Cup RACE thread --- Phoenix

With six twisty races yet to go, it could be a stellar year for Truex.
I don't mind Truex having another monster season. He's one of the likeable guys in the sport. He used to be an underdog but turned his career around with Furniture Row.

I don't mind Truex having another monster season. He's one of the likeable guys in the sport. He used to be an underdog but turned his career around with Furniture Row.
If he'd been in good cars his entire career he'd have a lot more wins. Even when driving crap he eeked out a few.

If he does win another championship hopefully NBC can allow it without consistently reminding him about his girlfriend’s cancer. That was stomach-turningly annoying.

Hell yeah Truex!!! It’s been a while and never won here before! Getting tired of Logano getting 2nd but have a feeling that will change soon. Other then Larson (who will be considered a usual suspect by the end of the year if he wasn’t already) the cream rose to the top. The top 5-7 are probably gonna be the guys to beat most of the year

Today just goes to show just how setup sensitive these cars really are. Larson had the best HMS car most of the day and went to the back three times and still blasted back through the the field towards the front until they made a few adjustments towards the end of the race and then the car started going backwards. Byron had the second best HMS car and stayed in the top 10 most of the day. Elliott was a hit and miss until the last stop and then they hit on something that gave him a better car. Bowman's car was just a disappointing top 15 car most of the day. Even one of the best Phoenix drivers "Harvick" never was a real threat to win.

Today just goes to show just how setup sensitive these cars really are. Larson had the best HMS car most of the day and went to the back three times and still blasted back through the the field towards the front until they made a few adjustments towards the end of the race and then the car started going backwards. Byron had the second best HMS car and stayed in the top 10 most of the day. Elliott was a hit and miss until the last stop and then they hit on something that gave him a better car. Bowman's car was just a disappointing top 15 car most of the day. Even one of the best Phoenix drivers "Harvick" never was a real threat to win.
I wonder when SHR will right the ship?

If he'd been in good cars his entire career he'd have a lot more wins. Even when driving crap he eeked out a few.
I disagree. He was outperformed by Bower in equal equipment.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I wonder when SHR will right the ship?
Who knows if they will or not but with the championship format we currently have, they have plenty of time to right the ship. The 4 has been dominant more often than not at this point of the season and only once turned that into the"big" trophy. Maybe a lackluster start is what they need to be dominant when it matters most
With that said, harvick is at the age that things could fall apart for good at any time. With that said, I hope they can get back on top.

I watched the race later and wasn’t able to watch with the board....but Phoenix was okay. Larson had a real fast car, drove from the back to front a few times. Unfortunately looks like the adjustment they made on the final pit stops didn’t agree with the car. Byron had a good car too. I’m not ready to write Harvick’s obituary for the 21 season just yet, they ran well today. I think SHR is behind Hendrick, JGR, Penske right now though. I also feel Harvick doesn’t have a teammate worth a damn to go to battle with in tough times like they are going through now. They need another guy desperately to run for wins every week...Briscoe can be that guy one day, but the other 2 arnt worth much imo. It’ll be interesting to see how the 4 does in Atlanta. My take away from today is what is going on with the 18, the 2 is about to go on a run I expect him to win at one or two of Atlanta, Martinsville, Talladega or Darlington coming up and Bowman is having terrible luck in the 48. Props to the 19 today, I think they might have a say as to who lead JGR car is this year. Onto Atlanta.

If he does win another championship hopefully NBC can allow it without consistently reminding him about his girlfriend’s cancer. That was stomach-turningly annoying.
Brutal post. What an embarrassment. You feel good about this?

Exploitative, really.

NBC is all about the story, rather than the content. Worst sports coverage across the board.

"Exploitive?" Absolutely. She wants the exposure for her foundation which helps cancer patients. Your take is disappointing.

After losing as many close friends that I have lost to cancer I will never be annoyed by any amount of exposure aimed at this deadly disease. I'm just glad she is winning her war with this disease so far. 🏁 🏁

Brutal post. What an embarrassment. You feel good about this?
"Exploitive?" Absolutely. She wants the exposure for her foundation which helps cancer patients. Your take is disappointing.
Wake up dude. Not every post coming from another forum user is bashing Toyota or their teams/drivers. The world isn’t after you.

Over the course of several weeks in 2017 NBC would stick a mic in Truex’s face after a win and the first question wouldn’t be about the race or anything that happened on track, it was basically “hey remember the love of your life is fighting cancer, tell us how you feel right now”. They did the same thing with Cole Pearn after the loss of his best friend. I make no apologies about it, each of those moments were disturbing and NBC should have been ashamed. Those teams deserved to celebrate those victories and let the healing process happen organically without a network with collapsing ratings artificially create story for their own financial benefit. The way NBC handled it was sickening.

Nobody is throwing shade at MTJ or his family here. Nobody is advocating that foundations shouldn’t be advertised. Don’t be do passive about things.

Bowyer drove some good equipment too eventually, but did little in it.
He also didn't have the best CC and the best cars. I don't want to get into this again lol

I did not say I didn't like it, Rev and I believe you're missunderstanding. Not everything is in bad taste. Let me rephrase. I felt NBC's coverage was inherently self serving, and not for the benefit of Sherry. I have cancer survivors in my family and have lost multiple family members to cancer, I've also lost clients to cancer, quite recently really. So I'm sensitive to this issue. NBC helped Sherry, sure, but I found the way they went about it distasteful.

He also didn't have the best CC and the best cars. I don't want to get into this again lol

I'm just trying to understand. Were you saying that Bowyer was better than or even the equal to Truex as a driver? Either is laughable.

I'm just trying to understand. Were you saying that Bowyer was better than or even the equal to Truex as a driver? Either is laughable.
I'm not saying that. I'm saying Bowyer out performed him at MWR.

I'm not saying that. I'm saying Bowyer out performed him at MWR.

There are a lot of factors out of the drivers control that can cause one driver to out perform another driver even though they may have both been equally talented drivers.

Golf and hoops had my focus yesterday. Caught a reply today, held my attention! Definitely more of an old school race....i like that....

The Best Season Ever
Aside from that XD

But also, it really makes me wonder if Nbc is going to have a change in style as well. Fox is covering the content with tons of personality. Nbc is more narrative based, and it seems a lot less organic. The difference in coverage styles is going to be as huge as it's ever been, imo. I think there's potential for a change at NBC in 2022.

Aside from that XD

But also, it really makes me wonder if Nbc is going to have a change in style as well. Fox is covering the content with tons of personality. Nbc is more narrative based, and it seems a lot less organic. The difference in coverage styles is going to be as huge as it's ever been, imo. I think there's potential for a change at NBC in 2022.

To be fair, Fox missed that “altercation” in their live broadcast. The post race show was incredibly short. It wasn’t until Race Hub when it was showed.

Back
Top Bottom