalized for getting the breaks. fresh tires and a caution?...... I thought this was Nascar racing ....... your favorite driver.... (and I don't know who that might be)...... never got any breaks.... (i.e. luckier than a 3 peckered dog)....... I bet if he did...... you didn't cry and whine about it........

I wish I could like this post 100 times as you hit the nail on the head in EVERY regard with it.

I think you have to ask yourself is there enough history to give credence to Bill Parcells classic quote "You are what your record says". Enough with the excuses for a few races here or there. Looking back at the entire body of work what would you say?

For guys like Larson and Truex you can give them a positive rating and trajectory. Comparatively you can look at Danica or Jr and they performed well below expectations.

Maybe Chase should quit and go back to late models.

BTW, where was Larson at 1.5 years into cup?

Did Larson not have fresher tires than the people he passed?

Pettys full of ****. Elliott didn't have a chance to advance his position the last restart. First he was on the bottom of a one lane track, and second he was too busy trying to save himself while Kenseth was taking his crap in front of him. Kenseth lost something like 23 points after he finished, Chase was able to only loose three places.

Reactions: Pat
Pettys full of sh!t. Elliott didn't have a chance to advance his position the last restart. First he was on the bottom of a one lane track, and second he was too busy trying to save himself while Kenseth was taking his crap in front of him. Kenseth lost something like 23 points after he finished, Chase was able to only loose three places.
Some people are to soon to jump on the kid, I guess they don't look at the complete picture.
Where was the rest of HMS gang, because they don't have winning Cars.

The 24 was wrecking loose, just like the 48.

Elliott stayed up in the lead pack all day long. Finishing 8th was one of his lower positions all day. If there wasn't the last caution Elliott would have finished third and as usual the Toyotas who are about 5 tenths faster would be one and two. Almost impossible to be any higher than that unless something happens.

A lot of those he lost on late restarts he had been dominating the race, Dover and Homestead come to mind. Restarts are brutal at this level and I really hate seeing so many late cautions and this stupid overtime, even though it worked out for him today.

But it still classifies as executing and putting a race together. Homestead, Bristol, and Dover he was beat in the end. There was another few as well. Atlanta, was beat by BK.
Experience pays off.

Some of these guys have had years to build a superior skillset inside a cup car. Today, his skillset got it done.

The best earned win he's had. He agrees I guess.

Elliott stayed up in the lead pack all day long. Finishing 8th was one of his lower positions all day. If there wasn't the last caution Elliott would have finished third and as usual the Toyotas who are about 5 tenths faster would be one and two. Almost impossible to be any higher than that unless something happens.

I get that, but restarts are part of the sport. They happen. You HAVE to execute.

Some people are to soon to jump on the kid, I guess they don't look at the complete picture.
Where was the rest of HMS gang, because they don't have winning Cars.

The 24 was wrecking loose, just like the 48.

Well the difference is the 48 has three wins, had top 5 speed early on, and their summer speed is never to be taken seriously.

Of course Chase will win, but the criticism absolutely has a leg to stand on whether people like it or not.

yeah Elliott should have put in in 4 wheel and drove over over Kenseth :confused:

What about the previous restart? He couldn't stay on the 78 on the gas

I'm not talking about where he finished. I'm talking about not being able to mix it up for the win

Well the difference is the 48 has three wins, had top 5 speed early on, and their summer speed is never to be taken seriously.

Of course Chase will win, but the criticism absolutely has a leg to stand on whether people like it or not.

The criticism is find by me, but how was Larson running 1.5 years into cup?

your having a tough time grasping the fact the the two Yotas in front of all of them were 3 to 5 tenths faster on the lap meter. That is the last lap with Larson out in clean air. Truex was 3 tenths faster than Larson Wonder how many laps before Truex passed him 1 or 2 laps?

#42 Kyle Larson Chevrolet 9
Active.png
37.092 Leader
#78 Martin Truex Jr.
Active.png
#77 Erik Jones 37.331

your having a tough time grasping the fact the the two Yotas in front of all of them were 3 to 5 tenths faster on the lap meter. That is the last lap with Larson out in clean air. Truex was 3 tenths faster than Larson Wonder how many laps before Truex passed him 1 or 2 laps?

#42 Kyle Larson Chevrolet 9
Active.png
37.092 Leader
#78 Martin Truex Jr.
Active.png
#77 Erik Jones 37.331
Larson was also screaming on the radio, celebrating the whole lap and had his fist out the window

Larson was also screaming on the radio, celebrating the whole lap and had his fist out the window

That was hilarious yet making me so ****** nervous. After the "wooooohoooooooo" in turn 3 I was almost certain he was about to blow a right front....

pretty funny on the last restart whistle britches Bayne thought he would run in the corner like the big boys. He shot out the top like a cork out of a bottle. bwaaa lost a couple of spots.

Back
Top Bottom