Cup RACE thread --- Michigan

Bubba went on the new channels talking about how evil it was and how he was a victim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1659919314964.gif

sentYeah, today wasn’t his day. But hey where did your gu
And they make THEIR problem your problem. People hate being uncomfortable. So when someone struggles, or acts in a way that makes another uncomfortable, they hold YOU responsibility for their discomfort.

Why should we have to be responsible for our feelings, but others can't? It's a very real, and frustrating expeirence. Unfortunately, we can't change people. But we can, with time, learn to empower ourselves and recognize how to protect ourselves emotionally and mentally when other people make THEIR interactional issues with us OUR problem.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatal
guess no body told him about the Ford plant nearby..

sent from my Samsung eTalk Gusto 3

This is why there's such a stigma with mental health. People will attack your coping methods, because it bothers them, or invalidate your problems, because it's not their problem.

Or because they're your father and think being mean and threatening will scare you into making yourself instantly better.

Or because they're your father and think being mean and threatening will scare you into making yourself instantly better.

This entire thing was hard to watch, because it was a very real mental breakdown on the largest stage in the world.

I was devastated watching this, because this girl's life was completely destroyed by the adults around her.

Winning a NASCAR Cup Series race is incredibly, unbelievably difficult. Ultimately, you have to be good and/or lucky enough to put yourself in position to win, which is hard enough in and of itself, and then you have to hope for the Galactic Alignment.

Second place in a Cup race might not be the absolute best day, but it's the closest thing to that - a pretty darn good day. Bubba, you'll never see this, but you didn't fail anybody, my man. You done good, and you've been doing good. Keep your head up and go get 'em next week. 👍

I have to imagine the TRD guys are sitting around trying to figure out how they managed to lose this one

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

The gerbils were sickening for announcers that were supposed to be neutral. Very unprofessional.

The gerbils were sickening for announcers that were supposed to be neutral. Very unprofessional.
I didn't get that impression but I guess it's a matter of opinion

Winning a NASCAR Cup Series race is incredibly, unbelievably difficult. Ultimately, you have to be good and/or lucky enough to put yourself in position to win, which is hard enough in and of itself, and then you have to hope for the Galactic Alignment.

Second place in a Cup race might not be the absolute best day, but it's the closest thing to that - a pretty darn good day. Bubba, you'll never see this, but you didn't fail anybody, my man. You done good, and you've been doing good. Keep your head up and go get 'em next week.
I think what really matters here is what we've all been waiting.

The 23 team is finally showing speed. They're not making mistakes that kill track position.

And Bubba is finally starting to show some consistency. His *mistake* on the restart wasn't a mistake.

He had probably a 2nd or 3rd place car, made passes, minimal mistakes, and ran 2nd with it.

And he's strung together 4 consecutive clean races. The question was, how competitive can Bubba be in good equipment?

We're getting our answer. As the guard passes and as 23x11 stays competitive, Bubba shows he can be a top 10 driver in this sport and probably win 1-3 races per year during his best seasons.

He's looked like a playoff driver for about a month now.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Chase never going to pass Kyle in Cup wins.
Chase elliott after 6 full time seasons in cup: 17 wins, 1 championship

Kyle busch after 6 full time seasons in cup: 19 wins, 0 championships.

Hate all you want, Chase is every bit as good as Kyle was at this point in their careers statistically speaking. Coupled with chase arguably having better equipment at this point in his career than Kyle Busch did. To say he will never pass him in cup wins is a bit obtuse. Its an outstanding feat to accomplish, 60+ wins. He's on track to be at least close to Kyles total, if not pass him in championships AND wins. Larson had 6 cup wins at 6 full time years in cup. Then went on a tear and won 10 more the following year. You never know when someone is going to get red hot, and when someone is gonna win 1 or no races in a season. If chase averages 3 or 4 wins a year the next 20 years, he will be close. Chase has the advantage here being in absolute top dollar equipment for the foreseeable future, also has the advantage of not racing JJ im his prime. Which personally I think was Kyles Achilles heel, much like larson was to chase last year.

I'm not saying chase is GOING to pass Kyle in wins or championships, but to say that he flat out won't or has no shot is preposterous.

I didn't get that impression but I guess it's a matter of opinion

One example was Letarte saying that there was no way that Kevin Harvick was going to win the race. That might be just peachy for you, but I bet SHR. Harvick and Busch beer weren't very excited about it.

Chase elliott after 6 full time seasons in cup: 17 wins, 1 championship

Kyle busch after 6 full time seasons in cup: 19 wins, 0 championships.

Hate all you want, Chase is every bit as good as Kyle was at this point in their careers statistically speaking. Coupled with chase arguably having better equipment at this point in his career than Kyle Busch did. To say he will never pass him in cup wins is a bit obtuse. Its an outstanding feat to accomplish, 60+ wins. He's on track to be at least close to Kyles total, if not pass him in championships AND wins. Larson had 6 cup wins at 6 full time years in cup. Then went on a tear and won 10 more the following year. You never know when someone is going to get red hot, and when someone is gonna win 1 or no races in a season. If chase averages 3 or 4 wins a year the next 20 years, he will be close. Chase has the advantage here being in absolute top dollar equipment for the foreseeable future, also has the advantage of not racing JJ im his prime. Which personally I think was Kyles Achilles heel, much like larson was to chase last year.

