Cup RACE thread --- on dirt, Bristol

Had a feeling Logano would win all week. One of those drivers who shows up big in events like this. Congrats to them.

Hamlin is a turd. Most unclutch racer of this era.

We do double file crash em up restarts 35 other races of the year. But not for a GWC at Dirt Bristol. Go figure lol

Fun race. Not the absolute sideways multigroove dirt race that was hyped but still a lot of fun. Great showing of driver talent and the knowledge from the team engineers. I hope they continue this race and keep on improving.
Its be confirmed its returning next year.

They didn’t prep it”

They've been prepping it for 4 weeks between the build and thousands of laps taken by dozens of divisions the past month and THIS is the time they "didn't prep it right".

What an asshatclown.

The race was stolen, because they didn't prep it.
Sounds vaguely familiar...

Attitude is so big. I remember the 08 race at Chicago when Kyle got by Jimmie on a late race restart. Jimmie basically just said "just got beat. Regret giving him the outside". Took the L on the chin, and moved on.

Denny isn't humble. He puts too much pressure on himself and can't be gracious in defeat. It was an awesome race. He just got beat. Couldn't admit it. And that's why he's not a Champion.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

They've been prepping it for 4 weeks between the build and thousands of laps taken by dozens of divisions the past month and THIS is the time they "didn't prep it right".

What an asshatclown.
I wonder if he looked around and saw that he was the only bonehead that thought find a way to win was taking the top grove.

Hell yeah Joey!! Hilarious that after all the hype about dirt guys a usual suspect wins as I’ve said for 2 weeks. Also, Denny was right on his bumper and easily could’ve moved him on that restart, typical dumbass move by him trying to run the Larson line when it hadn’t worked all day

They ran close to 50 laps after the prep for the final stage up until the last caution....Hamlin should've known there was nothing on the top.

Is there any truth to what he was saying that during the other cautions they ran something out there to blow off the top? I guess if he means stage breaks, yes, but I don't think they were doing that for incident cautions. He was more truthful when he said that he just cut the 22 too many breaks earlier.

It will be interesting to see how the new cars handle the dirt next year. IRS on a dirt track will be different is an understatement
Yes, its going to be interesting to see how much difference the race will be with the new car.

I just want to say that my hats off to all of the behind the scenes personnel that worked their as-s off getting the track ready for a great race today...I can't wait until next year. Good job NASCAR and Bruton Smith.

I may post this in a separate thread, just to get everyone's attention, but Denny Hamlin is one of just two drivers with 40 or wins without a title (other is Mark Martin).

Denny is the only driver with MORE than 40 wins without a title. of the 24 winningest drivers in cup, he's one of just two without a title. The four drivers below him all are champions.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Loved that hope we run a dirt race every year going forward, rotate it between different dirt tracks

LOL.

The Fox station in Greensboro, NASCAR's #1 TV market, didn't air the race.

The ratings for this are gonna be abysmal.

Wow! That's incredibly selfish of your local FOX affiliate. This should've been considered way too major of an event to ignore.

I remember being unhappy with my local Dallas-Fort Worth FOX station (actually owned by FOX itself) when they didn't air the virtual TMS race last year. And, that was a race that didn't count for anything.

I will say in the opinions it’s obvious who grew up with what style of racing. A lot of people who grew up with asphalt grassroots racing don’t seem to like this the way those of us who grew up with Saturday nights at the dirt track did

Wow! That's incredibly selfish of your local FOX affiliate. This should've been considered way too major of an event to ignore.

I remember being unhappy with my local Dallas-Fort Worth FOX station (actually owned by FOX itself) when they didn't air the virtual TMS race last year. And, that was a race that didn't count for anything.
But you have to remember NASCAR isn't the popular draw it once was...that is probably why we had this dirt race today because they are trying new things to try and draw more interest and change that.

Does that station have news in the broadcast window when the NASCAR race was on? If so, some stations these days don't like to pre-empt their newscasts for last minute re-scheduled events. Those ad slots on the newscasts have already been sold, and they might get more revenue in total from those than they would by airing a rescheduled NASCAR race. I remember when the Pittsburgh-Baltimore game on Thanksgiving was rescheduled to the following Wednesday. The NBC station in my area didn't air that game, because they didn't want to give up the revenue that had already been sold from the newscasts in that timeslot. Just a theory.

Last edited:
But you have to remember NASCAR isn't the popular draw it once was...that is probably why we had this dirt race today because they are trying new things to try and draw more interest and change that.

Considering the anticipation surrounding this huge event, every FOX affiliate ought to have aired this race.

Why is there a C/BP Station in the middle of Maine? And what are they doing airing TV transmissions...

lmao I was surprised to see it...no Canucks allowed I guess! And the cable package here in this town of 1,200 with zero population centers around has better cable than I've got!

It's more rural than north of NHMS!

I like doing this ONE more time as covid is obviously restricting the attendance. But after this it should go back to two asphalt Bristol races

Back
Top Bottom