I'm not saying chase is GOING to pass Kyle in wins or championships, but to say that he flat out won't or has no shot is preposterous.
I think it's a reasonable prediction to be honest. I think most of us pegged Brad K for being the next Tony Stewart.

I think 2-3 titles and 50-60 wins is reasonable for Chase. Both Chase and Larson.

One example was Letarte saying that there was no way that Kevin Harvick was going to win the race. That might be just peachy for you, but I bet SHR. Harvick and Busch beer weren't very excited about it.
I think that was him just stirring up the underdog drama.

Congrats to the number 4 team for an outstanding win today. The 23X team for a nice second place finish and to the number 48 team for a top ten finish. As much as they have struggled lately that is a step in the right direction.

I think it's a reasonable prediction to be honest. I think most of us pegged Brad K for being the next Tony Stewart.

I think 2-3 titles and 50-60 wins is reasonable for Chase. Both Chase and Larson.

The first two years with Chase, I was extremely skeptical about him going anywhere tbh. Once he won in 2018, he's been on it like Donkey Kong ever since. Never in a million years did I think he'd win a championship watching those first 2 years. Now he's on par with two of the best to ever do it in Larson and KDB.

In conversations with friends, I've always seen Chase with the potential to be like Tony Stewart, and Larson with the potential to be like Jeff Gordon career statistics wise.

Of course as you mentioned, that thought doesn't always work out quite like we think. Thats the beauty of the sport though. One year you win 10 races and a championship, the next you win 1 race and struggle all season. Who knows whats on the horizon. For all we know Ty Gibbs could be the next 7 time. For all we know this could be harvicks last win.

But yeah, to say Chase has no shot at passing Busch is a little wonky. Especially with all the advantages that Chase has now that KDB didn't have at the beginning of his career.

Full disclosure: im not saying Chase is better or even close to KDB, he's not. He does have a better shot at a fulfilling career however. Just like Petty winning 200 races. Does that make petty better than KDB? Better than JJ? Better than Pearson, Dale Sr.? I surely don't think so. Careers are determined not only by driving skill but by the circumstances of which those talents were displayed. And arguably, Chase has the best circumstances out of all of them aside from JJ and Petty. Well, for now anyway. We will see when this new wave of drivers come in.

He gained half a second over 17 laps. Harvick coasted the final lap behind Cody Ware. The difference was pretty small.

Hamlin probably had the fastest car but that team is guaranteed a penalty every race.
Hamlin looked like superman at the last of the race but he had new tires. He finished over 4 seconds back. Would have been 6 seconds back if Harvick didn't light foot it the final lap

From the stands, the 11, 4, 23, 1, 20 were easily the best cars. Not sure who else I’m forgetting. Obviously Toyota was good and Hendrick was out to lunch besides Larson.

Byron & Bowman are off pace bad the past few months as far as playoff drivers go?? 🤷‍♂️

Very good numbers for Michigan. I know many fans were always hating on Michigan, and the 1.5's etc., but the common denominator appears to be more of the car used starting with the C.OT. The new car is proving to be very racey IMO.

1659926825222.png

I think today's race is just more proof we shouldn't be going anywhere more than once. Good race, big crowd. 2 dates waters it down

The first two years with Chase, I was extremely skeptical about him going anywhere tbh. Once he won in 2018, he's been on it like Donkey Kong ever since. Never in a million years did I think he'd win a championship watching those first 2 years. Now he's on par with two of the best to ever do it in Larson and KDB.

In conversations with friends, I've always seen Chase with the potential to be like Tony Stewart, and Larson with the potential to be like Jeff Gordon career statistics wise.

Of course as you mentioned, that thought doesn't always work out quite like we think. Thats the beauty of the sport though. One year you win 10 races and a championship, the next you win 1 race and struggle all season. Who knows whats on the horizon. For all we know Ty Gibbs could be the next 7 time. For all we know this could be harvicks last win.

But yeah, to say Chase has no shot at passing Busch is a little wonky. Especially with all the advantages that Chase has now that KDB didn't have at the beginning of his career.

Full disclosure: im not saying Chase is better or even close to KDB, he's not. He does have a better shot at a fulfilling career however. Just like Petty winning 200 races. Does that make petty better than KDB? Better than JJ? Better than Pearson, Dale Sr.? I surely don't think so. Careers are determined not only by driving skill but by the circumstances of which those talents were displayed. And arguably, Chase has the best circumstances out of all of them aside from JJ and Petty. Well, for now anyway. We will see when this new wave of drivers come in.
Everything is there for him and an HMS driver has dominated the sport the last 30 years.

It's just tough. I think he could have a compatible career to Tony Stewart. But I don't think he is the talent Stewart was in terms of car control.

Personally, I think Tony Stewart, Jeff Gordon and Jimmie Johnson are the 3 most talented drivers to grace cup the last 30 years. With no offense to KB or Larson, those 3 stand alone imo

Back
Top Bottom